“It might have been a dream.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   San Salvador No. 117 | Col. 5 de Diciembre, Puerto Vallarta 48350, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 121 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Seattle, Washington
“It might have been a dream.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We spent 8 relaxing days at Villa Premiere and really got to know the staff and hotel. The staff was super friendly and responsive. Most everyone spoke english well. We stayed in a "Spa Suite" that was very roomy and had a nice balcony. The design and layout of the room was very pleasant and we enjoyed the updated TV's, Stereos (I-Pod Friendly) and fridge/coffee maker. The breakfast each day (inlcuded) was excellent. We had a different dish each day and enjoyed the variety as opposed to just a buffett. The location on the North end of town was convienient to buses a few streets away and quiet. Speaking of quiet, we also appreciate the no children (under 18) policy of the hotel. Sitting by the pool was a pleasure and a serene experience unlike every other hotel on the beach we walked past. We will go back and highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: choose a room on the north side of the hotel. If you are too far South, you will hear alot of the n...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
It was not a dream! You were here at Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa – where our goal is to meet every one of your needs and provide a superior vacation experience. I agree that our 3 a-la-carte restaurants really set us apart from other all-inclusive resorts. Our chef works hard to use local ingredients to make unique and delicious dishes at Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and for all snacks inbetween. I´m glad to hear that you enjoyed quiet R & R at the hotel – we often joke that the most rigorous activity we have is reading a book by the pool! Thank-you for your review and for kindly recommending us to others. Enjoy 2013 and we hope to see you back here soon for your next ´dream´ vacation.

1,166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in mid-November, 2012 to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We stayed in a Honeymoon Suite Oceanfront with the All Inclusive package. It was my first time to Puerto Vallerta and my wife's second. Overall, we had a wonderful time and I would definitely go back to Puerto Vallerta. I'm not sure I would go back to the Villa Premiere. But not because it's a bad place, it's just maybe not the right place for us.

Things I liked about Villa Premiere:
Fantastic food
Friendly staff
Very helpful concierge services
Nice room
Nice beach area and picture perfect sunsets
Adequate pool
Adults only
Location relative to the Malecon and downtown

Things that I didn't like as much:
Slow staff - response to room repairs, drink service
Older crowd - a lot of retirees, at least when we were there.
No beach activities - No volleyball net, no sailboards, etc.
Restaurant options - 1 of the 3 dinner options was closed for repairs the whole time

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, but I think we would have preferred more entertainment options for an all inclusive. But if you're looking for relaxation by the pool/beach, great food, easy access to downtown, and a clean, well appointed hotel then the Villa Premiere is a great choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
It was a pleasure to have you and your wife here with us in November and thank-you for choosing Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa for your anniversary celebration. I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful time. Thank-you for identifying so many of our positive attributes including our unique amenities, warm staff, delicious restaurants, convenient location and adult-only guest policy. We do our best every day to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience.

Please accept my sincere apology for the slow response time to your dining and room repair requests. It is our priority to provide superior customer service so I am sorry that we were not succesful in this aspect. We will continue to polish our skills to ensure that we are more efficient in our turn around times.

I appreciate you recognizing that our other qualities – adult guests only and our low-key pool environment – are great qualities, but simply ones that you and your wife are not looking for when you are on vacation. Part of our recipe for a tranquil vacation experience for our guests includes these two factors. Our sister hotel Buenaventura provides more energy pool-side and a more youthful environment, and the Malecon just down the street also has activities for every interest.

I am sorry to hear that we will not have the chance to host you again in our hotel, but I hope that you will continue to come to visit our little paradise – Puerto Vallarta. Happy New Year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Well, my husband and I spent another glorious 7 days at the Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa in early December and as usual, the service, the food and overall experience was wonderful. We cannot say enough great things about the 3 people who served us during our stay, Eduardo (congratulations on your graduation), Adan and Armando, thank you for spoiling us. Sarah at the Concierge was great to talk to and it was a lovely surprise to find out that she actually lived in the same city in Canada as we do. Small world.

While I gave the review a 5 because I feel they truly deserve it, there are just a couple of things I would like to mention. My husband and I didn't really enjoy the "themed" dinners as we felt that the staff were a little disorganized and because everyone had to eat in the same restaurant, we felt a little rushed. However, the food was still phenomenal. The other area that I would like to point out is that although there was a safe in the room, the safe was not bolted to the cabinet so anybody can easily walk away with the safe especially since the safe was small and light enough for anyone to carry. This is something that can be easily remedied and which would give the guests that extra sense of security.

