“Amazing Burgers!” 5 of 5 stars

+52 322 223 3323
Improve this listing
Ranked #52 of 697 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Fort Myers, Florida
“Amazing Burgers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

My friend & I ordered burgers from here & the owner delivered to us at Twisted Palms Rooftop Lounge (they made a courtesy run as it is slow season). We were very appreciative that he did so! I had the Mex-Cali burger, Black & Blue for my friend, & we enjoyed them very much! We had the regular & sweet potatoe fries, as well as the pickle chips (deep fried pickles), & they were all very tasty! They were very reasonably priced for the outstanding flavor! Thanks for the delivery! :)

We did walk by on another occasion & saw that the restaurant is very modern & has outside tables. Seemed like it would be great for a sit down there as well!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Urbandale, Iowa
“Best burger in PV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had a large group (11- 9 adults and 2 kids). Our food was done quickly and well. They even made a grilled cheese for my non burger eating son. The burgers are large, juicy, and excellent. The toppings are great. I had the BBQ Bacon burger and added a fried egg to complete this great burger. We will definitely be back on our next trip. Some people have complained that you "sit on the street". There are table sinside and some just outside the restaurant. we sat outside and only had 10-12 people walk by our tables the entire time we ate and they didn't detract one bit. Why do people in the US love outdoor dining (where usually you sit next to a parking lot or on a busy street like in NY) but think it is something bad here? I would not hesitate to eat here again and will definitely tell anyone heading to PV to try it out. The burgers are well priced, huge, and delicious.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Queretaro, Mexico
“ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've been in México for around 6 months now and ever since I arrived I have been looking for a good cheeseburger. As I am a good southern gal from the U.S. I know a good cheeseburger and these are EXCELLENT. My boyfriend and I started with the fried pickle chips for our appetizer. These were hot, fresh, and served with a tangy garlic ranch sauce...delicious! I had the House burger which consisted of a huge excellently seasoned and grilled patty, slices of avocado, grilled jalapenos, a slightly spicy chipotle mayo sauce and all the normal cheeseburger fixins. I can't remember the name of the cheeseburger that my boyfriend ordered, but his was excellent as well. As for the person who said that the fries were disappointing I have to disagree. I ordered normal french fries which were perfectly fried and seasoned with salt and pepper. My boyfriend ordered the sweet potato fries which were amazing as well. These sweet potato fries I dare say were better than many you can order in the U.S. and were seasoned with some type of cinnamon/sugar mixture...but not too sweet. I can usually eat a whole cheeseburger and fries with no problem, but I had to ask for a to-go box for my other half of the cheeseburger, definitely not because I didn't want to finish it, but because it was sooo big. You definitely get your money's worth here seeing how most of the burgers cost only around $90 pesos which includes your choice of fries, which is around $6.50 USD, an amazing price for how big the portions are and how excellent the food is. If you haven't been then you absolutely have to go before you leave Puerto Vallarta!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Great Burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Had the BBQ Burger and it was really good! One point off for the french fries, they were a bit disappointing. Seating is out on the walkway which can be loud and a bit dusty, but if you like burgers (and salads - surprise!) I recommend Derby City.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“Great burgers and salads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We ate here twice this trip something we did not do at any other restaurant. First time out we had take away Derby Burger and fries with a side order of Yam fries....Bill came to 140 pesos. Burger was huge, patty hand formed,thick and juicy with a great seasoning. Fries were hand cut, crisp and seasoned with coarse salt and pepper YUM. Yam fries were also very good but they would have been better with a dip of some sort.

Our last night in PV, Mr QT was craving another Derby Burger and I had been craving the Blue Pear Salad posted in the Derby City Facebook page. Burger was one that owner said was his favourite, had avcado in it and a pepper? Med heat and looked good....the one bite I was allowed well taste was as good as it looked. I had my coveted Blue Pear Salad with grilled chicken, mixed lettuce, blue cheese, avacado, candied pecans with a honey dijon dressing (maybe had some balsamic in it too?) This salad was huge and I inhaled it all.....very very good.

• Visited May 2012