My family stayed at Now Amber 21-26 July. It was my sister, her boyfriend, my husband and our 2 kids (ages 7 & 17mths). The rooms were nice and were kept clean on a daily basis. Even though the weather was a bit rainy we still got to enjoy the pool and beach. Housekeeping was good and the poolside waiters were excellent. We have stayed a Dreams resort in Cancun before and I still prefer Dreams better. Chose this resort b/c amenities seemed similar to that of Dreams
Here are the following issues that we had:
1. the organized events were not very well organized. I.e. morning yoga. The location was not specific so we were late to it. Pool activities were on time only 50% of the time.
2. Food was lacking and restaurants that did take kids always put you outside with the heat, bugs, and birds. Thought this was a family friendly resort.
3. Dress code at some restaurants was unreasonable for men. They would rather a man where some old raggedy jeans than a nice pair of linen/silk shorts. That needs to be modified.
4. Transportation to outside excursions was lacking. At previous resorts we stayed at (Dreams, RIU, Sandals, Beaches) they arranged for your transportation to offsite excursions. We had to find a taxi that really did not have enough room for all of us.
5. The evening entertainment was in conjunction with Secrets next door. The entertainment was ok but the venue/area was lacking. Suggestion: a more accommodating area for entertainment b/c the theatre used was not good for kids to be able to see the performances. Additionally having entertainment in area where you can have drinks (waiters) would be a plus.
I would like to commend the event personnel with assisting us with an unruly individual that was irate about her sits that were taken by the pool that she had 'saved' 2+hours earlier with towels provided by the resort. She felt that favoritism was being given to Americans. But the event planner explained to her that sits could not be saved for no more than 20min (she claimed to have saved them at 9am and did not come back until 2+ hours later) and to use more personal items to save sits not just resort towels.
Glad that we choose to stay in the preferred club rooms b/c there was always appetizers available the the staff were very accommodating.
All in all we had a pretty good time.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Now Amber Puerto Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.