“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Amber Puerto Vallarta

You added Now Amber Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   David Alfaro Sisqueiros 164 | Col. Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Drayton Valley, Canada
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had an amazing time at this resort. A variety of restaurants, room service and buffets with fabulous menus. The beach wedding was beautiful, and the staff are amazing. Our servers at the pool were absolutely fantastic! Jorges and his cousin (I apologize I did not get his name) made our stay so comfortable, they remembered our orders, took time to get to know us and the children (there was more than 30 of us)! Jorges had made sure we had enough chairs, towels, drinks everyday! He even went out of his way to make my husband and a friend of ours the perfect BANANA MAMAS! (he'll remember us Canadians!!) rooms were perfect and well taken care of, although we did not spend much time in them! We miss you already Jorges!
Disco was fun, Comedian was great!
One barista could have been a little more friendly, but no other issues!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Thought the hotel was amazing. Had a lot of pools. The view of the ocean was amazing. The waiter in the carnival Antonio was awesome very friendly super nice person and the waiter Jorge on the pool side was amazing very friendly and a lot of fun. Miss the amazing people and resort

Room Tip: Ocean view room. Amazing view of the pools and ocean
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a week at the Now Amber and had an amazing time. A group of us stayed in the Preferred Club and check-in was relatively quick, and we had delicious drinks while doing so. The room itself was spacious, clean and well appointed. Bags came to the room quickly after getting the key - not much waiting for them! The housekeeping staff are great and do a terrific job. My room was always clean and turndown service was always done by the time I got back to my room after dinner.

The food at the resort was pretty decent. The buffet was great for breakfast, but kinda hit and miss for lunch and dinner. There was a buffet by the pools at lunch which was pretty good. The Italian and Mexican restaurants were great for dinner.

Be sure to be at the beach at 6pm to release turtles if they hatched that morning - So memorable! We had kids in our group and they just lit up when they were handed a turtle to release! We had to ask a few different staff members to find out if they were being released that evening (it's not every evening) but if it happens, it happens at the beach at 6pm. Look for the rage crowd!

Poolside. By far the best part of the resort experience!! Jorge took care of us all week. Far and away my favourite guy at the resort! He was alway smiling, joking and making sure we were well taken care of! He had loungers reserved for us by the pool every day and made sure everyone in our group had whatever they wanted. If you are lucky enough to stay at the resort with Jorge there, you will be well taken care of!! He's the best!

Evening entertainment was a little disappointing. There was one night where they had a magic show (which was a lot of fun!), but other than that there was really nothing going on (so I don't really feel too bad for crashing a wedding reception to watch an amazing fire dance show!).

Don't worry about getting massages at the resort. There are several options that are amazing and cheap just outside the gates.

I would come back in a heartbeat - None of us wanted to leave!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Camrose, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had our first family trip and it was fantastic!
Jorge took extra good care of us beside one of the pools, he was so good we stayed by that pool for the entire week!
The food was delicious in all the restaurants. The snack bar chef Thomas made our daughter quesadillas even though they aren't on the menu.
Our daughter really enjoyed the explorers club.
The rooms are very nice, they have a unique layout which I want to model our master bedroom after. The cleaning staff cleaned our room top to bottom every morning and turned down the beds every night.
The beach is well kept. The only problem is the riptide is quite strong, it was almost too much for me, it was too much for my wife and daughter. It actually took them both down and I had to pick them up. Not good for children.
Overall we had an amazing experience! I would recommend the Now Amber to anyone... and remember... Ask for Jorge!!

Stayed December 2013
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have traveled to many parts of Mexico and numerous resorts around the world, and this resort and staff are by far top notch. One waiter pool side name Jorge went out of his way all week to give exceptional over the top service. He looked to serve us, and we never had to look to for him. Highly recommend this server!!! We were here for a wedding and it was handled beautifully for the day, and the rest of the week was fantanstic. The restaurants were great and food was excellent. No complaints. The room, we had the swim out Perferred, and a nice room with nice touches such as sun tan lotion, tooth brushes, razor etc. Staff all over the resort are amazing!! Service is 5*+. Relaxing atmosphere with softer music playing and everyone visiting. There is room for all guests by the pools to relax and spend time with family and friends. If you prefer no children then the Secrets resort is next door, in which you can share all their amentities as well it is an adult only resort.

