“This hotel is the reason I travel ....” 5 of 5 stars

Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel
Carretera a Barra de Navidad Km. 5, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Ranked #1 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Chicago
“This hotel is the reason I travel ....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Playa Fiesta is not a hotel.. it is an experience. Minutes away from giant resorts where guests are simply a number, Playa Fiesta is run by a couple who love what they do and treat their guests like family members.
-excellent service...check
-excellent food......check
-excellent drinks...check (do yourself a favor let Charlie pick your drink)
-beautiful and clean..check (we stayed in the honeymoon suite, it was amazing)
I work in the wedding industry and I have always been skeptical of destination weddings.
This is the place to have your private dream wedding or just get away...
This is the only place in PV I will ever stay. If your smart you will too.

Thank you everyone at Playa Fiesta see you soon!
thanks again lindsay for making our trip so special...

Room Tip: We stayed in the PH which was dreamy..but other guests said "there is no such thing as a bad ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

After selecting Puerto Vallarta as the place to celebrate our 25th anniversary, I immediately went to TripAdvisor and booked a reservation at the #1 rated Hotel Playa Fiesta. I usually have to go down the list to something lower in the top 20 to get a reasonable price, but Hotel Playa Fiesta seemed to not only be the top-rated hotel, but also the best value. We were delighted by the ocean view room, the friendly owner and staff, the great restaurant, and the tranquil environment. The front desk called other restaurants to book reservations for us, and we were surprised when the waiter brought our dessert with "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate. Only 5-10 minute taxi ride to get to the Zona Romantica or boardwalk areas in town. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I took our two teenage kids to Playa Fiesta over the holidays. This was our first time to Mexico, and when we walked in to this beautiful boutique hotel situated right on the beach, we were instantly in heaven! All of the people on the staff are amazing-- they all knew us by name from the first day. The service was excellent, and the food was superb. Our room was just amazing, with a huge room for us, and a separate equally huge room for the kids-- both with king size beds, separate bathrooms, two private balconies, and floor-to-ceiling French doors opening out with full views of the ocean. It far exceeded our expectations-- we were blown away. Our kids loved their sense of freedom at this place, and leisurely strolling downstairs for the most amazing breakfasts each morning. We spent our afternoons lounging by the pool, reading books, hanging out on the beach, playing cards, and our kids loved sipping smoothies all day long, playing in the surf, and just lounging about at this beautiful property. Oh, and the taco platter was a daily ritual! If you are going to Puerto Vallarta, this is the place to stay-- perfect for a family of four that wants to relax together in the most amazing setting. We loved Hefe the dog, Charlie the bartender, and the owners are the most lovely people. We just loved this place so much, and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Playa Fiesta for our 5 year wedding anniversary and it could not have been more perfect! It is probably one of the most relaxing trips we have taken as a married couple (we usually need a vacation from our vacations!). Of course the hotel was immaculate, beyond relaxing, the best food in PV, best drinks, best staff, best owners....Simply the best, which was exactly what we wanted for this celebration for ourselves.

All the reviews you read about how wonderful Playa Fiesta is are spot on. We actually got married there 5 years ago and go back to visit almost every year. We feel like it is our vacation home! We will be planning a reunion trip with a large group of friends and family soon because all of our wedding guests are dying to get back.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I can’t think of a better way to spend Thanksgiving than at Playa Fiesta. My husband and I met a few friends for 4 nights during Thanksgiving last year and I cannot wait to return. We were the only couple that had not been married there but I wish we had! Lindsay and Adam are wonderful owners and you can really tell they take pride in their establishment. From the minute you walk in the front gate you are greeted by name and they really do a great job of making you feel relaxed. Drop your bags and head to the bar for some amazing guacamole and a cold Pacifico. The daily breakfast is wonderful and all of the staff is so accommodating. You never have to ask for another drink and are always greeted by name with a handshake and/or hug. Jefe, the dog makes you feel like you’re at home also for those of us who miss our 4-legged kids. We spend a full day traveling to Playa Fiesta from FL but it is worth every minute. We can’t wait to get back to see our new family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Most of the reviews for Playa Fiesta on trip advisor are from thrilled wedding parties and understandably so since it is the perfect hotel for a destination wedding for 40-80 guests. What's less clear from the reviews is that Playa Fiesta is an equally perfect vacation experience for individuals, couples or families during the weeks where a wedding party hasn't taken over the whole hotel. My wife and I were not married at Playa Fiesta, but we found the hotel through trip advisor in 2007 and have had the pleasure of spending each Christmas over the past five years at Playa Fiesta. We've met amazing people there each year -- some of whom were married at the hotel or attended weddings there, but others who had just found the place through trip advisor like us. The hotel's owners Adam and Lindsay are incredible hosts and make sure everyone is introduced to each other and feel welcomed. The entire staff is equally gracious and personable, and somehow learn everyone's names within minutes of arrival. Each time we stay, we leave feeling as if we've made a dozen new close friends which is truly special.

This past December, we decided to celebrate my recent 40th birthday by renting out the hotel and inviting all of our friends to join us for New Year's Eve. Let me just say that Playa Fiesta knows how to throw a party. On NYE, candles were lit everywhere, a dance floor was set up over one of the pools, the DJ was fantastic, and we had our own personal fireworks show. It was all set up with incredible professionalism and at a fraction of what a comparable event would have cost in the U.S. All of my friends were completely blown away by the entire weekend. I would highly recommend Playa Fiesta to anyone looking for a special place to celebrate a similar event.

As for the resort itself, it's perfectly situated about 10 minutes south of Old Town. The hotel has great beach access for an ocean swim and a fantastic bar/pool area to just lounge and relax. The rooms are beautifully designed and kept. And the food is excellent with a broad range of options (Mexican, Italian, American, Asian). As others have mentioned, Adam and Lindsay somehow manage to improve the property in some way each year. We couldn't be happier with our experience at Playa Fiesta which is why we keep going back year after year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Beverly Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

You can read all about why this place is great in the 300 other reviews here by wedding parties and guests but I'm not going to regurgitate all of that (although I certainly do concur). Yes, it's amazing and awesome and unbelievable and I almost cried on the way to the airport because I didn't want to leave although I also had a pina colada, beer, and tequila shot for breakfast so that may be a contributor.

For me, the stand-out beyond everything else is the staff and Lindsay, the owner. My better half "M" cannot eat pepper, garlic, or onions. Both of us are vegetarians. The 3x daily meals were rich with delicious accoutrements but the main entree was always meat per the wedding party.

The first time I told Lindsay about our restrictions, she immediately offered to make fish instead. Not only that, but she also made sure it was made very clean with just salt and olive oil. I don't normally eat fish ever but M's was so good that I got it too. Lindsay's staff was SO tuned into us that they made sure fish was prepared and available for us the entire 4-night stay. Every one of those staff members were wonderful but I really have to highlight Patricio. He proactively sought us out and made sure we were on board with the menu.

Mexican food makes it really easy to be a vegetarian but this was just beyond above par.

Living in the Beverly Hills area, I have to say that only 2-3 restaurants have ever been as accommodating as Playa Fiesta and even then it's because they were high-end and top quality. I think that really says a lot for Lindsay and her staff.

ALSO: where else can you have Chilaquiles for breakfast every day?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel? Share your experiences!