“ya ever eat a stingray taco?” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #383 of 697 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Good food, good drinks, good music at a Puerto Vallarta Mexican Beach Bar.
Kemah, Texas
“ya ever eat a stingray taco?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a really kewl place on the beach ... we stopped in there for a bucket-o-beer and I thought a snack might be good .... after scanning the menu, I decided on the mantaray taco .... since I've never tried it before, I convinced the waiter to fix just "one taco" ... it was really good, ... but really fishy .... cost a mere $20 pesos vs 3 for $65 pesos ... ya gotta bargain and ya gotta try it

This is a great little hang-out sorta place

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Diego
“Like the location. Red Snapper was tasty.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We came here because of a Cupocity coupon deal. Never knew it existed before then. It is right next to the Burro Bar and I forget the name of the restaurant on the other side. The location on the beach is great. This is NOT fancy - just super casual, sitting in the sand, small little place.

Server at first seemed unfamiliar with our coupon, but when he returned all seemed well. We each had a red snapper, whole, fried, with rice and a salad and 2 beers. The fish was excellent! I wished it was a bit bigger. In looking at the regular menu prices, I thought there were a bit steep.

I did not use the banos, as I thought maybe would be so nice - but my DH used them and said they were very nice. Go figure.

Live music/band was there. Didn't feel pressured to buy anything else. Overall pretty good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barrie, Canada
“So so food, inflated prices, questionable cleanliness”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We made the unfortunate choice of stopping at this beach bar for lunch. The fish tacos were the worst we've ever had: no breading, no coleslaw, no anything, just tiny pieces of poor quality steamed fish on a tortillia. I ordered shrimp ceviche, it was nice but the serving size was very tiny, about a cup and I hadn't checked the price on the menu. The price for it on the bill was 3 times as high as the mahi mahi ceviche, clearly a decision to rip off the gringos. Our bucket of beer was twice the price we had agreed upon, the shrimp diablo was tasteless and tough, the shrimp being much much much smaller than anywhere else we'd eaten. All in all a very disappointing meal and one we had to argue about the bill over. The "entertainment" was a pushy woman along with a man who played guitar. They offered table side music, which we declined. She sang anyway and then of course waited for her tip. I've eaten at this restaurant on past trips to PV, never had an issue. This time there were no redeeming qualities, perhaps they're trying to make up for business lost due to declining cruise ships. I know next time I'm in PV, this beach bar won't be one of my stops. PV is a foodie paradise and this place doesn't compare.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Eugene, Oregon
“OMG amazing food. You have got to go there!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This place is a little hole in the wall and it faces the ocean so the floor is the BEACH. Yes sand. It was wonderful. Their seafood soup was the most amazing thing to eat. We have never had anything even close to this in America. We ate there more than once. We feel they had the best food and good prices.

Felipe was the man out front getting people to come in and have lunch or dinner. He always smiled and made us laugh.

Visited January 2013
San Ramon, California
“Great Location, casual ambiance!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My hubby and I enjoyed a light lunch here on our recent vacation! The chips and salsa were awesome and highly recommended. The crab tacos were so so. Service was so so only because the place was packed. Cleanliness was so so as well. The best part of eating here was that this restaurant is on the beach and has an awesome view of the water.

• Visited November 2012