“Unit 406: Great Condo, Central Location, Good Price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plazamar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Vallarta
Plazamar
You added Plazamar to your Saves list
Lazero Cardenas 155, Puerto Vallarta 48380, Mexico   |
Ranked #32 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
San Diego, CA
“Unit 406: Great Condo, Central Location, Good Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My partner and I were searching for a no-hassle vacation over the Christmas and New Year's holidays and found the perfect condo in the perfect vacation spot! We booked through pvrpv.com a local vacation rental agency without problem.

The condo is much more than we expected - more like a home than a hotel room - lots of room to spread out and relax, and spotless too. The condo has a spacious floorplan. It features charming Mexican tiles and accents, art and decor, an updated - and fully equipped -- kitchen, an updated bathroom (with a shower big enough for five people), and a large balcony overlooking Lazaro Cardenas Parque (a small plaza). Though the condo faces the plaza, the balcony also has a generous view of the beach and ocean to the right.

The area is perfect for walking about the Zona Romantica district. Blue Chairs (for the boys!) is a few blocks south; the Malecon (the main ocean front shopping district) is a few blocks north and runs for about a mile; clubs, bars and shops of every sort and for every taste are also just two to three blocks away on average. In the evening, vendors set up food and trinket stalls along the boardwalk (well it's concrete but it acts like a boardwalk) heading towards the Malecon. We enjoyed freshly grilled fish on skewers from the vendors and great custard pies that were too delicious looking to pass up.

The street scene below the unit is lively, and typical of any city area. It can get a bit boisterous in the evenings, but the activity - and the noise - dies down by 10pm. Mornings are quiet - It's very peaceful and relaxing having coffee on the balcony as the sun rises. What's nice about this condo is that the bedroom is located in the back of the unit facing a quiet courtyard rather than the street. The bedroom has lots of storage and is very quiet. It features a king size bed with a very firm mattress, though not as concrete hard as some of the hotels beds can be in this area - I had no problem getting comfortable. The bedroom also has a peekaboo view of the ocean from the back and you can hear the waves at night.

The rooftop has a wonderful pool and deck area with unobstructed views of the beach, the plaza and the surrounding hills. The view can't be beat. We spent a fair amount of time lounging on deck chairs and soaking up the scenery and the street scene below in between dips in the pool. Laundry facilities, bathrooms and even a fridge for keeping the beer cold are located on the roof top. The only thing Plazamar is missing is a gym, which my partner and I would have used regularly.

The building has 24/7 front desk service and the staff were all cheerful and helpful. We felt very safe in this building.

PVRPV was a great help in selecting this condo for us. We booked rather late for a Christmas vacation and the few affordable places remaining were disappearing by the half hour. Before we had quite made up our mind, PVRPV booked us into the condo - without seeking a guarantee -- to ensure the unit wasn't rented out from under us. We quickly confirmed and are so glad they acted quickly for us. PVRPV offered to arrange sight seeing tours and purchase groceries for us, which was a nice touch. Christmas is the most expensive season so we paid a premium for this unit, but normally the prices are quite reasonable - especially for all you get. Even with the Christmas premium, the price was very reasonable.

We still have another seven days left of our vacation, yet we're already planning our return to this unit!

Room Tip: I believe the hotel rents units owned by different owners, so check the unit you choose. Unit 406 se...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great condos! Great prices! Great location to beach and Zona Romantica. Very, very clean. Jeff was very easy to work when I needed to downgrade to a smaller room. I felt safe 100% of the time. What more could you want???

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in 203 for 4 years, 6-8 weeks at a time. Loved the location and access to the beach and local restraunts. The view of the ocean however, is blocked by the bars on the beach.
The not so good part was the noise from the Burro's Bar and the drunk people walking home from the bars at all hours of the night. It started with the employer of the Burro Bar screaming at his employees every morning about 7:30 AM. If you noticed, the kitchen to bar is directly below the balcony of #203 and the smells from the kitchen are atroshis, especially when they cleaned the grills about 9:30 every night. So we had to make sure the doors to the terrace were closed at that time. We talked to other tenants on either side of us in the building and they did not have the smell problems. So if you are planningto to stay at the PlazaMar, we suggest you stay on the Third floor or higher. We have since moved to a condo where is is much quieter and only a block from the beach.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you are looking for a condo in PV, look no further. I was here for a week last year (first time in PV) and am now here for two weeks. Last year there were two of us and we stayed in the corner unit on the fifth floor. It was spectacular. The large wraparound terrace was a delight. It is very spacious and affords ocean and mountain views. It was also well equipped with very comfortable outdoor furniture to enjoy breakfast or sunsets.

