“Definitely stay here” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plazamar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Vallarta
Plazamar
You added Plazamar to your Saves list
Lazero Cardenas 155, Puerto Vallarta 48380, Mexico   |
Ranked #37 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Ottawa, Canada
“Definitely stay here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

If you are looking for a condo in PV, look no further. I was here for a week last year (first time in PV) and am now here for two weeks. Last year there were two of us and we stayed in the corner unit on the fifth floor. It was spectacular. The large wraparound terrace was a delight. It is very spacious and affords ocean and mountain views. It was also well equipped with very comfortable outdoor furniture to enjoy breakfast or sunsets.

This year I am here solo, and when I first started thinking about a vacation this was the first destination that came to mind. I am in a one-bedroom at the end so it is very quiet. (It is also low season.) The building is very secure, which I appreciate as a solo female traveller, and ideally located. It is also very clean and well maintained.

I was a bit skeptical booking online for the first time last year but everything exceeded my expectations. I also highly recommend dealing with Jeff Musto. I suspect I will be back next year as well. Thanks Jeff!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor for a better view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kansas City Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have been coming to Puerto Vallarta for over 15 years and this is the 5th place I have stayed at. This is where I will continue staying as it is by far the best in so many ways. Location, location, location, what more can be said. Beachfront with spectacular ocean and city views. The city views are breathtaking because the Old Town of Vallarta is buit up a bowel that cascades into the sea. Many restaurants are all within walking distance as are many bars with all kinds of nightlife. WE stayed in Jeff Musto's unit 306 March 2011 which was very well maintained. I enjoy cooking and every utensil I needed was available. The king size bed was comfortable and there was ample closet space as I am a heavy packer. The room was cleaned very well every other day. There is a large gas grill on the rooftop next to the pool that is available for a small fee. Ah the rooftop pool! The plantings are very well maintained but I must admit that the water was a bit cool but very refreshing if you got too hot while sunbathing. The views from there were wonderful and there was a community fridge which was convienent if you wanted to keep some beer cold. I don't spend all day in the sun like I used to so the covered area was a real treat. I could drag my chaise under the roof and still enjoy the pool and roof top views. There are 2 washers and 2 dryers on this floor which we used mainly for our beach towels and beach shorts and T shirts.

The building is very secure as the front gate is locked at all times. You must ring a bell and then the person at the front desk buzzes you in. There is a computer in the loby that is available for a nominal fee. WE had a laptop so we did not use it but I saw others did. There is a small central courtyard that is well planted and is a nice place to gather if you are going out with others from Plaza Mar for a night of merry making. The entire building is kept very clean which is no small task since most people keep their windows and doors open. Speaking of doors, all units have an iron grill which locks over the front door so you can leave the door open for cross ventilation. WE felt totally secure and are anxious to return to what I feel is the best location in PV. WE were there during the "owners annual meeting" so we got to meet several of them. They all seemed to take pride in the building and in their unit.

This year we are returning in Oct for 3 weeks. Several years ago I went the in Oct and there were spectacular thunder storms in the evening with wonderful lightning effects. I am hoping for a return performance as the views from the balconys would be superb. I have stayed several times at another large complex very very near Plaza Mar and it does not compare in so many little ways. Plaza Mar is a star in the crown of the Romantic Zone.

Robert

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms have ocean views only. Side rooms have ocean views and city views. I prefered th...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Our stay was wonderful – and so very relaxing. The town seemed a bit quiet for the season, but that’s exactly how we like it. We also stopped in a few times at Page In the Sun. I couldn’t spot your cousins, but enjoyed some pastries and dropped off the many magazines I brought with me and read during our trip.

With respect to your unit, it truly felt like home. You have all the right amenities to get settled in quickly. My husband was very appreciative of the extended cable channels considering the NCAA college basketball tournaments were in play during our visit. Not all area condos have that – he was very excited.

And you were right, you’ve made several upgrades to the kitchen and bathroom that really make a difference – it’s been completely transformed and the new bathroom tiles look great.

We’re planning another trip for next year to 406.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We have rented Plaza Mar #605 in the past, looking forward to our second visit next month. Great beach, easy part of town, affordable (?) and nicely appointed condo. We will return.

Room Tip: There are various condos available in this building, we rent from the Puerto Vallarta Properties web...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed here Dec 25 through Jan 08,2011 and loved everything about the place. For that reason we stayed there again May 21 through the 29th, 2011 in condo #404. The place is huge but wasn't as clean as it could have been. My family and I attributed this to being there in low season. Since it was a weekend, it took two days for maintenance and housekeeping to take care of our list of problems but they did.
Then, three days later the termites moved into the master bedroom. I was told by the front desk, "They won't hurt you. They always come out this time of the year. No, you can not sleep in another condo and we don't have blow-up beds or Raid. Put on the air conditioner, open the outside doors so they can leave, and leave the lights on. They don't like that."
None of his ideas worked and my 4y/o grandchild refused to sleep in that room, since they were crawling all over the headboard and mattress. Therefore, four people were forced to sleep in the smaller bedroom on the other side of the condo, next to the hallway. It was so sparce, even the bugs stayed away. A beautiful vacation turned into, we can't wait to leave.
I read that other people moved in 2 days after we left and marvelled "at how clean the condo was". Guess why??

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

It was our first time staying at Plaza Mar and boy what a great location! The unit itself was clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated! It was so nice to go on the website and see a video of it beforehand also. The staff were helpful, pleasant and always had a friendly "hola" everyday for us! Booking was a breeze and we are so glad that we had the chance to stay there! Looking forward to our next visit with the kids, can't wait!!!

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Another incredible stay at our home away from home!!!! After visting Puerto Vallarta repeatly in Jan/Feb/ July/Oct/Nov I can now say that MAY is my favouritest (hoping that is a word) time to vist.

As always Jeff is a delight to deal with (thank you for taking such good care of our friends, they LOVED their condo 402 as did Tony who wants to stay in that condo next year).

Front desk staff and all hotel staff are lovely to interact with, condo was beyond clean as usual and we truly felt like we had returned home. It is funny as we walked by Playa Los Acros the hotel that we used to stay at before friends turned us onto PVkid ......I remarked that I could not imagine staying in another hotel suite or not especially after experiencing true condo living viva la Puerto Vallarta.

OH and the new openly Sea Monkey thar just opened at Vista De Sol is AMAZING!!!!! Cheap good drinks, good service, good food and a mere 2 sec walk from Plaza Mar... Sea Monkey quickly became the new hang out fast.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Plazamar? Share your experiences!