Room Tip: The swim out pools are amazing if you are looking for more time away from main pools, but still you...
Vanderhoof, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I travelled solo here in November of 2013. I was quite disappointed. Don't even know where to start. The time share sales pitch upon check in turned me off completely. I just got off a 6 hour flight, rushed thru customs and to the resort, I desperately needed to find a washroom and something to eat, and this guy wouldn't shut up about this meeting I should go to after I repeatedly told him I'm not interested. I finally stood up and walked away. My room was pretty good. There was a pile of dirt in my closet. I couldn't get hot water from the tap for the jacuzzi tub, so it filled with lukewarm water, and I could not figure out how to drain it. There is simply no way to open the drain, and I consider myself somewhat intelligent. There was a dirty old bamboo mat beside my bed that very much needed to see the garbage can. I kept thinking how many bare feet have walked on this dirty mat. There is one lobbby to hang out in, which is dimly lit, so you can't read in the evenings there. I almost stepped into the water pool along the floor because you can't tell if there is glass over it or not because of the lack of lighting. There is nowhere to hang out in the evening, just this one lobby and one bar, so it is noisy and croweded. This is not a resort. It is a hotel with a couple of pools. The beach is a complete disappointment. You need water shoes to get in the water, it is so rocky. There's a drop off close to shore so this is no good for kids to swim and/or people that can't swim. You cannot walk up and down the beach much. Maybe one minute one way and you hit a rock wall, and the other way, there's an abandoned resort and empty lots so the beach is dirty with some garbage and debris. The water at times was scummy and dirty looking so you don't want to go in much. I walked to the Malecon one morning down the beach, it takes about 1/2 hour. I was told it was safe, but when I reached the 2 or 3 tents of homeless looking people, I did not feel safe. One time I was in the lobby, and I left to go to my room, passing the bar with my drink which was in a plastic cup and was stopped because I had to pour my drink into another plastic cup in order to leave the lobby. In a 5 Star Resort? are you kidding me! The buffet has very good food, but its the only place for breakfast, so you eat the same food for 7 days. The coffee was always lukewarm and there's only milk no cream for it. The Shopping Village consists of 3 overpriced little shops and a very expensive jewellry shop. The only great thing was the staff was so friendly. What beautiful people work here (except the guy upon check in). I would not return here ever, what a disappointment for what I paid. I will go to Nuevo Vallarta as I've been there before. Do not recommed this place at all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Mauricio M, General Manager at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Ennovy2013,

We are always interested in our valued guests feedback, thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and the TripAdvisor community.

The sensitivity of the Unlimited Vacations Club staff member towards your needs is not indicative of the high customer service level we expect you to receive. Please know that our guests are welcomed to decline any further information about UVC and their program at any time of the conversation.

We encourage our guests to please contact their front desk whenever they have any questions or concerns about the resort, their suites or the appliances therein. Our friendly and courteous staff will always do their best to assist our guests. Please know that the customer service described herein does not come close to the standards and values we hold and apologize that you were subjected to it.

Our beautiful open air lobby is architecturally endowed in every direction. Although our water mirrors and platforms can be distinguished easily one can be distracted by the beauty of the sunset or another well-appointed area of the lobby we ask our guests to please watch their step. When leaving the lobby our staff may ask kindly to pour your beverage into a disposable cup with your safety in mind. Our guest’s wellbeing is very important to us.

It is rewarding to know that after your check in the remainder of the staff made your stay a more enjoyable one.
We appreciate your preference and regret that we did not live up to your expectations and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Respectfully,

Mauricio Martinez
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We went to Now Amber in September with a group of 8 and an 15 month year old. We upgraded to swim out suites, which was the best way to go! The staff was very kind and attentive, especially to the 15 month old. Early in the trip, we attended the tequila tasting with Gustavo and learned (and bought!) a bunch. For the rest of the trip, Gustavo made sure we were taken good care of! He always brought us 'the drink of the day' and made sure we were having a good time.

The food was good, and there were always activities going on that we could participate in.

We took a couple trips to get into town to go to lunch one day at Pipi's (super fun!) and dinner another night at Vista Grill (delicious!). Cabs were reasonable and easy to come by.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!