“Boutique Hotel Gem with Perfect Relaxation & Wonderful Setting” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Azalea, Inn & Organic Farm

You added Villa Azalea, Inn & Organic Farm to your Saves list
Villa Azalea, Inn & Organic Farm
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Barra de Navidad Km. 184., Puerto Vallarta 48400, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Simcoe, Canada
“Boutique Hotel Gem with Perfect Relaxation & Wonderful Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

We have always had very good experiences with places we stay in PV, but Villa Azalea really stands out, thanks to hosts Dulce and Santiago. It's about 10 minutes south of the Botanical Gardens, so well away from the busy-ness of town, but still close enough to get to town when you want. At the back of the property there is a small river with a waterfall which you overlook from the terrace and from some of the rooms. Other rooms open onto a sun-lit central courtyard. The whole property is beautifully landscaped, with a profusion of fruit trees. We were in a courtyard room for 2 nights -- the room was very spacious, including separate sleeping and sitting areas, a mini-fridge, flat-screen TV and those lovely waffle-cotton robes and slippers. The rooms are decorated with colourful art, with some quite impressive sculptures in the public areas. While there is no TV, there is a huge selection of DVDs to choose from. Three meals are included with a night's stay -- each one was excellent, and wherever possible made using produce grown in the organic greenhouses on the property. Dulce's soups are excellent; we also had a Chicken Lasagna with poblano and tomatillos that was my favourite entree. Everything was prepared and seasoned beautifully -- my husband is a bit of a salt fiend, but only added it once to something -- this is unheard of, believe me! Home-grown and homemade preserves are served with breakfast. We thought we might go out and do something while there, but it was just so relaxing and comfortable that we stayed put, walking, watching movies, or lounging by the pool. An added bonus for us, travelling with our small dog, is that Villa Azalea is pet-friendly.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are larger and open onto the central courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
DulceArguero, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Villa Azalea, Inn & Organic Farm, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
It is always a pleasure to meet guests like you who allow us to pamper and preparing different courts, knowing That you will appreciate and enjoy the different areas we have, while being small try to enjoy each of them. We appreciate what You have very educated your pet.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have a lot of experience in the Puerto Vallarta area. I the first visited the area in 1982 and I take an annual return trip every winter time. My family members reside in the Riviera Nayait area for the past 7 years and I have explored most of the surrounding areas. I can truly say that Villa Azalea is one of the most beautiful and unique experiences I have ever had in all of Mexico. It is located perfectly. Far enough away from the city, yet close enough to enjoy day trips to Vallarta or off the grid picturesque beaches that are not swamped by vendors and tourist. Dulce and her son Santiago rolled out the red carpet for us. Dulce’s kindness and hospitality (not to mention her cooking) are unmatched by any concierge I have experienced. I called in advance and requested a very special evening/dinner be prepared for me and my girlfriend. Words cannot describe the romantic scene that Dulce and Santiago created. At the end of the meal I took to one knee and ask my girlfriend to marry me. Thank you again to Villa Azalea for everything. We will never forget you.

P.S. She said “YES”.

Room Tip: Simply ask Dulce (owner) what is available. Not a "bad" room on the property
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
It is the first time we have a delivery engagement ring! definitely we enjoyed it a lot, we were more excited than them, to put it in the dessert and place torches, etc.. so that was really memorable for everyone! also for the staff and guests who were here. Congratulations again and thanks for letting participate of this special moment. We hope to see you next year.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I purchased groupon deal for this villa and it was definitely worth every penny. My mother and I visited for 4 days in February and it was such a lovely experience. I greatly recommend this villa for anyone that is traveling to Puerto Vallarta, it is close enough to all the tourist attractions but away from all the cliche resorts. Dulce and Santiago are two of the most courteous, attentive and generous people that I have ever met. As soon as you arrive you are comforted by their welcoming presence.

The villa itself is very nice and very clean. My mother and I were fortunate enough to have the entire villa to ourselves for two days which was very nice. All the staff were very attentive. Dulce was nice enough to upgrade my mother and I to a suite which was great. The beds are extremely comfortable and the artwork in every room is so unique. The entire interior designing of the villa was very well put together.

In regards to the food, all of our meals were yummy. We harvested our vegetables from the garden for our fresh salad for lunch. We enjoyed fresh juices and mojitos with our meals. All the deserts were made with ingredients from their garden, such as mango sorbet and lemon cake yummmm. My mother is a vegetarian and Dulce did her best to accommodate her on such short notice, this was definitely a great example of the staff being attentive.

Tourist Activities: My mother and I did not have a car so we used public transportation to get around and Santiago drove us a couple of places as well. I don't think a car is vital, you could definitely get around without one. I would recommend going to the Yelepa beach and exploring the beach at Puerto Vallarta as well as the town. Both Santiago and Dulce helped us a lot when it came to planning daily activities.

