“Excellent Hotel!! Read on for helpful tips & complete review.....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Now Amber Puerto Vallarta

You added Now Amber Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   David Alfaro Sisqueiros 164 | Col. Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Hotel!! Read on for helpful tips & complete review.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at the Now Amber resort from April 22-29th, 2015. Our overall review is five stars fabulous! We've stayed in the Secrets group before...with less enthusiasm! This hotel gets it right in so many ways! We definitely will return....perhaps sooner than later! It wouldn't be a complete review if I didn't share all the good & a couple areas that not all would love....after all this is supposed to be helpful not just complementary so here we go....
Tips/Compliments/Suggestions:

#1. Now Amber vs Secrets: Stay on the Now Amber side...not the Secrets side. The hotels are basically adjoined and they sort of face each other like this…. \_/. The biggest reason to choose The Now Amber….it houses all the entertainment! It’s bustling with energy from the people & all the things to do! It’s the better of the two hands down. If you choose the Secrets side be prepared to walk over every night for any entertainment you wish to see or do (shows/night club). However, both hotels are super clean, well stated and comfortable….so you really can’t go wrong either way.

#2. The Preferred Club: Don't splurge on this....all of the rooms at this hotel are ocean view. Actually the Junior suites have the best view! The junior suites are the only fully south facing rooms at the hotel as they are in the center of the hotel. The Preferred rooms are east/south facing so you don't get a complete view.....save the extra bucks here…you’ll be glad you did!

#3. The beds: Wow, we were worried about the quality of the beds but these were top notch. Even the pickiest sleeper could sleep on these beds. Wonderful is all I can say!

#4. The Entertainment: Every night they have entertainers in the amphitheater (located on the Now side). They all were pretty good but by far the fire dancers were the best….amazing actually! The night club was what you would expect from a hotel….mediocre at best but gets the job done.

#5. The fireworks: At about 9pm each night there are fireworks on the beach. Absolutely beautiful & it sort of blows your mind on the first night. An unexpected bonus! Be looking out for this….it’s amazing!

#6. The Room Service: They fall down here big time. It was pretty bad! Took 2hrs to get a small order of nachos! It was the general consensus of every one we spoke with during our trip….don’t do room service. It’s slow & not great food. But…..this seems to be the case at most hotels. They just don’t do room service well…..are you listening Now Amber? LOL!

#7. The Food: All of the restaurants are good. People rave about the 'Bordeaux' on the Secrets side...but we thought it was the worst of the lot (You can eat at all of the restaurants shared between the two hotels.) Our favorite was the Mexican & the Asian....but that's just personal choice. The Italian was really good too! Also, the buffet was very good. It was clean & well versified. Last but not least....the coffee!!! Wow, this place has some of the best coffee I've had in my life and that’s a tall order…no pun intended!!! Enjoy!

#8. Ok, here's where the trip goes a bit south....again…no pun intended! All I can say is WEDDINGS!!! During our stay there were 2-3 weddings every day!!! I'd say 80% of the guests were part of a wedding. It was beautiful on day 1 & 2 but by day 4 we were over the weddings. A big problem...they set up the receptions around the pool!!! At around 3pm they start kicking people out of the pool loungers & setting up tables. From 4pm on......it's wedding time. The weddings were very dominant on our stay. We were told in April there were 28 weddings!!!! On our last day a party of 180 people arrived for one of them. Let me say… we weren't sad to bid bon voyage…lol!

#9. The taxi's/Spa: If you want to save a few bucks on your trip....walk 2 minutes outside the gates of the hotel. The yellow taxi's cost half the price of the white hotel ones!!! The spas cost even less. I've received thousands of massages in my life….many bad ones…a few good….2 or 3 exceptional. The 1 hour massage I received at 'healing hands' just steps outside our hotel cost $25US and was very good....not the best… but very good!

#10. Last but certainly not the least....THE STAFF!!! We were sooo impressed with the staff at this hotel. Every single employee went well above & beyond for everyone...couples, groups, kids, elderly, handicapped! They really care about you & your stay. It's genuine and heartfelt. What can I say….10 stars for service here folks!

Overall….from a discerning traveler…..they’ve nailed it. Everything is top notch as many have written. I cannot think of anything else to add. Great Job Now Amber & see you soon! To all of you who have read this….I hope we’ve helped & have a great vacation!

Room Tip: Try to get a higher room floor...the higher the floor, the better the view! Floor 12 or higher is be...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We had a wonderful time!! Wedding beautiful, food and all restraunts 5 stars, all the drinks 5 stars, service 5 star, very clean and friendly :)!!! Nice and small where pool, beach, snack bars and bartenders all close :)!! Great for kids :). The 24 hour room service was great but did take a little while so be organized for that :).
We stayed on the 5 th floor thank goodness elevators sometimes took awhile so we could take stairs :)!!! Beautiful and close to town !!!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very friendly staff, great food, beautiful facility.

I definitely recommend this to hotel for anyone looking for an upscale All-Inclusive.

My mom and I went here several months back (but I just got a Trip Advisor account) so I'm now commenting on it. We had a wonderful time and received excellent service. We stayed in the Presidential Suite, which came with fun amenities. We were originally booked to stay at Dream Los Cabos, but ended up coming here instead due to the Hurricane (it was a last minute trip) and felt that the hotel didn't excellent job of accommodating us.

