“Good Choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   San Salvador No. 117 | Col. 5 de Diciembre, Puerto Vallarta 48350, Mexico   |
Ranked #12 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Sedona, Arizona
“Good Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had booked this hotel based on other reviews on here that were very helpfull. I am late in writing this review as we were there November 1st-6th, when they were just finishing with the construction. I have to say we did have a great time as the rooms were very nice and comfortable, loved the pillow and scent menu and the location is great. It is very nice since it is not this HUGE hotel, this was the the first vacation where I was not worried about waking up ASAP to get lounge chairs by the pool or beach.

The pool is nice and have some nice cabanas right on the beach.
The food was AMAZING!!! as was the service.

The spa is nice but the treatment room we had butted up against the next hotel and could hear the people playing volleyball, so not too relaxing.

Otherwise compared to the other resorts I looked at I would for sure reccomend and stay again!

Room Tip: The spa suites are amazing
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
How wonderful that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa! We are proud to be a boutique hotel, and with only 83 rooms we pride ourselves on the personlized service that we give to each of our guests. Thank-you for the compliments on our food and beverage program – we do our best every day to serve delicious and creative meals with our highest level of service. We hope to see you

1,151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Let me start out by saying we always stay in Nuevo Vallarta as we have always been "told" staying closer to town means party central. This time I had decided that I wanted to be closer to town and to find an adults only resort. I got both.

I will skip most of what people have said about the massage, wet cloths, bellboys, etc upon check in. All say the same thing.

Our room was more like a small condo, which was wonderful. We had the premier room. Nice to have a couch and chairs instead of having to sit on a bed like in most other all inclusives. Can't say that I liked the lack of privacy in the bathroom, but it didn't hinder our vacation. The bed was perfect, and it was nice to pick out my own style of pillow as mine differs greatly from my husbands. Room was very clean and housekeeping did an awesome job. Our shower was perfect, while another couple we spoke to said theirs didn't have much power.

The staff are amazing like everyone says. They get to know you, and it truly is like a family while you are there. They like to joke with you and engage conversation at most opportunities, not just the obligatory "hola". What a nice treat. And what great personalities they have working there. A good testiment on a great place to work.

Food was amazing...too amazing some days. Every meal is ala carte, and sometimes I would like to eat a little quicker and lighter. But I suppose I really don't have anywhere pressing to go..........You can order burgers etc around the pool, so that was a nice option. We couldn't believe the quality of the meals; we have been to 15+ resorts, and I must say everything from the ambiance to the service to the food was heads above everywhere else we have been.

The new restaurant opened while we were there and its a great addition with the bar to go to at night. Became the social hub where there really was none. TV's were playing either games or music concerts, and added a nice touch.

My husband treated me to a lovely evening with the the private meal on the jetty. It was wonderful.

Oh, and did I mention that the alcohol selection was top notch! My husband loved having a grand marnier after dinner, and friends we met drank scotch every night.

Spa was really nice, and I was told when I booked how much my credit was, so I knew that in advance. I had forgotten about that, so it was a nice surprise.

Make sure to go to the cooking presentation....they make a few treats and a couple of drinks and you get to eat/drink and take home recipes. The food was great and I cannot wait to make the recipes.

A couple of small complaints......one is the fact that there are notices around that say no reserving of seats, but everyone does. There are lovely beds on the beach, but we never got to use them because people would reserve them very early in the morning (and my husband went early to check and already reserved) and then no one would show up on half of them most of the day!! There also needs to be palapas on the beach. I cannot sit and bake in the sun, and the few umbrellas don't keep out enough sun. We are beach people but only managed to sit down there one day. Around the pool doesn't have enough umbrellas either. Some days we didn't get one, and thats tough for me.
My main concern is the new restaurant. It REALLY needs some overhead fans. Even tho its open, we were really sweating one night. Many people we talked to had the same comments.

Would I recommend this resort? YOU BET. No shows, no kids, no parties (you can go next door for that).
Will we be back? YOU BET

Most of the people we got to know had been going there between 5-12 years. They were wonderful people to get to know, and the smallness of the resort kept things cozy and safe. I am so glad we found this gem. We rarely go to resorts twice, but will be changing our tune.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank-you very much for the glowing review – and welcome to ´El Centro´! How lovely that you decided to stay in town and loved every minute of it! Our goal here at Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa is to pamper our guests from the moment they arrive to the lobby to the moment we wave good bye and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our 5-star treatment. Having wonderful guests like yourselves makes it easy and enjoyable for us to do our jobs!

