“wonderful place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 121 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

whent there for a wedding of a friend on mine.
Needless to say averything was PERFECT!
great staff, very comfortable, good food and the view is amazing! they even recommended a great transportation company!
would definetly go back...and will recommend for future weddings...

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at Playa Fiesta for 4 nights in order to attend a friend’s wedding in early February. Overall we had a fantastic experience; the bride and groom were very pleased. The property is private and this was especially true because only wedding guests were present while we were there. The staff was very attentive and the wedding was planned wonderfully. Several of our meals were included which was great, along with an open bar daily. Something that would be really nice is if they stocked a big cooler or refrigerator with water bottles that could be accessed at any time. The night of the wedding I ran out of water around 4 AM (they have really small water bottles) and I felt like I needed to wait until morning to get more so I wouldn’t be disruptive. Perhaps they could try to stock a larger number of them in the mini-fridge. I could easily go through 5+ bottles myself after a night of eating and drinking.

We did not choose our room, and my understanding is that all wedding guests paid the same amount no matter what room the bride and groom assigned them to. We were certainly okay with this. Our room was on the same level as the pool and was a bit small (I believe it was number 105). Even so, it was very clean and had most everything we needed. There are a few things I would recommend addressing in order to make the stay more comfortable for future guests:
-There were no hooks in the bathroom to hang wet bathing suits or towels. They only gave us 2 towels at a time.
-There was no hair dryer and the one they gave me to use was not working properly.
-The pillows, sheets, blankets and mattress were not very comfortable. For what we paid to stay each night my expectations are a bit higher.
-The curtains did not completely cover the large windows/doors at the entry (right next to the bed) and a mirror was positioned on the wall in a way that made my boyfriend and I feel like we did not have privacy if somebody were to walk by. This was very true at night if we had any sort of light source inside the room (even the TV). New curtains, or the addition of another full sized panel, are a must for this reason.

Other than that we loved Playa Fiesta, and would recommend it!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Newton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

What can I say that will top any of the fabulous reviews about Playa Fiesta... Quite possibly the most amazing moments of my life happened at this hotel. I feel very fortunate to have planned a wedding and vacation here.

My husband (formerly fiance) and I chose to look in Mexico for a destination wedding. We searched all around to find a place that would be intimate, fun and of course, a great wedding venue. We had contacted over fifty different hotels in hopes to find a suitable place. We failed to find a hotel that met our requests. They were either not kid friendly and a dump, or way too pricey and pretentious. Finally, we stumbled upon Playa Fiesta. Within 10 minutes of requesting information from the hotel about hosting a wedding, Lindsay had sent us an email, answering ALL of our immediate questions and then some. We of course needed think it over. Within nearly a week of starting to plan a date, we had made the decision to book the venue. It was the best decision we have ever made!

My husband and I stayed in the presidential suite, but as the bride and groom, we were able to see every room before our guests arrived in order to place them in a suitable room. At first, I was worried about the "standard rooms" that didn't have an ocean view. But, as all vacations go, everyone ends up sitting by the pool/beach all day anyways! The rooms are nothing short of stunning!

Planning a wedding and a vacation was a breeze here. I knew ahead of time that I would need to make compromises because its a destination wedding, but I never really had to compromise with anything!

The food and beverages were fantastic! The entire staff knew everyone's names within the first day and were always so nice. As the bride, I'm sure I received a little bit of special treatment, but everyone was raving about the level of sophistication. Mojitos and guacamole were to die for....

I am counting the days until I can go back to Playa Fiesta. I have no doubt that every one of my wedding guests would say the same. My father said to me on the last day there, "I've been on plenty of family trips... On the last day, I am always ready to go home. But I don't want this one to ever end."

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Playa Fiesta is not a hotel.. it is an experience. Minutes away from giant resorts where guests are simply a number, Playa Fiesta is run by a couple who love what they do and treat their guests like family members.
-excellent service...check
-excellent food......check
-excellent drinks...check (do yourself a favor let Charlie pick your drink)
-beautiful and clean..check (we stayed in the honeymoon suite, it was amazing)
I work in the wedding industry and I have always been skeptical of destination weddings.
This is the place to have your private dream wedding or just get away...
This is the only place in PV I will ever stay. If your smart you will too.

Thank you everyone at Playa Fiesta see you soon!
thanks again lindsay for making our trip so special...

Room Tip: We stayed in the PH which was dreamy..but other guests said "there is no such thing as a bad ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

After selecting Puerto Vallarta as the place to celebrate our 25th anniversary, I immediately went to TripAdvisor and booked a reservation at the #1 rated Hotel Playa Fiesta. I usually have to go down the list to something lower in the top 20 to get a reasonable price, but Hotel Playa Fiesta seemed to not only be the top-rated hotel, but also the best value. We were delighted by the ocean view room, the friendly owner and staff, the great restaurant, and the tranquil environment. The front desk called other restaurants to book reservations for us, and we were surprised when the waiter brought our dessert with "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate. Only 5-10 minute taxi ride to get to the Zona Romantica or boardwalk areas in town. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I took our two teenage kids to Playa Fiesta over the holidays. This was our first time to Mexico, and when we walked in to this beautiful boutique hotel situated right on the beach, we were instantly in heaven! All of the people on the staff are amazing-- they all knew us by name from the first day. The service was excellent, and the food was superb. Our room was just amazing, with a huge room for us, and a separate equally huge room for the kids-- both with king size beds, separate bathrooms, two private balconies, and floor-to-ceiling French doors opening out with full views of the ocean. It far exceeded our expectations-- we were blown away. Our kids loved their sense of freedom at this place, and leisurely strolling downstairs for the most amazing breakfasts each morning. We spent our afternoons lounging by the pool, reading books, hanging out on the beach, playing cards, and our kids loved sipping smoothies all day long, playing in the surf, and just lounging about at this beautiful property. Oh, and the taco platter was a daily ritual! If you are going to Puerto Vallarta, this is the place to stay-- perfect for a family of four that wants to relax together in the most amazing setting. We loved Hefe the dog, Charlie the bartender, and the owners are the most lovely people. We just loved this place so much, and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Playa Fiesta for our 5 year wedding anniversary and it could not have been more perfect! It is probably one of the most relaxing trips we have taken as a married couple (we usually need a vacation from our vacations!). Of course the hotel was immaculate, beyond relaxing, the best food in PV, best drinks, best staff, best owners....Simply the best, which was exactly what we wanted for this celebration for ourselves.

All the reviews you read about how wonderful Playa Fiesta is are spot on. We actually got married there 5 years ago and go back to visit almost every year. We feel like it is our vacation home! We will be planning a reunion trip with a large group of friends and family soon because all of our wedding guests are dying to get back.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel? Share your experiences!