Other than that, great place to spend a vacation, We will definitely return for a 3rd or more visits.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you, for giving us the opportunity to host you once again. We are really proud of every member of the staff, their professoinalism makes a difference in the quality of service in Villa Premiere. We are definitely fortunate to have Eduardo, Adan, Armado & Sarah with us.

Thank you also for letting us know your comments about the dinner at our restaurants, our intention with the evening theme is only giving a little variety of the regular restaurants. We will make the proper arrangements to ensure the safety deposit boxes are secured. See you next time!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was our second time at Villa Premiere, we love the location the rooms and the service. We were a bit disappointed that our housekeeper didn't make us "towel animals" but the room was cleaned well. The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful and the short walk to the malecon makes it a perfect spot. We don't do the all inclusive because there are so many excellent places to eat.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a premiere suite, it's not worth it. All of the rooms are great. The t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff I would like to express to you our sincere gratitude for choosing Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa during your visit to our beautiful paradise, Puerto Vallarta. Thank-you very much for your review and comments about the hotel, our services and our staff. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and also made the most of all of the gourmet restaurants in town. I am sorry that you missed out on your towel animals – they are certainly unique aren´t they? We love our repeat guests and hope to have you back for a third time very soon. Until then, happy holidays!
Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Let me begin this review by addressing an issue that Villa Premiere may or may not be aware of...There are timeshare "sharks" at the airport representing themselves as being the hotel and hotel transfer representatives. When I arrived (for the third time) in P. V .I walked as always from the customs area into the "shark tank of white shirted timeshare representatives". Before I could continue walking on, one of the timeshare sharks approached me identifying himself as "best tours"/"Villa Premiere Hotel". I knew this could not be true, as the "best tours" were located outside the "shark tank". So beware of this scam fellow travelers to Villa Premiere. Do as I did and Walk straight out of the airport to where your representative for your transfers and hotels are waiting for you. DO NOT STOP IN THE SHARK TANK AREA OF WHITE SHIRTED SHARKS. Do not even look at them or acknowledge their presence in anyway. Now on to my observations concerning Villa Premiere Hotel and spa:
1. The adjacent hotel is also part of Villa premiere, but it is for families. However, you may use this hotel's facilities, and even eat there. The restaurants are buffet here.
2. Friendly staff
3. Several English language channels on television...even some football games were broadcast in English
4. Food above average for an A I
5. Excellent dollar value
6. Very close to Malecon (approx. 1 mile)
7. Coconut ice crème
8. Dolphins were seen everyday morning and evening. One Pod had 50 in it.
9. Room robe and slippers are provided.
10. Dogs are running around on beach. Beware if you have an aversion to dogs, or dog poo
11. Saddled horses on beach. Again watch for poo
12. Kids on beach. Mexico's beaches are public, so there are many families and many children on the beach in front of Villa Premiere. The beach is very narrow so the edge of the resort and the beginning of the ocean is approximately 30 to 40 yards.. You will hear the children all the time enjoying the beach even though the actual hotel is adult only. Don't come hear expecting total quiet from children's voices.
13. Vendors on the beach all the time, and they like to take their break and rests on the pier in front of Villa Premiere. This is a long pier that runs from the edge of the restaurant out over the ocean. Kids and lovers also like to use this pier, so if you book the "romantic dinner" on the pier offered at the hotel like I did , you may have unexpected people within inches of your table for two. This happened to me and even though security can "politely ask" the people to move, they cannot force them to move because the pier is part of the beach, and consequently "public". It is a little scary after dark when your dinner is interrupted by uninvited quests as my fiancé and I experienced. Security had to look over our shoulders and at $130 US I was not very happy about the situation.
14. Vendors are not overly aggressive, but since they hawk their wares constantly up and down the beach and "rest" on the pier, if you are having breakfast or lunch at the restaurant by the pier, they constantly try to gain your attention to buy something coming right up to the edge of the restaurant.
15. Adjacent hotel is for families so be prepared to hear the screams and shouts of unsupervised children playing at all times of the day or night when you are enjoying romantic time at the Villa Premiere pool or when having dinner at the Villa Premiere restaurant beside the adjacent hotel.
16. Be prepared to wait for your room to be ready to check in, if you arrive around 2:00 p.m. This must be the norm as I saw it occur many times during my stay here of 7 days.
17. Be prepared to wait for your room to be serviced, even though you place your "service now" card out at 9:00 a.m. Sometimes the room is not serviced until after 3:00 p. m,, and this is even after leaving a $$ tip everyday. Money here does not speak I guess. Sometimes you have to call the front desk twice in one day to get the room serviced. Sometimes you have to request two days in a row to have the mini fridge restocked.
18. You might want to check the on/off switch on your room remote when you arrive. Mine did not work, and even though I reported it, the issue was never resolved.
19. Downtown Malecon shopping not of same quality as I enjoyed 7 years ago.
20. The resort kitchen services all 3 resort restaurants, so at times restaurant service is slow
21. Lots of repairs seemed to be occurring during my stay such as roof repair and painting in pool area and locks in rooms being repaired. The lock for our room was one of the ones that was being repaired and we were interrupted in our room by workers coming into our room to do this repair.
22. There seems to be no coordination of "spa massage on the pier" and "romantic dinner on the pier" reservations. I booked a 5:00 p.m. massage on the pier two days prior to the appointment, only to be told when I showed up for the appointment that someone had booked the "romantic dinner on the pier" also, but they had booked after I booked. I had to go to the concierge to get the matter resolved.
23. There is limited sun at the pool until around noon due to the angle of the hotel
24. Car fare is $5 US one way for one person for a 1 mile ride to the Malecon
25. Minimal items available for sale in the small gift shop
26. Take a big plastic cup for soft drinks at the pool bar
27. Toilet paper is beyond rough and scratchy. Ladies take a roll from home
28. Select a room higher than 4th floor for best ocean view
29. Balconies are very very close to each other. So close that it feels like the people in rooms on each side of your room are with you on the balcony. No privacy when both room occupants decide to sit on balcony at same time you are on your balcony.
30. For those who do not like cigarette or cigar smoke the smell of smoke when couples are sitting on balconies can be overpowering

