“PV's very best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Plazamar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Vallarta
Plazamar
You added Plazamar to your Saves list
Lazero Cardenas 155, Puerto Vallarta 48380, Mexico   |
Ranked #45 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Kansas City Missouri
“PV's very best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have been coming to Puerto Vallarta for over 15 years and this is the 5th place I have stayed at. This is where I will continue staying as it is by far the best in so many ways. Location, location, location, what more can be said. Beachfront with spectacular ocean and city views. The city views are breathtaking because the Old Town of Vallarta is buit up a bowel that cascades into the sea. Many restaurants are all within walking distance as are many bars with all kinds of nightlife. WE stayed in Jeff Musto's unit 306 March 2011 which was very well maintained. I enjoy cooking and every utensil I needed was available. The king size bed was comfortable and there was ample closet space as I am a heavy packer. The room was cleaned very well every other day. There is a large gas grill on the rooftop next to the pool that is available for a small fee. Ah the rooftop pool! The plantings are very well maintained but I must admit that the water was a bit cool but very refreshing if you got too hot while sunbathing. The views from there were wonderful and there was a community fridge which was convienent if you wanted to keep some beer cold. I don't spend all day in the sun like I used to so the covered area was a real treat. I could drag my chaise under the roof and still enjoy the pool and roof top views. There are 2 washers and 2 dryers on this floor which we used mainly for our beach towels and beach shorts and T shirts.

The building is very secure as the front gate is locked at all times. You must ring a bell and then the person at the front desk buzzes you in. There is a computer in the loby that is available for a nominal fee. WE had a laptop so we did not use it but I saw others did. There is a small central courtyard that is well planted and is a nice place to gather if you are going out with others from Plaza Mar for a night of merry making. The entire building is kept very clean which is no small task since most people keep their windows and doors open. Speaking of doors, all units have an iron grill which locks over the front door so you can leave the door open for cross ventilation. WE felt totally secure and are anxious to return to what I feel is the best location in PV. WE were there during the "owners annual meeting" so we got to meet several of them. They all seemed to take pride in the building and in their unit.

This year we are returning in Oct for 3 weeks. Several years ago I went the in Oct and there were spectacular thunder storms in the evening with wonderful lightning effects. I am hoping for a return performance as the views from the balconys would be superb. I have stayed several times at another large complex very very near Plaza Mar and it does not compare in so many little ways. Plaza Mar is a star in the crown of the Romantic Zone.

Robert

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms have ocean views only. Side rooms have ocean views and city views. I prefered th...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Our stay was wonderful – and so very relaxing. The town seemed a bit quiet for the season, but that’s exactly how we like it. We also stopped in a few times at Page In the Sun. I couldn’t spot your cousins, but enjoyed some pastries and dropped off the many magazines I brought with me and read during our trip.

With respect to your unit, it truly felt like home. You have all the right amenities to get settled in quickly. My husband was very appreciative of the extended cable channels considering the NCAA college basketball tournaments were in play during our visit. Not all area condos have that – he was very excited.

And you were right, you’ve made several upgrades to the kitchen and bathroom that really make a difference – it’s been completely transformed and the new bathroom tiles look great.

We’re planning another trip for next year to 406.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We have rented Plaza Mar #605 in the past, looking forward to our second visit next month. Great beach, easy part of town, affordable (?) and nicely appointed condo. We will return.

Room Tip: There are various condos available in this building, we rent from the Puerto Vallarta Properties web...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We stayed here Dec 25 through Jan 08,2011 and loved everything about the place. For that reason we stayed there again May 21 through the 29th, 2011 in condo #404. The place is huge but wasn't as clean as it could have been. My family and I attributed this to being there in low season. Since it was a weekend, it took two days for maintenance and housekeeping to take care of our list of problems but they did.
Then, three days later the termites moved into the master bedroom. I was told by the front desk, "They won't hurt you. They always come out this time of the year. No, you can not sleep in another condo and we don't have blow-up beds or Raid. Put on the air conditioner, open the outside doors so they can leave, and leave the lights on. They don't like that."
None of his ideas worked and my 4y/o grandchild refused to sleep in that room, since they were crawling all over the headboard and mattress. Therefore, four people were forced to sleep in the smaller bedroom on the other side of the condo, next to the hallway. It was so sparce, even the bugs stayed away. A beautiful vacation turned into, we can't wait to leave.
I read that other people moved in 2 days after we left and marvelled "at how clean the condo was". Guess why??