I can really go on and on about how lovely this place is but I think it's best for you to experience it yourself. This is a great place for couples as well. From the candle light dinners under the stars on the patio to the secluded mini waterrfall and pool, I think all couples would enjoy themselves.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you, thank you, for us is very pleasant to receive such comments, with much detail, sometimes we believe that guests do not realize, but today confirmed they are in everything!
We feel a strong commitment to continue doing our best for you come back soon and recommend us to all your friends. We will always be waiting for you.
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

On returning from five days at Villa Azalea, my friend said we looked 20 years younger and asked for its address. We had a car to explore beauty spots in the vicinity but otherwise just chilled in this beautiful house and gardens by the river, being looked after by Dulce and Santiago. Thank you!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Of course you rejuvenated! sleeping like babies and eating the organic orchard and being very spoiled! we were happy to have you here and especially your sympathetic comments each moment, we miss you.
Greenbrae, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We enjoyed one of our most delightful and memorable travel experiences in this small and intimate hotel located in the lush mountains and south of Puerto Vallarta. Having a car is important if you want to spend time in town and on some secluded beaches nearby.
The hotel has six guest rooms a tranquil and spacious outdoor dining area with artwork, a pool and dining tables that offer privacy and are at the same time spaced close enough to other guest diners for conversation, if you wish to converse. We had breakfasts on the outdoor balcony overlooking the gardens and the river that flows through the property. The living room has a library of books and DVD’s that you can borrow.
Dulce, the owner, and Santiago, her son, are very friendly, always helpful, and competent. Much of the food is fresh from the garden and every meal is different made by Dulce, and delicious as well as the jams that they made right there. The grounds are beautiful, quiet and peaceful. The beds and pillows are very comfortable.
We look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
DulceArguero, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Villa Azalea, Inn & Organic Farm, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thanks for your comments, you are rigth, we really tried to make Villa Azalea a special place and that our guests feel very special, that they will enjoy all the comfort and convenience of the location, its architecture and decoration, and also the beautiful places close to Villa, we hope to see you very soon.
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We just returned home from 5 nights at the Villa Azalea Organic Farm. It was a delightful quiet retreat away from the hubbub of the city. Dulce and her son Santiago were so welcoming, attentive, and gracious. Each meal was elegantly presented and enhanced with fresh herbs, each meal so delicious and healthy. It was quite memorable having our lunch served in the shallow flowing river, dinner in the lighted atrium after dark with music, meals on the balcony overlooking the river, and our final breakfast served to us by the small lake. We participated in the cooking class which was a lot of fun, educational and also delicious. We hopped a bus to Puerto Vallarta one day which was an interesting cultural experience, another day to the botanical gardens. It is clear to see that Dulce has high standards in service to her guests. The property appears to be well maintained. I am sharing this unique gem of a vacation spot with family, friends and the 3 organic food co-ops in which I shop. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for doing a review with all the details, that's beautiful, and confirms that you enjoy each momen.. We treat our guests enjoy every area of Villa Azalea, for that reason, we served the meals in different places of Villa Azalea. Thanks for recommending us to your friends.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Villa Azalea was top notch from the second we arrived. The inn is nothing short of picturesque. The grounds are very well maintained, the homemade food was delicious and unique, the staff was very friendly and attentive, and we could not have asked for a better vacation in Puerto Vallarta. Upon our arrival Santiago gave us a private tour of the grounds explaining their organic farming processes, the history of the area, all the inn amenities, and then showed us to our room and made sure we had everything we needed. While we were touring the greenhouse gardens Santiago had us pick some vegetables which ultimately ended up on our plates for lunch about an hour later. So fresh! Dulce's meals were divine and I really appreciated that she accommodated my requests with no hesitation, as I am a vegetarian. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Our balcony overlooked the pool and river and when we left the door open we could hear the trickling of water and nature at its best.
I would highly recommend renting a car as the inn is quite a bit outside of downtown and aside from the Botanical Gardens, nothing is immediately next to the inn. This also gave the inn a wonderful secluded and relaxing vibe. We went snorkeling, scuba diving, and zip-lining so a car was essential for us.
I would recommend Villa Azalea to anyone; it is great for just a quick getaway or a longer vacation. The staff really takes care of you and they take great pride in their work.

Room Tip: There are only a half dozen or so rooms at the inn, two suites I believe, so I do not think you can...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
When we receive gueest, such a beautiful vitality, an incredible attitude, enjoying the last minute of your stay at Villa Azalea, and the smallest detail, and even took Cooking Class! confirms that we are in the right business! Thanks for your visit and comments and hope to see you again.

Been to Villa Azalea, Inn & Organic Farm? Share your experiences!