“The TOPS” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
San Francisco, California, United States
“The TOPS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

These guys run a top-knotch place. From the service to the food to the rooms to the view, we felt simultaneously completely at home and on vacation! I LOVE this place. Lindsey and Adam are friendly and very professional and go out of their way to create a truly unique experience. The first time I was there it was for a wedding- which went flawlessly from the fireworks to the buffet dinner- the entire 4 day event was amazing. The second time we went back with friends and it was like returning home to a summer house. Charlie, the head bartender, even remembered me by name if you can believe it! I felt very safe, the place was immaculate, the food was great and the location stunning. I can't say enough about how much I enjoy going to Playa Fiesta and my family is planning their next vacation here as a result of my recent ravings. Do yourself a favor and book your next vacation here.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great. many have balconies and you can share a suite with a family too.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

A group of friends rented out the Playa Fiesta for a family and friends 5-day adventure. The hotel was amazing, the staff was wonderful and the food was good. I cannot say again how great the staff was there. We've been a lot of hotels and frankly this was hands down the best service. Most of the staff knew our names by the 2nd day and treated us like family.

The American owners of the hotel have created a wonderful oasis. We felt at home in all regards.

We will definitely return again with family and friends.

Room Tip: pick a room with an ocean view. 2nd floor or higher (only 4 floors in this lovely boutique hotel). Y...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sonora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My daughter wanted to have a destination wedding where both sides of the wedding party could come together and enjoy a real vacation. Initially, we were concerned about the location, as you hear in the news Mexico is not safe and traveling can be sometimes difficult. However, I can proudly and openly boast that Playa Fiesta was beyond any and all expectations we had! Not only did my daughter experience a beautiful wedding, but our friends and family who traveled from near and far had an incredible vacation.

First and foremost, the quality of service is top notch and the best we've ever experienced. Lindsay and her staff go above and beyond to ensure each and every guest is happy and comfortable. Playa Fiesta offers a personal touch that no other hotel has ever compared to. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous, clean and spacious. Not to mention the views are breathtaking.

Secondly, there was never a moment we didn't feel safe and secure. Even getting transportation to and from the airport was convenient and worry-free.

From a parents perspective, the wedding was completely stress-free and enjoyable. In fact, our friends and family still talk about it! We would highly recommend Playa Fiesta to any and all parents. My wife and I have traveled nationally and internationally for years, and without hesitation we can both say Playa Fiesta was one of the best experiences we've had.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Playa Fiesta is the best destination for a wedding or a vacation. I can not say enough great things about the hotel staff, everyone there makes you feel like family.
The days by the pool are spectacular. The views are amazing, and I loved my unique room. I have traveled for work for about 10years and never have I been made to feel like I was at home until now! The staff knows your name by the end of the first day, and remembers your drink order all week long! The food is delicious; I tired the French toast, tortilla soup, spaghetti and my all time favorite tacos for two. Everyone all week talked about how good the food was.
I can not wait to come back to Playa Fiesta, already looking to come back soon.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

This place is truly a beach party as the name suggests. The hotel is small and the staff is 4 star! They take care of everything. Elegant, relaxed, spacious, carefree. Not your average getaway! Thank you to the owners who are on site here in the hotel and have the integrity that allows for this magical space to exist.

• Stayed December 2012
los angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This boutique hotel does constant weddings and holiday events for groups. The owners were around half the time and very nice.

We went for a wedding and the hotel accommodated about 60 people. The staff were extremely nice and spoke English very well. The views were amazing- patio view, pool view, ocean front, etc.

The only reason why this is a 4/5 is that the food was average. Not very authentic- it was Americanized and overpriced for the "average-ness" of it.

All in all they hosted a fun trip and beautiful wedding! Would recommend for sure- just advise you to leave the boutique for better food!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The timeframe from discovering Playa Fiesta on Trip Advisor to matrimony was just over 4 months. Definitely a quick turn, but once you make up your mind and she says yes, what's the point of a long engagement? Get on with it brother. In any case, after a few weeks of research for a 75-100 person wedding in San Diego, we quickly realized that a small fortune was required to accommodate our basic requirements:
-Romantic and memorable wedding and reception venues
-Tasty catered food
- DJ who wasn’t an annoying MC; just music amigo
-Quality Photographer
Once reality set in and it occurred to us that we could spend a comparable amount for a one night wedding and reception versus a week long vacation and wedding at Playa Fiesta (albeit with a smaller attendance) it turned into a no-brainer. Not to mention the challenge that our extremely busy work schedules imposed on trying to plan a full blown wedding at home. Long story short, what we thought would be a small turnout ending up being almost twice the total number we expected. We quickly realized that a destination wedding is an opportunity for friends and family to enjoy a little down time of their own. In the case of PF, this opportunity just happens to be one of the most lavish and pampered trips they'd ever experienced.

As to avoid redundancy, all the previous reviews describing the attentiveness and professionalism of the staff and owners are spot on. Seriously.

As a groom I had fears of wedding day stress and frustration. Not at PF. Basic summary of my day: After a yummy breakfast buffet (the chilaquiles rock), I was sequestered from the wife-to-be. All that meant for me was to move my simple wedding attire to another room while she spent the next several hours being pampered in the wedding suite with whatever it is brides do in their final single hours. Meanwhile, I was cleared hot to enjoyed an afternoon in the pool and associated margaritas, strawberry mojitos, and cerveza (BTW – unlike many resorts in that region they serve Pacifico, Corona, and Negra Modelo). Not too many of course, but they were readily available. Needless to say, as the wedding day unfolded, we were able to enjoy every moment and there was virtually no stress. The hosts at PF took care of every detail. We found that less is more at this venue, as well. Accordingly, some basic recommendations: the national full bar is sufficient (is someone wants top shelf, let them buy it themselves. In our experience, no one noticed the difference), no need to go beyond the Ambiance Package 1 (it’s such a beautiful venue that the extras are superfluous), and Lindsay and Adam truly care about their venue, their staff, and your experience – trust their recommendations. Also, the minister did a wonderful job during the ceremony and several of the guests told us how much they appreciated his short, professional, yet entertaining ceremony.

Finally, as previously mentioned, we were initially very concerned about the decision to hold a destination wedding. After all, not everyone could attend. Especially the 80-90 year old grandparents. As it turned out, those who could had one of the best vacations of their lives and told us as much. Furthermore, the wifi connection on the wedding deck enabled us to Skype with the grandparents during the ceremony, so they were able to witness the important part. Point being, you can choose between an expensive and painfully stressful day or a 4-5 day relaxing vacation with your friends and family. It’s up to you. We made the right choice and are still pinching ourselves over a month later to ensure it wasn’t a fantasy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel? Share your experiences!