“Perfect Thanksgiving” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Jacksonville, Florida
“Perfect Thanksgiving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I can’t think of a better way to spend Thanksgiving than at Playa Fiesta. My husband and I met a few friends for 4 nights during Thanksgiving last year and I cannot wait to return. We were the only couple that had not been married there but I wish we had! Lindsay and Adam are wonderful owners and you can really tell they take pride in their establishment. From the minute you walk in the front gate you are greeted by name and they really do a great job of making you feel relaxed. Drop your bags and head to the bar for some amazing guacamole and a cold Pacifico. The daily breakfast is wonderful and all of the staff is so accommodating. You never have to ask for another drink and are always greeted by name with a handshake and/or hug. Jefe, the dog makes you feel like you’re at home also for those of us who miss our 4-legged kids. We spend a full day traveling to Playa Fiesta from FL but it is worth every minute. We can’t wait to get back to see our new family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Most of the reviews for Playa Fiesta on trip advisor are from thrilled wedding parties and understandably so since it is the perfect hotel for a destination wedding for 40-80 guests. What's less clear from the reviews is that Playa Fiesta is an equally perfect vacation experience for individuals, couples or families during the weeks where a wedding party hasn't taken over the whole hotel. My wife and I were not married at Playa Fiesta, but we found the hotel through trip advisor in 2007 and have had the pleasure of spending each Christmas over the past five years at Playa Fiesta. We've met amazing people there each year -- some of whom were married at the hotel or attended weddings there, but others who had just found the place through trip advisor like us. The hotel's owners Adam and Lindsay are incredible hosts and make sure everyone is introduced to each other and feel welcomed. The entire staff is equally gracious and personable, and somehow learn everyone's names within minutes of arrival. Each time we stay, we leave feeling as if we've made a dozen new close friends which is truly special.

This past December, we decided to celebrate my recent 40th birthday by renting out the hotel and inviting all of our friends to join us for New Year's Eve. Let me just say that Playa Fiesta knows how to throw a party. On NYE, candles were lit everywhere, a dance floor was set up over one of the pools, the DJ was fantastic, and we had our own personal fireworks show. It was all set up with incredible professionalism and at a fraction of what a comparable event would have cost in the U.S. All of my friends were completely blown away by the entire weekend. I would highly recommend Playa Fiesta to anyone looking for a special place to celebrate a similar event.

As for the resort itself, it's perfectly situated about 10 minutes south of Old Town. The hotel has great beach access for an ocean swim and a fantastic bar/pool area to just lounge and relax. The rooms are beautifully designed and kept. And the food is excellent with a broad range of options (Mexican, Italian, American, Asian). As others have mentioned, Adam and Lindsay somehow manage to improve the property in some way each year. We couldn't be happier with our experience at Playa Fiesta which is why we keep going back year after year.

Beverly Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

You can read all about why this place is great in the 300 other reviews here by wedding parties and guests but I'm not going to regurgitate all of that (although I certainly do concur). Yes, it's amazing and awesome and unbelievable and I almost cried on the way to the airport because I didn't want to leave although I also had a pina colada, beer, and tequila shot for breakfast so that may be a contributor.

For me, the stand-out beyond everything else is the staff and Lindsay, the owner. My better half "M" cannot eat pepper, garlic, or onions. Both of us are vegetarians. The 3x daily meals were rich with delicious accoutrements but the main entree was always meat per the wedding party.

The first time I told Lindsay about our restrictions, she immediately offered to make fish instead. Not only that, but she also made sure it was made very clean with just salt and olive oil. I don't normally eat fish ever but M's was so good that I got it too. Lindsay's staff was SO tuned into us that they made sure fish was prepared and available for us the entire 4-night stay. Every one of those staff members were wonderful but I really have to highlight Patricio. He proactively sought us out and made sure we were on board with the menu.

Mexican food makes it really easy to be a vegetarian but this was just beyond above par.

Living in the Beverly Hills area, I have to say that only 2-3 restaurants have ever been as accommodating as Playa Fiesta and even then it's because they were high-end and top quality. I think that really says a lot for Lindsay and her staff.

ALSO: where else can you have Chilaquiles for breakfast every day?

Novato, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have vacationed twice at the Playa Fiesta and everything about this hotel is just truly Amazing! My first trip was for my friends wedding and I had such a wonderful time that I returned 2 years later to celebrate my 40th birthday. The Hotel is nestled in a beautiful part of PV and the ocean views are great. The food is delicious, creative and very fresh! The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and extremely helpful. I absolutly enjoyed every second of my vacation. I would recommend the Playa Fiesta to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My wife and I got married in November 2010. My review is a little late. We're in the Grand Cayman now and it is just as beautiful here as it was at our wedding so why not write now. We certainly thought we had the best wedding ever. More importantly, this is what we heard from guests for the next year and we didn't always hear it from them directly. We heard it from our friends who couldn't make the wedding after talking to the family and friends that did! I travel 200+ nights a year around the world. First and foremost, Playa Fiesta as a hotel or resort accommodation can be considered Westin-level or higher. I'm sure it is better today than it was two years ago because the owners have demonstrated reinvestment back into the property year after year.

We had 55 people attend our wedding. The wedding planning process was simple. Lindsay, owner, is an expert at this. Playa Fiesta has several other wedding planners that have taken more lead roles over the years to always make the experience better. I imagine Lindsay has perfected over 300+ weddings by now. Husband and owner Adam takes care of the contracting piece and hotel operations. This is probably a good thing. Adam is a fun guy and if he didn't have much to do, he would probably be at your wedding celebration all four or five days.

The welcome was top notch. This first day is really fun. Guests arrive throughout the day. By the end of the night, most are in the pool and well into their social and drinking limits. There are many activities to do throughout the days you are there. Our group went zip-lining. The older people, less physical or pregnant stayed back at the property. Many went into town to sight see and experience the restaurants.

The package provides for breakfast every morning. The food is great. You can elect a number of dinners depending on how you structure your time with guests. All meals were great and nothing less than you would expect from a high-end resort. The appetizers, main course and dessert were exceptional the night of the wedding. The tuna tartare appetizer was so great I could have feasted on that alone all night.

If you are considering a destination wedding, you should seriously look at Playa Fiesta. If you are looking to go to Mexico, you should go to no other place than Puerto Vallarta. The city is rich in history, food and culture without any of the media-overblown violence. If you are going to Puerto Vallarta for a destination wedding, you should be no where else other than Playa Fiesta.

Oh and last, if you are not getting married, but still want a romantic or private get-away, got to Playa Fiesta.

Room Tip: Nearly all rooms are suites. Every room is different. It's not your standard hotel layout.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was recently in Puerto Vallarta for a wedding. The event was held at the Playa Fiesta resort and the entire party stayed in the hotel. The amenities were beautiful, the location was great and the staff were helpful, courteous and friendly. I enjoyed myself very much and would recommend Playa Fiesta to anyone!

Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

WOW. Being at Playa Fiesta is like being in a good friend's gorgeous villa, with a staff that is as friendly and attentive as they are professional. The rooms are gorgeous, with an attention to detail that shows a passion for leisure. The food is fresh and delicious. The pools...the ocean...the views from every angle on the property are majestic. This place invites those "moments" you will remember forever. How can a place can feel totally relaxing and at the same time totally invigorating? I felt so at ease from the moment of arrival, every need was met. Both Lindsey and Adam are consummate hosts. Frankly, the only part I didn't like was leaving... ;) I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Corner suites are amazing !
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel? Share your experiences!