“The perfect place to stay in Puerto Vallarta” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa

You added Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   San Salvador No. 117 | Col. 5 de Diciembre, Puerto Vallarta 48350, Mexico   |
Ranked #14 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“The perfect place to stay in Puerto Vallarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been guests at the Villa Premiere many times. This adults only resort is located just a few blocks north of the malecon right on the Bay of Bandieras. It is any easy walk to shopping and great restaurants.
We always choose a suite which is basically a large room divided into a sleeping area and a living room area. All rooms overlook the Bay.

Upon arrival we are greeted warmly as returning guests. All guests are greeted with a glass of champagne and a private chair massage. Many of the front desk people, bellmen and dining personnel are long time employees and great us by our names.

Breakfast in their oceanfront open air restaurant is always a treat. There are two pools next to the restaurant, so we often enjoy lunch there as well!

Spa services are top notch and reasonable. Don't miss the hot stone massage!

The rooms have beautiful marble floors and are furnished attractively. They are well maintained.

The Villa Premiere will not disappoint! You will enjoy a wonderfully relaxing vacation. And, it is very safe in this area of Puerto Vallarta!

• Stayed November 2012
villa_premiere_hotel, Gerente at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Please allow me thanking you for such a nice comment and for taking the time to share your opinión with other future travelers. We are always committed to providing a quality service and I am delighted that we are fulfilling. I will make sure to spread these coments with all staff and Spa. Thank you again, hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Glendale, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I were there for the holidays in December of 2011 and we will be giong again this year as it is his 60th. I think we will take the all inclusive this time with a suite as last time did not take the all in - and I was so impressed with the food I wished I had. Even still going out at night on the Malecon and having the odd dinner out is still worth the all in extra as I found the food and service was to die for - and we have been all over the world. We had a room with a high view and the sunsets. Not only thhat they would bring me food up to the room at any time of night and it was delicious. I know the portions are a bit small but start out with the soup and then the main and then a desert and a cappucino or wine to go with it. I am not a huge drinker these days but the all in seems to be well worth it even if we only have a few drinks by the pool and a meal in the restaurant and then the mini bar and somethjing in the room I reckon I get my money's worth and the staff are so nice. There is the Buneventura next door- I ate there and had fish and chips which were delicious and I come from Yorkshire England and fussy about our local dish. There are a lot of kids I know but they are catered for at this hotel and us aduls at the Villa. I believe you can still go to the Buenventura as we had a mssage there and the jacuzzi was wonderful and we used this a few times. The spa was good at both hotels but the Beuneve ntura has a delightful ocean view. One tip - there is a hole in the wall place along the street which does massages and pedicures and so forth and it is quite a bargain and a very good massage and well run place. just before the Malecon in walking distance. But get there early as it tends to fill up with all the surrounding hotel guests. All in all I cannot wait to get back to this place as know I will have a great time and it is centrally located and a cab ride is not much - but i mostly walked about the place - but another tip - wear good shoes for walking on the streets as they are old and cobbled but a lot of fun. A restaurant again I highly recommend is one on the Malecon at the end and a bistro and fantastic food Italian Vitea Oceanfront bistro it is called. A nother good one is by the Cjuale River with shrimps to die for. That is just a tip going out of the hotel when we want a bit of a change. Right now am waiting for my husband's passport renewal in the mail so I can book for the December vacation.

Room Tip: the high up rooms are good for the view but I want a suite next time
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We are proud to have a very good team on the food and beverages área, specially our head chef who takes care of every detail in order to make every guest satisfied. Also that you pointed the benefit of our sister resort Buenaventura, we want to give you a wide variety in facilities, food & comfort in both properties. We are looking forward to host you again on december and will be our pleasure to celebrate your husband ‘s 60th birthday!
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed at the Villa Premiere in April 2013 for our Anniversary trip. Hotel and beach were amazing and the location was the absolute best. Walk up the beach to the Malecon in just a few minutes. We did the all inclusive, which was brilliant and had amazing food (reviewers who keep saying the portions are too small, you are all inclusive, order another dish, try the soup then the salad then the main...) The portions are small but they are to die for. Service at the front desk and maid service was excellent, the only complaint I would have is that around the pool I think the service could have been better. The paying guests were looked after quickly, the all inclusives it seemed were left with an empty glass for much longer. Breakfast outside on the beach was the highlite of our days. Would definitely return, but probably not on the all inclusive.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view, be aware that if you are next to a smoking patio the smoke and smell will...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Please allow me to start by thanking you for taking the time to share with us your impressions regarding your stay, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and we will be looking forward to seeing you here every anniversary.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at the Villa Premier last week for a few days for our 20th anniversary.
We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite and decided to do the European plan so we could have the opportunity to try all the great restaurants.
Pros:
The welcome drink and massage is a great welcome upon arriving.
The Pillow menu and aromatherapy was a nice touch in our suite
Hotel has a great location, within walking distance of the Malecon and many restaurants.
The Honeymoon suite is great, the Jacuzzi in the balcony is absolutely relaxing, although be forewarned- everyone can see you from the other higher floors.
The staff was cordial and always accommodating when we needed them.
Drinks at the pool bar were delicious
Adults only atmosphere is relaxing