Room Tip: Select a room above 4th floor for best view of ocean
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate you taking the time to give such thorough feedback on your experience here in Puerto Vallarta and at our hotel in particular. I am glad that you enjoyed many of our services and amenities such as our staff, our gourmet food, our proxmity to the Malecon and the various other ítems you outlined at the start of your review. We are always pleased to be able to stand out in these regards in the minds of our guests.

I would like to re-iterate what you mention above that Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa does not have any representatives at the airport at all. We are not a time share hotel and do not have any time share representatives on staff. I am sorry that you came into contact with these people claiming to be from our hotel when in fact, they are not.

Since our priority is to provide you with first class service, please accept our deepest apologies for the various inconveniences you experience during your stay with us. Thank-you for bringing them to our attention. Please be assured that we take all customer feedback seriously and use it to continually improve our hotel installations and the service that we provide to our guests.

I hope that you will give us another chance to pamper you on your next vacation to Puerto Vallarta, and until then please enjoy the holiday season.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Great place for a nice relaxing stay, right by the beach. Small hotel, very cozy, not a party style, mostly older couples, just 3 restaurants, definitely recommend getting all inclusive. Otherwise prices are standard, $4-$6 for beer, $8-$10 for a cocktail, $10-$14 entrees. Beware - no alcohol service after 10pm, sometimes bar stays open till 11 though, cant buy alcohol anywhere else in PV after 10 either besides clubs/bars outside the hotel that stay open pretty late, some till 4am. Be ready for a slow service, 30-40 min wait time, but thats part of the culture and also part of fine dining.

Loved tours the hotel has to offer but they are pricy ($100 per person average) but worth it, maybe try walking up the street and asking street agencies for better prices. There are ppl at the airport who offer almost free tours but they are trying to make you purchase timeshare for that, dont fall for it.

Doplhin encounter tour pics are insanely expensive- $139 for a CD for two. Either group with other ppl and pretend u r together to be able to split the CD cost later ($200 for 4 ppl for example) or do it separately, so one person can take video and pics of another one up where ppl are watching encounter happening.

Canopy river ziplining (includes mule riding) tour allows weight limit to be broken for example, they say no cameras but if your pocket zips up, take it, CD w pics there is $40.

Marietas is the cheapest tour ($65 per person) and includes plenty of swimming activities like snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding and most importanly swimming to the cave lake (u have to swim there wearinga life jacket, about 70meters swim). Gotta buy an underwater camera for it, that place is gorgeous, google the pics before going there). Photographer doesnt swim there w u:/ However if for some reason u wanna purchase pics (if nobody can take pics of u during swimming activities), CD is only $30.