I´m glad to hear that you took advantage of all of our hotel amenities from the Romantic dinner on the jetty, to our tranquil spa to our delicious cooking classes. We try to have something for everyone.

I appreciate the feedback about the pool chairs and umbrellas and about the ventilation in our new restaurant La Corona. Please be assured that each and every comment that we receive is discussed and addressed and we take action whenever possible to rectify all concerns.

Thrilled to hear that we will see you back here soon!
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed at the Villa Premiere for a week in the middle of November. We arrived late because of huge line ups in the airport. We were welcomed immediately and felt very welcomed. Our travel agent suggested on arrival that we mention the $250.00 resort credit that was a bonus with our trip package. She looked at our paperwork and confirmed that we did have the credit. My husband asked her what we could use it for and she said the spa, gift shop, excursions, etc. We didn't know what we would spend $250.00 so my husband and I decided to use it at the spa and had a wonderful day being pampered. The service was amazing in the spa, the bar, the restaurants. Jose, Hilda, Faustino, are just a few of the very pleasant and dedicated staff. A few of the glitches were our room safe broke about 5 or 6 times. Our TV clicker had to replaced 3 times. Not serious just annoying. Now we jump to the last day of our trip. First we find the goodbye letter under the door in the morning saying if there were any charges on your room they would be included with this letter. There were no invoices so that was great. Check out is at noon but our Westjet representative said that when your flight leaves after the check out time the resort will still continue to honour the all inclusive until you have to leave for the airport. My husband goes to hand in the room keys and is informed that the resort credit is applied in different amounts for each spa, wine, gift shop. Spa Treatments are only allotted $75.00 of the $250.00. He is given a form letter with the amounts. Why were we not given that at check-in? If we had seen the letter we could have used part of the credit for our excursion that we took. We ended up with a bill for $150.00. It wasn't the about money, it was the sneakiness that bothered me. I asked at the desk about staying there until 6pm when we had to leave for the airport and she said we were cut off to noon. Now I am really getting angry and ask nicely to speak to the manager. She says he will be there in 10 minutes. I return to the desk in 30 minutes and she said that we wasn't there yet. I mentioned about the all inclusive and she said that she had talked to the manager and he said that they would do us a favor and let us eat and drink there. The Westjet rep was in the lobby at the time and reconfirmed that the all inclusive ends when Westjet sends the transportation to pick you up. He also said that another couple had had the same problem at this hotel . Finally a manager Fernando arrived and came over and tried to say it was our fault for not knowing their policy. Then he said he would get back to us. He did shake our hands still promising to look into it as we got into the cab 3 hours later. Before this day we had been talking about what a great resort it was but we will definately not be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I would like to apologize for the mis-communication around your resort credit. You are correct that we should have informed you about the division in the way that it can be spent. There is nothing worse than a surprise on your bill at check out. I appreciate you taking the time to send in your feedback on the way that this was handled. It is our commitment to provide superior customer service and a relaxing vacation to all of our hotel guests. We take all customer comments seriously and use them to constantly work on the quality of our hotel facilities as well as the service that we provide. We will certainly be in touch with our partners at Westjet to ensure that we are on the same page with the in terms of what our packages include. Please accept my sincere apology that you did not leave our hotel on a happy note and please know that if you should ever decide to return to stay with us we will do our very best to pamper you in the way that you deserve.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

A couple weeks ago my husband & I & another couple went to Puerto Vallarta for a long week-end to "check out" another resort other than Villa Premiere. Both of the couples had been going to Villa Premiere for a few years. While the other resort was very nice, it just wasn't "hone".

While we were there, we all went to visit our friends (staff) at Villa Premiere. As we walked through the front door, we were greeted by Alessandro, VP's general manager, with a big smile on his face. He assured us that he was very happy to see us again. We expalained that we were staying elsewhere, but said that it just wasn't VP .

Alssandro was very anxious to show us the newly remodeled restaurant & bar. Both are very beautiful. He said that this was just the beginning of updating much of the facility. We can hardly wait to see the end result. We were also warmly greeted by the concierge, waiters, batenders & desk staff. It was so good to see them all.Thanks, Alessandro & all for being so graciou!

