“The Special Setting and Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   San Salvador No. 117 | Col. 5 de Diciembre, Puerto Vallarta 48350, Mexico   |
Ranked #13 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Mpls,Mn USA
“The Special Setting and Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I are seasoned travelers to Mexico. We have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts and this one is a gem! It is small but sure packs in the amenities. The food is fantastic and I had read that the service in the restaurants was slow, but we did not find that to be true at all. We were unable to come close to trying everything in our 10 days. Kudos to the chef! (We did go over to the Buenaventura, the sister hotel next door, to gorge on the fruit on their buffet a couple of times).
The staff in all areas, especially the servers and concierge, were excellent and always served us with a smile. They all did very well with English as well. The live music at night was top notch.
We asked that our room be cleaned around 10am each day and they were there without fail for all 10 days. The sheets were new and crisp. They also did a turn down service each evening!
After a long walk on the malecon (the beautiful boardwalk just minutes from the resort) each morning, we spent almost all of our time reading in a beach bed, pure heaven. The pool is great, although often we were the only ones swimming. We also took advantage of a spa special and had a wonderful 80mn aromatherapy massage 1/2 price!
It IS a quiet resort and especially suited for couples. I don't think there is a bad room in the house and we had no trouble with water pressure or air conditioning. Everything was clean, clean, clean.
We previously had a preference for the east coast of Mexico, as we thought it was prettier and safer. This area of Puerto Vallarta is gorgeous including the weather, water, shopping and especially the people and we never felt any anxiety about our safety. The setting of this resort gives you the best of both worlds, quiet beach and charming city.
I only have one complaint, my husband and I prefer Canadian whiskey and there was none available for the duration. The Dirty Monkeys and Cosmos almost made up for that!!
I would like to thank each and every staff member for going the extra mile to make this the best trip yet!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity of being your host during your holidays and make it a memorable one and experience a true vacation in paradise. Your live experience with us, is the greatest motivation to all of our staff and all of them always are inspiring us to continuing with our mission… always exceed your expectations and put special attention in all the details for your total comfort. Once again thank you for taking the time of sharing your travel experience in this forum. Hopefully we will have the honor of hosting you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Surrey, BC, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love this place. Throughout my career, I have been fortunate enough to have been to many group meetings at exotic locations, mostly throughout Mexico and the Caribbean. We usually have a group of around 50 people and over the past few years, I have organized these events myself.

I can't say enough about the Villa Premiere. The staff make it easy to organize group events with impeccable food, service and attention to detail. Our group loved the intimate setting, raved about the food and the service was outstanding. If you are considering a group event at a cool place (10 min walk to old town P.V.) or just a nice get away with gourmet food and an excellent view, youy really need to check this place out.

Room Tip: Lower rooms have better WiFi. However, when we notified them of a weak signal, they immediately inst...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for such a nice review, and also for giving us the opportunity to be your host during your event in Puerto Vallarta, we certainly have a great team, including our Executive chef and his amazing team that always have a wonderful service attitude and present their creativity and talent to offer high quality products in all the restaurants and food services of the property. Hopefully next year we will have the honor to have your group and give you an excellent service.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here for the first time on our 4th trip to Puerto Vallarta. This resort is wonderful. All the rooms face the ocean and I loved sitting on my patio in the morning listening to the waves. We saw 2 dolphins one morning!
The staff is fantastic; everyone is friendly and so professional. We especially loved the pool bar staff as they kept tasty cold beverages coming our way all day.
I'd suggest you wake up early and snag a beach bed. We had to get up at 7:30 to get one of these! They are in high demand and totally worth it. All you have to do is throw a t-shirt or some magazines on the bed to "reserve". But generally the pool chairs are plentiful.
Location is great; just a short walk through town to the main boardwalk and in a neighborhood close to convenience stores and taco trucks.
For the price and experience, we will absolutely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I wish to extend warm greetings from Villa Premiere and thank you very much for expressing your opinion about your stay with us; it is always a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the guest’s service provided by our great staff. You are always cordially invited to visit us at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa and giving us the opportunity to host you once again with personalized service, in a near future.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My new husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon, and it was perfect! We fell asleep and woke up to the waves crashing. We had nightly baths in our patio jacuzzi. It was small but wonderful - the staff really got to know you and catered to your every whim. BEST customer service. Loved the covered beds on the beach and swim up bar. The management honestly thought of everything - welcome champagne toast and massage, complimentary sunscreen and reading materials and towels, bath oils, pillow chocolate kisses and turn done service, hammocks, etc. Super friendly staff, yummy food, great ambiance, romantic room, small and intimate hotel, couldn't have dreamed of a better place. We will definitely be back. My only complaint - they should just skip their gift store/boutique - there is nothing in it!