Sea Safari is petty cool tour, includes riding a motor speed boat to a wild beach, snorkeling, riding horses to the water fall, having dinner and drinks at the wild beach and motoboat back.

Tours last 6 hours on average.

Enjoy:)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
It sounds like you were very busy experiencing all that Vallarta has to offer which, as you mention in your review, is a lot! There is so much to see and do here and there is certainly something for everyone. Thank-you for your kind words about the hotel and for highlighting some of our points of difference from other hotels – a tranquil, relaxing, adult environment closet to town with fantastic dining experiences. Thanks for pointing out that Vallarta – being a typical Mexican town – has laws which only allow the hotel (and most convenience stores) to sell alcohol until 10pm or 11pm at the latest. We are glad that you had a nice vacation here with us and look forward to hosting you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

If you want a quiet oceanfront room only a 10 minute walk from all the action of the Malecon- and in our case, from the areas of partying and parades for the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe!- then Villa Premiere is for you. It is a thirty year old small (so not much in the way of gardens) but very well maintained property. Its guests may also use the facilities and restaurants of its sister hotel next store: the Buenaventura Hotel.

We booked all-inclusive although we planned to try a few recommended restaurants while wandering in town but the food (both International and Mexican) was so good that we never did eat out except on our day trip to Sayulita. We did however walk a lot to the Centro hoping to work off some of the calories while taking in the local colour! (Try to do the Art Walk on Wednesday evenings) One of the main reasons that we booked this hotel was that there are no buffets. The only negatives in the restaurants were the often slow service (but who's in a rush!), the not-so-frio vino blanco and the not-Alberta-beef steaks. Many of the flavours and sauces in the beautifully presented Mexican food were new to us - huitlacoche, squash blossom and tamarind- and never the same salsa twice!

The beach lounges are plentiful but we never had trouble getting one of the five beds because the resort was not crowded and also probably because most guests tire of being hassled by the vendors and stay by the pool. No, you can't get away from them although the security staff were always present monitoring the well-being of the guests. We booked a private 3 hour boat tour (in a fishing boat) in the bay through the tour vendor on the beach. He even accompanied us as the guide. Because the water depth drops off only feet from the beach, we waded out and climbed onto the boat right in front of the hotel avoiding going to the Marina for one of the larger bay cruises. We saw a lot of the coastline, many beautiful small beaches, fed the reef fish at Los Arcos (could have snorkelled) and watched dolphins swim beside the boat. It is not necessary but a good idea to bring reef shoes as it can be rocky getting in and out of the water. You can walk quite a distance on Camarones beach: it is sandy going south to the Malecon and rocky going north. Just south on the beach is Mango's Beach Club where you can try parasailing, banana boats and jet-skis.

The pools are not of the great meandering type one sees at many Mexican resorts. The main pool is rectangular with lounges setup all around it and the small pool next to it is really just an excuse for a swim up-bar. The waiters are very attentive at the pool and on the beach delivering both drinks and snacks from the bar menu.

Our premium room had a sofa and chair, a kitchen bar and a Jacuzzi tub. It was kept very clean by thoughtful Yanelly. The glass of bubbly and the complimentary back and neck massage on arrival are nice touches. We cannot comment on the spa as we did not use it other than to say that it appears to have a full array of services including beach massages. The concierges also do a great job. Sarah, from Vancouver, seemed happy to talk to us, liaised with our travel agent for our airport transfer and even took the time to show us the other room types available should we visit this PV gem again.

Room Tip: Views are better on higher floors but premium rooms on the 2nd floor are larger with sofa.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
It was a pleasure to have you here as our guest and thank-you very much for taking the time to post a summary of your vacation and about your experiences here at our hotel. I am so glad that you pointed out the benefit that Villa Premiere guests have of being able to walk next door to our sister hotel Buenaventure if they want a little more action around the pool or if they want more variety in their dining experiences. Speaking of dinner – I am happy to hear that you were adventurous and tried our dishes made with various local ingredients like huitlacoche. Our chef takes pride in preparing recipes with lots of local flavours and as you say – he certainly likes to mix it up so that you never get bored in the restaurants. Thanks for the pointer on the wine temperature – that will be a priority in our next service meeting with the restaurant staff.

I am glad that you enjoyed your room and that you had positive experiences with all of our staff. It is our goal to ensure that each and every guest has a personalized vacation and I am pleased that we succeeded. I hope that you have the opportunity to return to our ´gem´ for another visit soon so that we can continue to pamper you and give you the vacation that you very much deserve!

Been to Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!