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

It was our first time staying at Plaza Mar and boy what a great location! The unit itself was clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated! It was so nice to go on the website and see a video of it beforehand also. The staff were helpful, pleasant and always had a friendly "hola" everyday for us! Booking was a breeze and we are so glad that we had the chance to stay there! Looking forward to our next visit with the kids, can't wait!!!

Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

Another incredible stay at our home away from home!!!! After visting Puerto Vallarta repeatly in Jan/Feb/ July/Oct/Nov I can now say that MAY is my favouritest (hoping that is a word) time to vist.

As always Jeff is a delight to deal with (thank you for taking such good care of our friends, they LOVED their condo 402 as did Tony who wants to stay in that condo next year).

Front desk staff and all hotel staff are lovely to interact with, condo was beyond clean as usual and we truly felt like we had returned home. It is funny as we walked by Playa Los Acros the hotel that we used to stay at before friends turned us onto PVkid ......I remarked that I could not imagine staying in another hotel suite or not especially after experiencing true condo living viva la Puerto Vallarta.

OH and the new openly Sea Monkey thar just opened at Vista De Sol is AMAZING!!!!! Cheap good drinks, good service, good food and a mere 2 sec walk from Plaza Mar... Sea Monkey quickly became the new hang out fast.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Our family stayed in Plaza Mar room 505 owned by Jeff Musto. He was prompt in answering questions by Email and once we had made our reservation we received instructions to check in quickly.
A cab from the airport was 475 pesos and on the way back 240 pesos for four. I believe that if we had walked the hundred yards to get off the airport property that the rate would have been 240 pesos for the ride to the condo.
The location was perfect for us right in the middle of things and with only a beach restaurant separating us from the ocean. Restaurants and taco stands were numerous within 5 - 6 blocks. It pays to do a little research about where to eat on Trip Advisor before going out. We enjoyed Cafe Roma for the 30 peso Margaritas and 5 peso beer (off season rate, 15 peso during high season) along with the pizza and pasta and Polos for the great seafood and service. The Malecon starts right out the front door and is a wonderful safe stroll during the day or at night. Several loud nightclubs add excitement to the stroll at night. There is a great grocery store at the far end of the Malecon about a mile from the condo. We went there several times because we enjoyed the morning walk and the fresh baked goods were scrumptulous.
Our maid came twice during the week for which we were told repeatedly that the customary tip should be $28. The service wasn't worth $28 not to mention the tip which was to be left in a special envelope at the front desk. I doubt that the maid really sees all of this.
We had 4 towels for 4 people during the humid season. We had dry towels only on check in and after the 2 maid services--the rest of the time we dried ourselves with wet towels. We always took at least 2 showers a day with the humidity, the heat and swimming in the ocean. The room air conditioner in the master bedroom sounded like a washing maching spinning while running and when it turned off and on sounded like the broad side of a hammer hitting the side of the washing machine. We used the other room air conditioners and got by OK. One stool wouldn't flush, but after telling the front desk staff, this was fixed in just a couple of hours.
The balcony was large and the views of the ocean and the hills were magnificant. The kitchen is well equiped. We enjoyed the small swimming pool on the roof with very nice padded lounge chairs and an even better view of the area.
There were stained glass doors off the master bedroom and a stained glass window off the kitchen which were nice touches.
The beds are box springs with 2 inch foam pads on top. "Real" mattress beds would be a great improvement. These were NOT comfortable. Even though we were told that the king beds could be converted to two twin beds, they could not be separated unless you chose not to use the king sized 2 inch foam and just use the box springs. The sheets smelled musty.
During rainy season the streets are generally always flooded (these serve as the storm drains). We walked through a inch up to literally a foot of water almost all of the time when crossing the streets, so bring sandals that are made to get wet. Each afternoon we got a downpour and sometimes it rained all night and for part of the day. We enjoyed the thunder storms at first but it became a little too much as the week went on. September may not have been the best time to visit. During most of the year I doubt that this is a problem.
Local buses are 6 1/2 pesos and are numerous and an inexpensive way to see the city. Buses north and south of the city are priced only a little higher.
Jeff allowed us to check out late so that we could enjoy our last day before our 5:30PM flight. We were able to clean up before getting on the plane which was very nice with the hot humid weather.
The Oreo flavored smoothies at OXXOs were great!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Plazamar? Share your experiences!