Room Tip: They all face the ocean and all have patios. Probably not a bad room. We stayed in the honeymoon s...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We appreciate very much your high opinion of our premises and the service you always receive from our staff. We are in a process to remodeling in our Boutique but soon it will change the concept to better Spa articles. It was our pleasure to have you here and would love to host you again on your next trip.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Overall, I was very excited to go down to PV. I have been there over 8 times and haven't been back in years. I wanted to go to an all adult resort that was not so large and focused more on service and their experience. Villa Premiere (VP) seemed online to have all of that. I booked my vacation via USAirways Vacations for a special birthday occasion. I wanted to make this an exciting trip for a special someone so I booked the nicest room VP had, the Master Suite. I paid extra for this, but felt it was worth it. We arrived in PV from AZ (two hour nonstop flight w/o incident) and checked into VP. I read all the reviews on Trip Advisor and was so excited. We were greeted with champagne and a 5 min back massage. Then, Fernando, Front Desk Manager asked us to come to his office. I was expected to hear about the resort, welcome and enjoy yourself. I was very surprised to hear that the room that I booked, that I paid extra money for this special occasion was not available. Basically, it was overbooked. I was really disappointed b/c a hotel, especially one online at this caliper would make sure rooms were available, especially the nicest one for guests. He said for the 2nd half of your trip, you can have the room and he would offer to massages at the Spa for the troubles. We really didn't have a choice, even though we were very disappointed. He tried to sell us on the downgraded Spa hotel room, but I recalled that the honeymoon room was much nicer and asked to see that room as well. Of course, that was the case. The Spa room had a tiny balcony and the Honeymoon had a much larger one, so we took that. The 2nd part of the trip, we moved all of our bags into the Master Suite. This room was amazing. The balcony was so large and had an amazing view. The size of the room was probably over 1500 sq ft. It was nice to stay in the room and wish the entire trip was there. We didn't even unpack our bags b/c we had to move in a few days to this room.

Besides this incident, overall here is my summary:
-Food was excellent as well as presentation. I have stayed all around the world from Spain, Greece, Dominican Republic, all over Mexico, Turks and Caicos, St John and more. Some were all inclusive and some were not. This resort by far had the best food. The drinks were good as well. The outside bartenders and servers really need to step up their game and service around the pool and on the beach. There was no beach service at all and many times the servers were just standing around. Once you ask for something, they did bring it. But, why do you have to? Just give good service.
-The beach cabanas go filled up with "save towels on the chairs" by early morning. It is kind of a disappointed and selfishness that many guests put these towels on the small amount of cabanas and never used them all day. The resort should definitely monitor those and many give them to guests that have a suite or master suite so they don't have to fight for one everyday.
-The restaurants in the resort were all excellent as well as service.

When I was checking out I wanted to make sure that I got some documentation that I was downgraded from the Master Suite to a lower suite for compensation refund to my credit card. I was leaving and needed to get to the airport and it took almost an hour for them to write up a small letter stating I had to change rooms. They put their legal wording stating a massage would be sufficient for the downgrade and would not hold them responsible. I was not happy they couldn't just state they gave me a massage for the inconvenience and we apologize.

Needless to say I am filing a compliant with US Airways Vacations.

Overall, I would say it was a nice resort. Housekeeping would be a little bit better (didn't clean off counters as well as removing trash from the trashcan, refilling coffee packages even though they say that I used some).

If I could take the beaches of Playa Del Carmen and transport it to PV with the Master Suite, that would be ideal.

Room Tip: make sure you get the room you book.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We really appreciate the time taken to express your opinion and observations, please be assured that your comments and feedback are certainly being taken into consideration and acted upon in order for us to improve our facilities and services.

I deeply regret the inconveniences found during your stay, please make sure we are taking corrective actions to avoid those kinds of incidents happen again. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you again and serve you as you deserve.
Verona, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our 9th straight year back at Villa Premiere and we stayed 2weeks this year. It's great to go to a place that is like home. Javier at the pool takes very good care of us. He really knows his guests and teaches the new staff what we like. Faustino,Carlos, Adal, Socimo,Fidel, Fernando, Lisandro and other bell men are great. Ara, the concierge is very helpful as well. These folks are why we return. Look for these people they are awesome. We have stayed in the master suite the past 2 years and have stayed in all the rooms. All rooms have a great view but the master suite allows your to see up and down the beach. The new bar La Corona was a nice addition and the food was even better this year. They definitely go out of their way to please you it was such a wonderful vacation. It's disappointing to see the timeshare pitch going on in the lobby and it being talked About at the pool. This is disappointing to see. I hope they don't make the change I would hate to think about not being able to stay here in the future. We are booked for next year if all goes well. This is a great adult only boutique hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello Roxane & Monte!
I have not words enough to thank you for keep coming back; certainly we are making so many new things for our more loyal repetitive customers like you. Our staff is our greatest pride because we recognize that without them the service that you receive won’t be the same. Once again thank you for sharing your memories and experiences, we look forward to your next visit to exceed your expectations and pamper you as you deserve.
St. Albert, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, once again our expectations were not only met but exceeded !!!!.
We have been going to PV for years it is the best Hotel in Puerto Vallarta, the hotel is beautiful it is very clean the rooms all have a great ocean view and the food is outstanding, saying all that is easy, what makes this hotel stand above anywhere else that we have stayed is the Staff, they are the hotels biggest asset, everyone is so helpful and freindly they really make you feel at home nothing is to much trouble and they made us feel like family, Arturo (AKA James Bond) makes sure his team are happy he is a great role model and team leader, Fiedel the Bartender needs to have a mention he will make you anything your heart desires, Gabrielle is a wonderful hostess her smile made my day everytime we came into contact with her Manuel who takes care your dining is wonderful too there are to many staff to name them all but for myself and my husband we will never stay anywhere else, thank you so much for making our vacation wonderful we will be back for sure !!!

Gillian and Clifford
Room 2505 March 31-April 06 2013

Room Tip: All rooms are wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I just want to thank you for the wonderful review that you dedicated to Villa Premiere; it is always a pleasure to know that we have exceeded our guest’s expectations on regards of the service provided by our dedicated staff. We’ll always be willing to welcome and pamper you, thank you again for being chosen as your home away home, All the best!!

Been to Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!