“Awesome is an Understatement” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel

You added Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel to your Saves list
Playa Fiesta BeachClub & Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera a Barra de Navidad Km. 5, Puerto Vallarta 48390, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 124 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Awesome is an Understatement”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was a bride who held her wedding at Playa Fiesta in late April. I am sure anyone who is lucky enough to stumble upon their Trip Advisor page can easily see that this resort gets amazing reviews. So, I wanted to post a few experiences that maybe were not highlighted in other reviews. When I began to plan my wedding I had three major goals in mind: I wanted it to be unique, I wanted it to be stress-free, I wanted my father to be happy with the cost and my mother to be happy with the experience. All three of these expectations were not only met, but exceeded.
Playa Fiesta is not a cookie-cutter resort. The owners, Lindsay and Adam, along with their entire staff, make sure that the second you entire their little paradise you have this amazing feeling that they are opening their arms to you and welcoming you in (not trying to sell a time-share like so many big resorts). After you step foot in, get ready to have one of the best vacations of your life. I am from New Orleans – and we are people who love good food and REALLY love a good drink. Not only is the food at Playa Fiesta fantastic, but many of my guest are still making some of the new cocktails we learned from the amazing bartenders (Charlie and Polo).
As for planning the wedding, Lindsay and her staff are ridiculous (in an amazing way). I was building a house, going through a merger at work, and planning a wedding and somehow never seemed stressed on the wedding end. Lindsay has this down to a science. You plan everything – the exact way you want it – at appropriate intervals throughout the planning process. She has each minute detail mapped out on a spreadsheet and nothing feels better than to check each one off when you come to an agreement with the final decision. After the process was said and done, I can easily say it was one of the easiest things I have done in my life and I bet few brides can attest to that.
When the year of planning goes by and you finally arrive, everything goes smoothly and is better than you could have imagined. Lindsay and Adam are very upfront with all the cost. They do not try to sway you in any way to plan all your events with them. I was married in a church, had a rehearsal dinner “off-campus”, and made many of the table numbers and decorations myself. Best part is – Lindsay helped me with all of it. She stayed in constant contact with the church and even helped with some signs I wanted to make for some of the wedding pictures. The church ended up being so wonderful and perfect – and that is what made my mom the most happy. New Orleans is a very Catholic city; with old, breath-taking churches…but none of them held a candle to the charm and vibrant colors of the church we married in – Refugio. The pictures came out amazing – bright turquoise on the walls, cobblestone steps leading up the church, a very ornate alter. The church was the absolute perfect size for a “destination-sized” group. And most importantly, the buses were able to drop-off and pick-up all the guest right in front of the church so no one had to walk a ways in heels.
I could go on and on about Playa Fiesta, but if I sum it up in one experience to let reviewers know how amazing my family and friends thought this place was it would be this: My family has made it our new task to find my little brother a girlfriend and get them engaged fast because we want so badly to have another wedding at Playa Fiesta – it’s just that good

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
El Cajon, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had the pleasure of attending a wedding at Playa Fiesta Beach Club! What an amazing experience. The service was AMAZING and the FOOD top quality! It was a beautiful location for the event and the amenities made it feel like a 5 star experience! The only negative comment, the beds.....but typical in Mexico, a mattress on a cement base.....That is my only negative comment. Planning a wedding, family vacation or reunion or just looking for someplace off the beaten path...this is your place!
We will return! Thanks Lindsey and Adam

Room Tip: Be sure you have a sitting area in your room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We enjoyed the most wonderful Wedding experience ever! Lindsay & Adam orchestrated the perfect destination wedding for our Nephew and his Fiance with close attention to every last detail! From the beautiful location to the Fireworks we all experienced a lifetime memory. The food was delicious and served beautifully. The service was amazing and friendly! The flowers were gorgeous....Everything was topnotch! I really didn't know what to expect and I'm still pinching myself that I was able to experience this wonderful Wedding with family and friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

By far, this was the best wedding I've been a guest to. From the time you walk in to the minute you leave, you are treated with superior service! The staff takes it upon themselves to learn and remember each guests name, making the stay comfortable and personable. The food was delicious and Charlie is the best bartender! My friends and I still talk about what an amazing place Playa Fiesta is!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Destination wedding ! What a wonderful and unique opportunity to spend with my closest friends and family . We did a full take over of the hotel with our 55 guests.MY Wedding was in January and everyone continues to tell me it was the best WEDDING EXPERIENCE EVER!
Lindsay is an incredible hostess and went out of her way to make all my guests feel special .
The food was wonderful and the mariachis and jazz band were incredible ! In fact all of the vendore we worked with were wonderful! We loved , loved , loved it and so did our family and friends!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I don't even know where to start!!! From the details in the rooms to the outstanding service...this place is just amazing. Lyndsay, Adam and ALL their waitstaff are very attentive and genuinely care. I was a guest at a wedding at Playa Fiesta and I think I have suggested it to everyone I know to consider. They went way above and beyond for anything and everything the bride or any guest wanted. They even made a way to put up a volleyball net for us when it wasn't something they had handy.

The wedding area is gorgeous and so is the reception area. You can tell they are VERY attentive to not only their guests, but their hotel. Oh, and their food is outstanding! We had the shrimp and filet, and it was so tasty! The food was so good that none of us cared to venture out much!

It will be tough to attend another desination wedding that will beat this one! It was AWESOME!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was lucky enough to be a guest at a wedding recently at this AMAZING resort! to say we had a great experience here would be an understatement! From the minute we arrived to a very warm welcome by the staff and owners to the sad day we were packing to leave for home the service and location were just the best.

The fact that the hotel isn't a large chain was perfect for the wedding and we were absolutely spoilt by all of the staff, the food and drinks provided were exceptional and getting to know both the owners during our stay only made the whole stay more enjoyable. There were approximately 45 guests including us and we had the whole resort to ourselves. It was such a wonderful location right on the beach.

We'd been to many weddings in the last year but this easily took the cake. The wedding itself was held on the grounds and even with some rain hindering the initial wedding location the staff were able to quickly change the location so that we were all undercover and the ceremony went ahead with no time delays.

The rooms were more than spacious and with all the updates and work done to the venue we were in awe of how well kept everything was.
We were also impressed when one night we decided to have dinner away from the hotel and the staff were more than happy to organise everything from transport to the dinner itself.

Again I cannot express how much of a joy this trip was and how wonderful a venue this is for a wedding. I recommend this hotel 100% to anyone considering a destination wedding.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple