“Hidden gem in Puerto Vallarta, romantic and beautiful!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Cualeparadise@yahoo.com
Kirkland, Washington
“Hidden gem in Puerto Vallarta, romantic and beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Our concierge dissuaded us from going to just another restaurant in the city, and said that Cuale Paradise is an experience not to be missed. Boy, are we glad we listened to him! The restaurant was about 25 minutes from our hotel (a $6 cab ride), and after going through this little village above PV we ended up in this beautiful, candle-lit setting with - a RIVER running through it!

We actually dined on a little island in the stream, romantic and private. Service was impeccable, lots of menu options (I loved the snapper filet), and they have a full bar. It was not expensive at all, less than $100 for the 2 of us.

Highly recommend it, it's fun and unique

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Flower Mound, Texas
“One of the best kept secrets in Puerto Vallarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

About ten years ago I was in a grocery store in old town. I was having trouble with my spanish, when Nick came to the rescue. He gave me his business card and invited my wife and I to his restaurant, Cuale Paradise. It is hard to find, but fun to drive with friends who have not been there. We go for a late relaxing lunch. The fun is very good and the family is very nice. I highly recommend both the food and the adventure!

dallas
“Dont miss this great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I had been to Cuale Paradise in 2010 and I knew I wanted to go back. I took my Mother on a Wednesday night this year and we had the best time. The atmosphere is amazing! I have never been to any place like it. It is so beautiful along the Rio Caule. The food is great and the service is wonderful! The table sitting beside us was raving about it too. We also told some people who live in Puerto Vallarta that we went and they said they loved the restaurant and recommend it all of the time. Please don't miss this jewel!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Tahoe City, California
“Worth a trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our taxi driver knew where this restaurant was, and it was a good thing. It is quite a drive. We drove through neighborhoods I had not yet visited, and then we finally arrived at a very charming restaurant right on a rushing (in December) river. It is indeed a romantic setting and the food was quite good. There was a good selection of menu items, including fish and seafood (even octopus). Service was personable and attentive. We had an interesting discussion with one of our waiters about fishing in the river. The walkway across the river was partially destroyed and so only goes a short way across the river and candles are lighted on this walkway at night, to add to the atmosphere. We arrived about a half an hour before sunset which was perfect for enjoying the setting before and after dark.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Restaurants we enjoyed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Our large group had dinner one night at Cale paradise , it was romantic and the food was excellent! Huge shrimp, red snapper and many in our group enjoyed the Spanish coffee show, a must. Right by the river. Don't be afraid of the drive, well worth it.

We also enjoyed The Happy Lobster. Again great food!

We ate one night at pipis and enjoyed that. Great margaritas and guacamole. Large servings. We celebrated one friends birthday and they made a big show of everything for her.

Maybe our favorite and the least expensive price but not lacking in quality at all was Victors in the marina. Victor greeted us personally and then had a free shot of tequilla with us. Actually we were given more than one free tequilla and after the meal we received free Khulna and cream. Great place.

• Visited December 2012