I would definitely come back here.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My favourite resort yet. So far this is our 4th AM Resort. Been to Dreams Villamagna, Dreams Cabos, Dreams Riviera Maya, but this one is my favourite. Will definetily come back, considering that the whole package for 2 adults through Unlimited Vacation Club was 1312$. Great price. Very happy with the deal.

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Wetaskiwin, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This resort was awesome, it was our 25 wedding anniversary. The staff pampered us, the food was amazing. The facilities are impeccable I read some of the reviews and I can't believe that anyone can not give this resort the accolades it deserves. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and my Facebook page is a testimony to our excellent adventure.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Me, my wife, and 2 year old came here for a week. Food was hit and miss, room service food was just bad. Buffet was probably the best food all around, especially if you stuck to Mexican fare. Music started at 830 each morning with an odd trance mix and kept going with wedding music and bands by the pool until around 11. Music was loud in our room. Very easy to get a cocktail or a beer (as long as its Corona). Not many food options in the evening until 630 which wasn't great for our youngster. We finally ventured off site for better food our last few nights. Taxi was about $8 US each way and we had a couple of great meals in town. The sliding french doors in our room broke 3 days in a row, as did our TV. There were many weddings on the grounds while we were there and it seemed weddings took priority over everything else. A tube of sunblock in the resort shop is $22 US. The highlight of this place is a very good staff, very attentive and friendly.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Laval, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I went to the Now Amber from April 18-25th for a wedding. I traveled with a very large group, including my children. The hotel is amazing. We ate really really well all week, never wanting for anything. Many days we never left the pool side for lunch as they had a grill, The Barefoot Grill, which served hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, chicken fingers, etc. It also had a free-serve ice cream machine - we ate ALOT of those - and you could order things like chicken quesidillas from the waiters. There was also the Castaways beach side restaurant that served seafood and other stuff. I ordered the beet and goat cheese salad and it was delicious. Drinks were delicious - they had a new drink of the day each day. Service was impeccable. We ate at the buffet a few times, lots of choice but repeats itself each day. We ate at the Mexican one night, very good, but men and boys need long pants or you will be refused. We also had the tepenyaki at the asian restaurant, very good - however children are not allowed.

Kids' club was amazing. Best i've ever seen. Super well organized and the staff was attentive and involved, not just sitting around watching looking bored. You had to sign in your children and were given a beeper that warned you if they wanted to leave. You then had to sign them out. They were given backpacks with a t-shirt and other goodies in there. The list of activities is printed on the daily schedule which is given to you at night during the turn down service. The schedule for the kids started at 9 am and went until 10 pm each night. Every hour had a new activity - from crafts, to pinata fun, cooking, trampoline, bungee trampoline, soccer, etc. Each night they had a movie in the club so that parents could go for a quiet dinner. The layout was amazing - it was huge - soccer green, big screened-in trampoline, bungee trampoline, wall climbing, fountain to play in, swing set , etc.

Pools are great - they are warm in the am, and somehow feel refreshing in the daytime (probably because it was 31C everyday!!). Bring some float/tubes for the kids - we did and everyone wanted them ! There is a slide there too - endless hours of fun for the kids (and some adults too :) There are a few other pools where there were less kids too !

We stayed in the preferred club section and it was nice, but not sure worth the extra $100 per person. you had an array of food each morning, afternoon and evening that you could nibble on, on your way in or out, and your own bar section. the room had restocked fridge each night with Corona and pop and water, as well as pringles and m&m's. Maid service was good. Beds are comfy, but we are a family of 4 and we had 2 doubles, which is very small. I would recommend 1 King for 3 of you and get a cot or have the couch set up for the 4th person (child) - this would have been more spacious in my opinion. The preffered club building is so close to everything - a huge bonus - we were 1 minute away from the main lobby, the buffet, the pools or the beach.

Views are great no matter where you are on the resort - ask for rooms 5th floor and up. Rooms could be noisy at night - always weddings going on and even though they close up by 10 or 11, people party in their rooms into the night. Lack of respect. Disco opens at 10 and closes at 1, which we found dissapointing as it's too early.

There are an incredible amount of weddings going on there. I've never been to a resort where there are at least one a day.

The beach was dissapointing. We were not able to swim as it is very rocky and rough. The kids prefer gentler surf, as do I. The major dissapointment was the amount of vendors harassing you every minute on the beach. The literally stand in front of all the chairs and try to sell their stuff, but they are literally blocking the view you have to the ocean. Very annoying when you are trying to watch your children at the beach from your chair - you have to look around them. They shouldn't be allowed there - it's a major eye sore. But if you do buy something, whatever they start at, you could probably go down by at least half. And everything is cheaper in the town.

We went into town for dinner and a walk one night. We ate at Margarita Grill - very good, highly recommend.

We managed to get a courtesy room for 30 minutes as we had an early evening flight and check out is at noon. Ask for this room at least a day or 2 before. It's free.

Some friends did a deep sea fishing excursion, which was great. They caught a few tuna. Some also did the Hidden Beach excursion - but by the sounds of it, not worth it. We went to Las Caletas for the wedding, which is a STUNNING site. They do excursions there and I would recommend it. Beautiful !

Overall a great trip and I highly recommend the Now Amber Puerto Vallarta !

Room Tip: Rooms 5th floor and higher have best views.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!