This year I am here solo, and when I first started thinking about a vacation this was the first destination that came to mind. I am in a one-bedroom at the end so it is very quiet. (It is also low season.) The building is very secure, which I appreciate as a solo female traveller, and ideally located. It is also very clean and well maintained.

I was a bit skeptical booking online for the first time last year but everything exceeded my expectations. I also highly recommend dealing with Jeff Musto. I suspect I will be back next year as well. Thanks Jeff!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for a better view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have been coming to Puerto Vallarta for over 15 years and this is the 5th place I have stayed at. This is where I will continue staying as it is by far the best in so many ways. Location, location, location, what more can be said. Beachfront with spectacular ocean and city views. The city views are breathtaking because the Old Town of Vallarta is buit up a bowel that cascades into the sea. Many restaurants are all within walking distance as are many bars with all kinds of nightlife. WE stayed in Jeff Musto's unit 306 March 2011 which was very well maintained. I enjoy cooking and every utensil I needed was available. The king size bed was comfortable and there was ample closet space as I am a heavy packer. The room was cleaned very well every other day. There is a large gas grill on the rooftop next to the pool that is available for a small fee. Ah the rooftop pool! The plantings are very well maintained but I must admit that the water was a bit cool but very refreshing if you got too hot while sunbathing. The views from there were wonderful and there was a community fridge which was convienent if you wanted to keep some beer cold. I don't spend all day in the sun like I used to so the covered area was a real treat. I could drag my chaise under the roof and still enjoy the pool and roof top views. There are 2 washers and 2 dryers on this floor which we used mainly for our beach towels and beach shorts and T shirts.

The building is very secure as the front gate is locked at all times. You must ring a bell and then the person at the front desk buzzes you in. There is a computer in the loby that is available for a nominal fee. WE had a laptop so we did not use it but I saw others did. There is a small central courtyard that is well planted and is a nice place to gather if you are going out with others from Plaza Mar for a night of merry making. The entire building is kept very clean which is no small task since most people keep their windows and doors open. Speaking of doors, all units have an iron grill which locks over the front door so you can leave the door open for cross ventilation. WE felt totally secure and are anxious to return to what I feel is the best location in PV. WE were there during the "owners annual meeting" so we got to meet several of them. They all seemed to take pride in the building and in their unit.

This year we are returning in Oct for 3 weeks. Several years ago I went the in Oct and there were spectacular thunder storms in the evening with wonderful lightning effects. I am hoping for a return performance as the views from the balconys would be superb. I have stayed several times at another large complex very very near Plaza Mar and it does not compare in so many little ways. Plaza Mar is a star in the crown of the Romantic Zone.

Robert

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms have ocean views only. Side rooms have ocean views and city views. I prefered th...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Our stay was wonderful – and so very relaxing. The town seemed a bit quiet for the season, but that’s exactly how we like it. We also stopped in a few times at Page In the Sun. I couldn’t spot your cousins, but enjoyed some pastries and dropped off the many magazines I brought with me and read during our trip.

With respect to your unit, it truly felt like home. You have all the right amenities to get settled in quickly. My husband was very appreciative of the extended cable channels considering the NCAA college basketball tournaments were in play during our visit. Not all area condos have that – he was very excited.

And you were right, you’ve made several upgrades to the kitchen and bathroom that really make a difference – it’s been completely transformed and the new bathroom tiles look great.

We’re planning another trip for next year to 406.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We have rented Plaza Mar #605 in the past, looking forward to our second visit next month. Great beach, easy part of town, affordable (?) and nicely appointed condo. We will return.

Room Tip: There are various condos available in this building, we rent from the Puerto Vallarta Properties web...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Plazamar? Share your experiences!