“Amazing place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Amber Puerto Vallarta

You added Now Amber Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   David Alfaro Sisqueiros 164 | Col. Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #10 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Rochester, Minnesota
“Amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My fiance and I travel to an all-inclusive every winter. This was by far the best resort ever! The food was great, service was great, drinks were great (top shelf), our room was great, and the pool area/bar was great! The food and drink were the best we've ever had. A huge added bonus, no wrist bands or towel cards and no reservations needed for the restaurants! Pure luxury. The only negative thing I would say is that the hotel boosts unlimited connectivity/wifii, and we had very sketchy and limited wifii in our room, which to me wasn't a big deal. The wifii in the lobby was fine. The other negative thing, when you check in, they offer you a tour of the facility and over breakfast want to tell you about their other properties--it's actually a sales pitch for their vacation club! We declined as soon as we heard sales pitch. Otherwise, no problems with water pressure, etc. and very modern amenities. Loved it and will definitely go back or try their other resorts. The best place so far hands down! Yes, and get your massage off the property--from the entrance, go left half a block and Four Hands Massage was awesome--couples massage for just $50! Hats off to Hector and Jorge in the Disco bar, and to Jose, Leonardo and Hugo at the pool bar--amazing service!

Room Tip: Most rooms have an ocean view, so prob don't have to pay for one. Swim out room was better than...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mauricio M, General Manager at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Ann K,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Now Amber. It thrills us to know that our staff, top shelf liquor, well-appointed suites among other things made your stay truly memorable. Our unique Unlimited-Luxury® concept is based on No towel cards, No wristbands and No reservations to our gourmet restaurants. More time to relax and enjoy refined luxury.

Speaking of refined luxury, on your next visit allow our world-class spa by Pevonia an opportunity to truly pamper you. Our certified masseuses will gently guide you through our state of the art Hydrotherapy Circuit, nourish your with fresh rejuvenating Chlorophyll and envelope you in Zen. The massage parlors outside the resort may be cost effective, but will not provide you with the same experience; our world class Spa has the ambiance and licensed therapists who will pamper all of your senses.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Cordially,

Mauricio Martinez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
Guadalajara, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went to celebrate our 4th anniversary to the Now Amber resort we stayed there in the last week of January.

I contacted the hotel 2 weeks before our check in, letting them know that we were going to celebrate our 4th anniversary and I asked them for a king size bed. When we got to the hotel we were received by 2 gentleman saying "bienvenido a casa" (Welcome home) which was pretty amazing, they helped us with our baggage and they told us to go straight to the front desk for check in, (we were not offered champagne neither wet towels, this could come handy for us since we drove 4 hours to get to Puerto Vallarta) the receptionist (I don't remember her name) noticed what we were celebrating our 4th anniversary and immediately told us that she had no king size beds available for us, she told us that the only room available it was 2 beds room, I told her that I called in to let them know that I wanted a king size bed, but she did nothing to resolve our problem, then I asked her if there was any kind of upgrade, she said that there was but the night would be 500 dollars extra, I was disappointed at that time so we decided to go to our rooms; in the way to the room we went for a drink at the lobby bar and there was this guy who seemed to be having a bad day he was kind of rude to us at the moment he was serving our drinks.

Once we walked into our room we were very pleased by the view and the amenities we had, we called room service and ordered an Arrachera and it was very good, it had good taste and it was not cold, and the service was pretty fast, after this we were given a bottle of champagne by the hotel to celebrate our anniversary, Jairo from room service brought the bottle and some apples, from that moment my day started to change since he was very kind and professional, and he knew it was an special day for us; We went to the pool and Mario kept our drinks coming as well as Jose some other days, I will have to say that Jose is amazing on what he does and treated us the way we deserved with some minor issues because the hotel was pretty crowded those days and he had a pretty large area to be on.

The Capers restaurant was our favorite, Rosa the hostess remembered our names from day 1, from that day she just welcomed us by saying welcome Mr Gutierrez, our waiter Margarito was very professional, polite and outstanding server, my favorite dish was the New York Steak and my favorite dessert was "Crema de nuez"; The restaurant Castaways was very nice as well, I loved the way they treated us at the restaurants.

