“Review” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort

You added Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort to your Saves list
Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Diego Rivera 120 Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48330, Mexico   |
Ranked #43 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Co
“Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The resort was smaller than most - which we loved. The meals always had fresh veggies and fruits - which we loved. It was a nice, safe location - we could walk the beach for miles and miles (and did). The staff couldn't have been nicer....every single one. If we needed something - we received it within minutes. The room is outdated, but always clean. Loud tipsy "spring breakers" and all night disco noise disrupted our sleep on occasion. A room clock would be nice. We'd love to see free wifi there. We'll come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I just came from a week at this resort and I have to admit that the staff was nice, the rooms and the resort itself was okay..but the food was AWFUL.. Pay a bit more and stay somewhere else if food is important to your vacation experience. There was not one meal that was delicious. Maybe some shrimp would be nice. Even the fruit especially watermelon was not abundant. I met 4 other people staying there and we all said we did not like the food...If they work on the food..I would definitely go back.

Bc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I would recommend this resort if you are looking for a cheap Mexican vacation. the staff are excellent, location to city buses is excellent, quality of food is good if you don't mind eating the same thing every day. not enough variety. surprised to have no fresh citrus fruits or and avacodo...and we were in mexico? Resort needs to designate the main pool as a family quiet pool and leave the one by the ocean for the people who want to drink and party! my first day there I said I would go back with my grandchildren, by the third day I certainly changed my mind. as I said the staff were great, room was clean and spacioius enough. no bottled water was a bid disappointment.We had to request a blanket as only a sheet on the bed, also had to request a blowdryer.. I also would not travel over spring break again, I am a mid 50's woman that was looking for some relaxaton and a good beach. found the beach but hard to relax when the spring breakers were taking over the place. this is an easy fix for the resort if they create a family/quiet pool.

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Just a so so resort. No frills. Very basic. Couldn't believe I had to pay extra for wifi...outrageous!!! Buffet got boring but food was decent. Had lots of room for more pool chairs but they were few and far between. Beds only had one sheet on them for the blanket....crazy! Staff was good!

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

The rooms and the hotel were very clean. The pillow were hard and we were given only a sheet, no blanket on the beds. Staff were very friendly. Resort was very close to Malls and downtown. View from the beach side pool was spectacular. Buffet had limited choices.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Got a suite for 9 nights. They tried to give me a next door building view, but got them to change it to pool view, Place was sold out ( spring break was starting). pool was always busy, tough to find / get lounge chairs. Pool bar guys take care of you if you tip. There is a small kids pool beside the main pool. The 2'nd part of the resort is across the access road to the time share portion which is beach front (not much of one). There is also another full size pool, with another pool bar and daytime snacks. If you want internet you have to pay. I don't stay much at the resort as I head out to old town, but the few times I did was pretty fun. They have a "Disco" which serve drinks up until around1:00am. Again early tips get you taken care of.

Room Tip: ask for room facing pool there are no balconies, but the 1'st floor has veranda's and can w...
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I just have to say this was the best vacation ever! What an amazing place! The best service all around! I will go back. My first time in Mexico and so glad I went. From the minute I checked in to the time I checked out I had a smile on my face. There was no conflict at all! The activities staff go above and beyond to make you feel welcome! They are your friends for the time you are there so going 'alone' you won't be.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort

Address: Diego Rivera 120 Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48330, Mexico
Location: Mexico > Jalisco > Puerto Vallarta
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #43 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Class:3 star — Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort 3*
All rooms fully furnished with two twins or one king size bed (view and type of bed is subject to availability), air conditioning, safety deposit box, fully marble equipped bathroom and bathrooms amenities. Non beach front section, access to the beach (walking steps) crossing a private street. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.