My wife and I got married in November 2010. My review is a little late. We're in the Grand Cayman now and it is just as beautiful here as it was at our wedding so why not write now. We certainly thought we had the best wedding ever. More importantly, this is what we heard from guests for the next year and we didn't always hear it from them directly. We heard it from our friends who couldn't make the wedding after talking to the family and friends that did! I travel 200+ nights a year around the world. First and foremost, Playa Fiesta as a hotel or resort accommodation can be considered Westin-level or higher. I'm sure it is better today than it was two years ago because the owners have demonstrated reinvestment back into the property year after year.
We had 55 people attend our wedding. The wedding planning process was simple. Lindsay, owner, is an expert at this. Playa Fiesta has several other wedding planners that have taken more lead roles over the years to always make the experience better. I imagine Lindsay has perfected over 300+ weddings by now. Husband and owner Adam takes care of the contracting piece and hotel operations. This is probably a good thing. Adam is a fun guy and if he didn't have much to do, he would probably be at your wedding celebration all four or five days.
The welcome was top notch. This first day is really fun. Guests arrive throughout the day. By the end of the night, most are in the pool and well into their social and drinking limits. There are many activities to do throughout the days you are there. Our group went zip-lining. The older people, less physical or pregnant stayed back at the property. Many went into town to sight see and experience the restaurants.
The package provides for breakfast every morning. The food is great. You can elect a number of dinners depending on how you structure your time with guests. All meals were great and nothing less than you would expect from a high-end resort. The appetizers, main course and dessert were exceptional the night of the wedding. The tuna tartare appetizer was so great I could have feasted on that alone all night.
If you are considering a destination wedding, you should seriously look at Playa Fiesta. If you are looking to go to Mexico, you should go to no other place than Puerto Vallarta. The city is rich in history, food and culture without any of the media-overblown violence. If you are going to Puerto Vallarta for a destination wedding, you should be no where else other than Playa Fiesta.
Oh and last, if you are not getting married, but still want a romantic or private get-away, got to Playa Fiesta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Fiesta is unique in every sense of the word. A true gem situated on the South side of Puerto Vallarta right on the ocean with magnificent views of Banderas Bay. Playa Fiesta caters to Wedding groups & Vacationers. A quaint & intimate resort with full hotel amenities. The onsite Bar & Restaurant are open from 8am-11pm daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Fiesta Beachclub Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Fiesta Beachclub And Hotel
- Hotel Playa Fiesta Beachclub