Cons:
Housekeeping service could have been better. They missed housekeeping twice and turn down on 2 other days while we were there. Turndown is no big deal but for what you are paying, daily housekeeping is expected.
We received the Time Share/Vacation Club offer when we were checking it, which after a 5 hour trip was a bit overwhelming. Once we said no thank you, we really did not hear from the concierge again.
Beach is loud- especially where the beach beds are as vendors keep on constantly trying to sell you something, it’s not the hotel’s fault but it loses the quiet atmosphere.
Although the drinks were delicious, the Pool Bar service was not what I was hoping for. We only had them come by once. In the 4 days we were there, we had to go and order drinks ourselves.
Another thing I will mention, if you are going for a special anniversary or honeymoon they are not like other 4-5 star hotels where you may get special attention by concierge or the staff as a congratulations token. We did notice one couple surprised by that (they were on their honeymoon) and although we are a very private couple and didn’t mind (even though concierge knew), I think it is worth mentioning for those used to those services and special attention given in other resorts.

Overall, it was a nice hotel to stay and with some improvements we would consider staying again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for expressing your opinion about your stay with us at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa. I have brought to the attention of our Food & Beverage Manager your comments regarding the service at the pool and we will make sure all our staff has the proper training to assure they are given the best service to our valuable guests. I am really sorry not to have realized about your anniversary celebration, I will personally take corrective actions to avoid that happen again. It will be our pleasure to have you as a guest again on a near future.
Pueblo, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed at Villa Premiere 7/10-7/15/13 for our annual summer beach get away. Can't say enough great things about the staff, especially Isidro. Great place to stay if you want a quiet place to relax to get away from partying teens and rambunctious children. We stayed in the Honeymoon suite, the room was spectacular with great views. We also had the all inclusive package, which was well worth the fee. No entertainment at night, if you looking to dance or a fiesta, you'll need to leave the Hotel. Food was only available at 2 Restaurants, however, food was great at both. They give you a flyer each day with a themed dinner, we made reservations on two occasions, when we went down to dinner we discovered each time it had been cancelled. We also tried to book the dinner out by the ocean, for which you have to pay an extra fee, were told if it rained we would be dining in the Restaurant. Who wants to pay extra to eat in the Restaurant which is included anyway with the all inclusive package. We went to the hotel next door once for the buffet and never went back, basically, it's overcrowded with partying locals and we felt out of place. The vendors are relentless, but if you wave them away, they back off. The only complaint I have is the Hotel is located on a public beach and there are a lot of non hotel guests traveling through the property and invading the beach. Overall, our stay was very enjoyable and we will consider returning to Villa Premiere.

Room Tip: Select a room 3rd floor and above so view is not obstructed.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your kind comments about the pleasant stay that you had. It is very important for us to know our guests enjoy the time they spent with us. Unfortunately it’s raining season but we always try to have variety of food in our restaurants offering you a warm and friendly service.
By Government regulations all the beaches in Mexico are public but we will reinforce the security on this area to avoid our guests be annoyed. We will be very glad if you consider visiting us again at your home away from home Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Rooms are clean , the service can't be any better every body is so friendly and ready to assist you in every need , Adal makes the best drinks at the pool bar ,Veronica is an awesome maid , Isidro is always ready to help you and give you advice where to go and eat I really recommend this place , oh don't forget to get a massage I recommend Nina !

• Stayed July 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us, I’m very happy to hear that you had a great stay and really enjoyed your vacation.
I will be happy to share your comments with the rest of the staff, especially with Adal, Isidro & Veronica that help you to have such a relaxing time here with us.
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

WE FELT WE WERE MISLEAD BY THE GOOD REVIEWS!
The hotel is very basic... meaning one should not expect it to offer more than a standard 150$/night U.S hotel. The building is old and not maintained well. Our shower head was so DATED, the PIPES were SCREECHING as the water were coming out, spraying everywhere. The SHEETS WERE LIKE SANDPAPER, very unpleasant to the skin. The balcony just didn't feel safe as the floor was shaking, not sure if it shook b/c of the wind or some machinery, but looking at the cracks on the concrete of the other balconies, we didn't take the chance and stayed away. The a/c is LOUD! and if you turn it off, there is a constant monotonous noise coming from other a/cs.
And all this is a review of an upgraded room! we had to upgrade b/c ALL THE ROOMs ON THE 4TH AND 5TH FLOOR HAVE A TERRIBLE VIEW OF AN OLD AND UGLY ROOF OF THE 3RD FLOOR SPA (you can see this roof looking at any pic of the hotel front).

After all this, is it worth mentioning the good stuff?
just to be fair I will say that the pros of this place is that it is relatively a small hotel, adults only, and the service was good, no complaints. Food was not too bad either, many options for healthier and veggie dishes.
All in all I would not recommend.

Room Tip: not on the 4th and 5th floors "deluxe rooms"
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
We appreciate your comments. I am very sorry to hear that your time here was not as pleasant as we hoped it to be. Please know that Villa Premiere takes highly in to consideration all of our guest comments, always working on pampering and making our guests feel at home. Please rest sure we will work in some improvements that are necessary to be done in order to give you the best service and facilities every time.