The room service is amazing, I called them every night to ask for a cappuccino for the next day and they asked me if I wanted them to call me before our service was delivered.

The shower was leaking water into the bath room which seems to be a problem with all of the rooms and it was pretty annoying to walk into the bathroom with all that water on the floor, in our case a towel did not solve the problem.

Chuy from the entertainment team always kept on saying hi to us every day and kept us playing cool games by the pool like Loteria and catch the water balloon, before we left the hotel he wished us a safe trip home; I've never been to a hotel so engaged with their guests to make you feel home everyday.

One thing that I did not like from the pool waiters and lobby bar servers is that we were not treated as the others since we are Mexicans and we were not tipping dollars, I personally was tipping 20 pesos up to a 100 pesos if the service was outstanding, I think is not fair for us to be treated this way only because we do not tip in dollars, aside from this it was the best hotel that I was in, the food is great, the drinks are great, the personnel is great, I would definitely come back.

At check out we were given an iPad to answer a survey about what we liked and disliked I was unable to finish it since I accidentally tapped on the done button and I was unable to go back to the survey to add the missing names of the people who treated us excellent, I would like to give Kudos to Rosa and Margarito from Capers, Jairo from Room service, Chuy from the entertainment team and Jose waiter from the pool area.

Thank you Now Amber, you made our vacations great even though we faced minor bumpers during our stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Courtenay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Overall, a great holiday. Extremely friendly staff.
Daniel, the bartender in the "Preferred Club" lounge, was fantastic - knowledgeable, affable, and very friendly! He is a huge asset to the resort.

UNFORTUNATELY, a large group of about 200 people (from a Mexican ? agricultural company, celebrating 25 years of something) arrived on the 5th day of our stay. This influx of people COMPLETELY OVERWHELMED THE RESORT - the facilities, the staff, and the beach. For example: By mid-morning there were no clean beach towels; there long waits for food even in the no-reservation restaurant; there was no beach access on the evening of 20 February - "Private Function" signs; and, while we were at the buffet to select food another group was seated at our previously-assigned small table.
The resort need to develop a fool-proof surge capacity plan.

DO NOT GIVE EMAIL ADDRESS - I am receiving junk email in Spanish!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mauricio M, General Manager at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Ro B,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Now Amber, it was our pleasure hosting you and are glad to hear that our staff provided a great level of service. Our resort welcomes guests and businesses from all over the world. Just like our guests can enjoy a private dinner for two on the beach or a bride can host her wedding party at a private cocktail so can a business group enjoy the resort. We do our best to ensure all of our guests feel welcomed and appreciate your feedback. Trust that we will be working on implementing a better course of action for food, beach towels etc. for when high occupancy takes place.

In regards to the emails mentioned. If you would no longer like to receive special offers please find the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of the email.

We thank you for your preference and hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed at the Now Amber side and were upgraded to prefered. Prefered has different liquor at all the bars. I loved the location and used the hot tub on the balcony. I had turn down service every night and no one bothered us about a time share. I ate at Secrets restaurants and used the pool at the Secrets side. The kids were allowed at Now, but no child was ever out of control, and I actually enjoyed the children, and music. The club was on the Now side. Secrets felt a Little stuffy and old......sorry. I would stay again on the Now Amber side. And we did go to have massages next door at Healing hands (25 bucks) also got a good facial and my nail polish changed. They wanted to charge 25 dollars to change nail colors at the spa, but next door it was only 5 dollars. Loved Himitsu restaurant. The french was okay....I loved Capers...

Chilliwack, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I would go again...I travelled alone and always felt safe and secure. I also had the best massage ever in the spa. The food was very tasty and plentiful. The location is good. My only negative is that there are better beaches if that's your thing.

Room Tip: All are ocean front.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This trip was for our 50th anniversary and it turned out great. The whole staff was attentive to our needs. The variety of restaurants were good choices for the resort. The choice to dine at the Secret restaurants was also a plus. Our only minor problem was trying to book the romantic dinner on the beach. The staff person said the payment was cash only. I can't understand why we were not able to use a credit card. So we didn't book the dinner.