In closing, yes, all of us will be returning to Villa Premiere on our next trip to Puerto Vallarta!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
villa_premiere_hotel, General Manager at Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
We are looking forward to seeing you soon at your home-away-from-home at Villa Premiere! All of use here at the hotel love our jobs and the main reason for that is the amazing guests that come to stay here. I´m so glad that you popped in to visit us on your recent visit and am pleased to hear that after experiencing other properties that you have decided to return to Villa Premiere. We look forward to showing you the culinary delights at ´La Corona´ and touring you around our refreshed suites – which will be complete within the next year. Hasta Pronto!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Had a,great time location perfect limited on room service food choices but overall had a wonderful time. I would probably stay at the Dreams or Barcelo on next visit but would stay here,again if we recieved another good deal..

• Stayed April 2012
Thank-you very much for taking the time to post your comments. It is our top priority to ensure that our guests have the vacation of a lifetime while staying with us. I agree that the short walk to downtown is very convenient and allows guests to quickly and easily take in the amazing sights and sounds of the Malecon. I appreciate your feedback on our room service menu. Our Chef takes pride in all of his creations, from his menu ítems in his signature restaurant ´La Corona´, to the items available around the pool, to the options on the room service menú. We will continue to strive to provide as many options as possible so that our guests can continue to enjoy diverse dining experiences on our property. We will also continue to work hard to ensure that we always provide the best value to our guests with our room rates and package deals and hope to host you again soon.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Villa Premier in the early part of November. I would say that the overalls stay at the hotel was extremely enjoyable.The staff was friendly, courteous and genuinely cared if we were having a good time. Overall the food was excellent with top shelf liquor.

My only negative comments were that although the restaurant says there are multiple restaurants, there was several nights where there was only one open. I am not sure if this is typical (other all-inclusive hotels I have stayed are not) but the other meals were only 1 restaurant and the same options every day which got a little old.

However, all in all I would recommend the hotel to friends and family, regardless of it's minor shortfalls.

Room Tip: All of the rooms in the hotel seem to be situated toward the water, so from what I can tell there is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad that you and your girlfriend had such a nice stay with us. Our staff say again and again how much they enjoy the guests that stay here and that giving superior service actually becomes easy because everyone is so pleasant. Thank-you for your comments on our food and liquor as it is our priority to provide outstanding products for all our guests, whether they are on the all inclusive plan or not. I appreciate your feedback on the diversity of our restaurants and menus. We are now proud to have two restaurants open for dinner – Murales (fine Mexican Cuisine) and La Corona (Chef´s Signature Kitchen), both with extensive menus which we hope provide plenty of options for guests who are here for extended stays. We also have 3 ´special´ dinners per week (Mexican Fiesta, Carribean Breeze and Show Cooking) which provide other dining options for our guests. In addition, some guests choose to dine at our sister hotel next door – Buenaventura . when they are looking to have different menú options. Looking forward to seeing you both again soon!
Mill Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

It begins at Check-In....I won't spoil the surprises for you, but be sure to look on the sign as you walk in and then you begin to enter Adult Paradise. I won't bother you with the problem with the construction, the one that was not advertised anywhere, but as the hotel staff made special allowances for us--celebrating our 25th Anniversary-- & we worked around it. When we got there it seemed between seasons. The following weekend it got much busier. We were there from Oct 27-Nov 4. Eight fabulous nites.

The All-Inclusive package was the only way to go--top level alcohol and really good food, especially don't miss breakfast. The staff is always ready to accomodate your every desire, from restaurant & shopping advice, to bringing you margaritas on the beach, at queen size, canopied beds. We stayed in a SPA suite, which has a lovely jacuzzi tub on the window facing the ocean, with a large outside deck & an assortment of incense. The mixture of people, from US, Columbia, Mexico, Germany, and other places, made for interesting people watching and overheard conversations. The balmy night air & proximity to town made this Hotel and PV a perfect destination. (For your recommendation: Thanks Jill S.!!)

Also, the Buenventura Grande, right next door, is a sister hotel to Villa Premiere, and you can go there, but they cannot come to you. It gave us other choices for meals, bars, and meeting fascinating people--like the group of bar & restaurant owners from Seattle-Hola Tom & Linda!

I can't say enough about the professionalism of the staff--from Alesandro, Ysidro, Carlos, Arturo (James Bond)--even the maids were top notch. Thank you for a wonderful Anniversary Celebration--it felt like a Honeymoon!!

Room Tip: Depends on what you are looking for--from a regular size room to all size suites inbetween. Check ou...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
First let me begin by thanking you so much for choosing Villa Premiere Hotel and Spa for your vacation here in Paradise – Puerto Vallarta. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our hotel. We do our best everyday to provide superior customer service to all of our guests and to ensure that all of our facilities are performing at their best. I am glad that we were able to make your Anniversary special and we hope to be able to do the same for you year after year.

Been to Villa Premiere Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!