Room: When I first arrived at the resort, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a small, simple property, nestled between 2 empty resorts, one abandoned and one being torn down. The noise of the construction was a bit annoying during the day. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and it was clean, simple, and well appointed. Our ground floor unit 1902 was perfect for us as our daughter napped during the day, but we got bright afternoon sun on our patio, and our baby monitor reached to the snack bar.
Drinks: The drinks were again simple, but totally fine. 2 types of beer, tequila and rum based drinks. Mario is an excellent bartender and would deliver drinks to our patio during nap time!
Food: GOOD> first I should say that the clientele for this resort was almost entirely middle-class Mexican families. We were among the only white English-speaking guests. The best part of this is that their buffet was an excellent reflection of authentic Mexican cuisine! I can honestly say it was some of the best food we've had a resort. The buffet was somewhat small, but delicious and frequently changed. The highlights were the soups, fresh fish, frijoles, and there was usually something being made by a chef on the spot. NOT GOOD > I wish there was fresh juice available. Except for the watermelon agua fresca, all of the juice was sugary artificial junk. We would often walk down the street for fresh juice from a stand close to downtown. The snack bar was some of the worst food I've ever had. Weird processed cheese, hotdogs, chicken nuggets, and fried hamburgers, and fries, were greasy and disgusting. However it was always crowded so some people must like it. It needed some of the fresh delicious Mexican food that made its buffet so nice. However at night the snack bar served quesadillas and tacos on fresh tortillas which were excellent. Why not more of that during the day?
Beach: the resort is beach front and has a lovely clean and sandy place to wander and play. The surf is extremely rough and not suitable for swimming past mid-thigh depth. Not child friendly at all, but many enjoyed splashing and jumping the waves.
Proximity: This resort is very close to downtown and it took us about 15 minutes to get to the beginning of the boardwalk. Every morning we wandered the length of the boardwalk with our stroller and it took us about an hour to get to the end, and we were happiest if we could make it back before 10:30am when the day got hot. We went out one night for a walk and drinks and could see how anyone out for a partying vacation would have a great time in Puerto Vallarta. I also like how there is a Mega store next door, so were able to buy unexpected things like Tylenol and fresh fruit for snacks.
Overall: We travelled here with Sunwing Vacations as a last minute deal for extremely cheap. While it doesn't compare to some of the luxurious resorts we have stayed at, it was a nice vacation especially for the price. We don't like to stay at the same place twice, but I would definitely recommend it to families look for a fun, relaxing vacation on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 207 Rooms, including 40 two bedroom suites and 167 estandar romos, 2 swimming pools and kid's pool, two restaurants, two bars, one snack bar and ample parking lot. All romos are equipped with electronic lock and safety deposit box. Kid's club, the perfect place for the Little ones so they can enjoy games, contests, artcrafts, mini - cinema, spanish lessons and plenty of entertainment. Lighthouse Costa Club, the ideal place to enjoy the panoramic view of Puerto Vallarta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Costa Club Punta Arena reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Costa Club Punta Arena Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Costa Hotel Punta Arena
- Costa Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Costa Club Punta Arena