“Awesome Crew and trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 187 activities in Puerto Vallarta
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: MIKE'S FISHING CHARTERS, in Puerto Vallarta has the best and largest fleet with the most experienced captains and crew, that will bring you to the hot fishing spots. Our sport fishing boats will give you a top rated adventure for your fishing charter.
Kelowna, Canada
“Awesome Crew and trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Went out on the 29th of December for a day of Fishing with Capt Jose and Mariano. We had an awesome day that was full of tons of whale sightings and a few dolphins. We didn't have the most plentiful day of catching fish, catching about 5 in total, but Mariano and the captain definitely knew what they were doing.

With this being my first Deep Sea Fishing experience, Mariano was very helpful with instructing and helping me catch my first 35 lb tuna. I would definitely go back to them.

All being said - Mariano went out of his way to tend to our needs and make sure it was an unforgettable experience!

Justin

Spruce Grove, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Amazing Day of Fishing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My two sons, husband and I had an amazing day of fishing with Mike's Fishing Charters. Our Captain, Jose and partner, Mariano were excellent guides. The guys each caught two fish apiece - starting small with some little fish that Mariano later turned into fresh ceviche for us. Then a couple of dorados and the final catch of the day - a 90 lb sailfish - wow...so much excitement! Jose did an awesome job helping my son reel in the big sailfish - I don't know who was more tired at the end of the battle, the fish or my son. Mariano did not stop working the entire time we were on the boat - continuously cleaning, changing up the bait and helping Jose out. We were out for 8 hours, saw lots of dolphins and whales, too. Thanks Jose and Mariano for a memorable day out at sea - looking forward to eating the dorado tonight!

Denver, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“Great boat, great crew. I hooked a Mahi!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This fishing adventure was well worth the reasonable cost. We were aboard the Giselle with Captain Jose and crew of Miguel and Mariano. While its a clean, comfortable boat and the "head" is ok, please keep in mind this is not a luxury yacht. We were picked up on time at 7:45am and the boat headed straight out to the fishing area. The captain is very experienced and attentive to all that went on. I caught a Mexican mackeral (5 lbs) and a Mahi!! 4 feet long and a good 30+ pounds. The reel-in for the Mahi was hard but very exciting as it fought the line. The crew, with fairly decent English, coached me on the reel-in and gaffed and helped land the fish into the boat. While out there, we saw lots of whales and even some dolphins. The crew will filet the fish for you and put the meat in a plastic bag. It was marvelous for dinner. I STRONGLY reccomend Mike's. Michael F in Denver

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
“Nice day, lots of fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Were brought to deep waters by a knowledgeable captain. Caught about 26 fish for the day. Mahi, Tuna and Bonito.

Visited December 2012
Enrique Miguel T, Propietario at Mike's Fishing Charters, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thanks for your opinion, we are glad you had such a great time with us.
We'd like to offer you a 20% discount on your next booking at any boat and service you want at Mike's.

Hoping to see you back soon.
Best regards.
Washington
“Perfect Christmas present”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We had the perfect day aboad the Giselle with Captain Jose, Miguel and Mariano. We started our trip with a five dolphin escort out of the harbor. Miguel made fresh ceviche right on board using the 4 Spanish Maceral we caught and our trip ended with a half hour battle between my 12 year old son and a feisty 35 pound Jack. Mariano did an amazing job helping him get it in the boat and cheering him on...praise the Lord! The boat was fast and clean and Captain Jose pointed out a dozen large whales that seemed to be all around us. My son said that this trip was the best Christmas gift ever.

Visited December 2012
Thanks for your opinion, we are glad you had such a great time with us.

Hoping to see you back soon.
Best regards.