Room Tip: Give the person at the check in desk your preferences immediately. They try their best to satisfy y...
Charles P,

Thank you for your review and your recent visit to Now Amber. It was our pleasure hosting your anniversary. We apologize for the challenge experienced when booking your romantic dinner. Allow me to confirm to you the following three ways our guests can go about their Romantic Dinners. The most convenient way to meet the balance of a memorable Romantic Dinner is by leaving a credit card on file at time of check in. Allowing a line of credit makes purchasing services from the Spa, wine, and the gift shop much more convenient. The other two methods are paying with a credit card or cash before the dinner takes place is also acceptable.
We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you and your bride to our beautiful resort to celebrate you many times in the near future.

Cordially,

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We travelled to Now Amber PV to attend the wedding of friends. We last travelled to PV 14 years ago and were not impressed at that time. We found things have changed over the years and in part because of this resort, we would definitely return.

Check in was fairly simple. If you are not into time share presentations, beware of the agent who will approach you right after check in to get your "coupons". A polite, no thank you worked just fine. Our bags were brought to us promptly. Our room itself was gorgeous, with a direct view of the ocean. We were on the 6th floor, and would recommend staying on the 5th floor or higher if you want a clear view. Beautiful jetted tub, and large separate shower, along with double sinks. Large bottles of toiletries were always replenished. Mini bar was tended to daily with Coronitas, soda and water. If you want extra Corona or a certain soda, leave a couple bucks in the fridge with a note and your wishes will be granted.

One of the best things at this resort was the choice of restaurants. My biggest complaint of all-inclusives is that I tire of the buffet by day 2. There are so many restaurants to choose for dinner, that we never ate at the buffet for dinner. Our favourites were the Italian (amazing tenderloin steak), and the French (on the Secrets side of the resort). Our server, Margarito in the Italian restaurant was the most kind, personable man. We were able to walk in and get a table for 2, and only 1 occasion we had to wait 10 mins for the Italian, and they brought us drinks while we waited. The only restaurant you did need a reservation for was the Japanese if you want to sit at the Hibachi table. We did go to this restaurant after a show without reservations and were able to order off the menu - sushi and meals. At lunch, there were plenty of options - Main buffet, snack bar at the pool offered burgers, hot dogs and pizza, also there was a small grill and buffet at the pool that offered salads, vegetables, meat and fish. There was also Castaways restaurant which overlooked the pool/beach for table service. We found the servers at this resort were above and beyond any other resort we have frequented. They were attentive, friendly and would go out of their way to make your meal exceptional. On two occasions, when were deciding between 2 different meals, they gave us a little of each (steak and fettucine - no problem!)

I must make mention of the Coco Cafe, which is a little coffee shop located behind the front desk area. They serve wonderful cappuccinos, lattes, and have pastries and tasty little sandwiches that you can pick up and go if you want a quick bite. There are also 2 computers in this cafe for complimentary internet use.

If you are looking for a great massage, go outside the hotel gates to the left on the street (about a 2 min walk from the hotel) and you will hit Healing Hands. For $25 we had an hour massage that was the best I have ever had. I would go back to this place in a heartbeat!

The activities at the resort were also good. We participated in pool activities, beach volleyball, and there was always a "crazy game" at 3:00 in the pool that gathered quite a crowd. The entertainment staff are very professional and courteous. We saw 1 evening show- The Circus show which was fairly good as well as a show by the pool one night which was mostly dancing and a band.

The beach was not as long as I would like, however we made sure to take several small walks a day. Water is pretty rough and not for swimming. Never had a problem finding a chair at the beach and loved not having to deal with the towel cards as towels were placed on the loungers. If you are looking for snorkelling or time in the water, we took a tour with Vallarta Adventures called Las Caletas. We saw so many whales on the catamaran going to the island, and had the opportunity to snorkel, kayak, and paddle board.

As you can see, I highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to come back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!