“Fantastic Resort (Stayed 6-17-13 to 6-26-13)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Amber Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Now Amber Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   David Alfaro Sisqueiros 164 | Col. Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #8 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Fontana, California
“Fantastic Resort (Stayed 6-17-13 to 6-26-13)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Ok, where do I begin? My wife and I pulled up in front of the resort and were very impressed. Everybody is so nice and the service is awesome. Everywhere you go in the resort, all the staff members are saying, "It's a pleasure it's a pleasure." And it truly is their pleasure. The rooms are fantastic. They are also huge and romantic. We loved the walk-in shower and the jetted jacuzzi tub. We got upgraded to a ocean view room and the view truly was spectacular. Housekeeping comes twice a day so your room is always nice and clean. They leave incense sticks in the bathroom for you to light which has a wonderful aroma. Light it up while you soak yourself in the jacuzzi.

The restaurants are great but they did not impress me because we stayed at Dreams Riviera Maya last August in Cancun and it is part of the same company (AMResorts) which means all the same named restaurants and menus. The people at the lobby bar are always attentive with providing drinks.

The pool I thought was a bit small but it was nice with a small swim up bar. It would tend to get a bit crowded at times. Fernando at the swim-up bar was awesome each and every day with providing us with non-stop drinks.

It rained for about 4 or 5 days during our stay but it wasn't all day. It would rain around 4pm to 5pm and then stop after a while. There were about 4 BIG Thunder Storms and Lightning Storms at night which was a bit scary if you've never experienced one before. There was a lot of wind and it felt like a hurricane was coming but by morning it was nice, hot, and sunny again.

Basically this is a fantastic newer resort and you can't go wrong. People have left negative reviews but they are probably just very picky. You can put someone in a 5 star resort for free and they still would have something negative to say because you can't satisfy everyone all the time. Come on, you're on vacation....make the best of it and don't look for things to nit-pick on.

We did venture outside of the resort so let me quickly mention what we did before I end the review. If you are on a budget and want to get a massage done, then do not use the hotel spa because they will charge you $205 to $270 for a massage. Instead, go out of the gate of the resort and immediately make a left and in just a few steps there are about 6 massage spots that you can choose from. The average rate is about $20 to $25 for 75 minutes which isn't bad at all. You can get Hot Stones done for about $40. We hit up one on our 3rd day at the resort and then we went back again the morning of our flight....we had to get one more for the road cause it was so damn cheap and worth it.

We got tired of the Resort food quite quickly as we had already experienced it before so we went to a Mexican place about 10 minutes from the resort called Pipi's and it was awesome. This is more of a Tex-Mex restaurant like we get in the states but it was an awesome experience and great margaritas and food. We went to a tiny "hole in the wall" authentic mexican restaurant just down the street from the hotel on the main street called "Mi Puebilito" and it was awesome food. The fajitas were delicious. We also went to The Boardwalk which is about 5 to 10 minutes in the taxi or about 45 minutes walking. You have to visit this place if you go as it is beautiful. We ate at a little Pizza joint at The Boardwalk called Pinocchio Pizzeria (yes, just like the Disney cartoon) and it was one of the best pizzas we had ever had. If you are a pizza lover then you got to try this place out. And last, if you need to get some laundry done before you leave then do not use the resorts laundry facilities as it is quite expensive. When you go left outside of the resorts gates you will come up almost immediately to a strip center which is across the street from the OXXO convenient store. This is where most of the massage parlors are at. In this strip center there is a Laundry Facility and they do a great job. You don't even have to wait there for your clothes. You drop off your clothes as you would at the Dry Cleaners and they tell you to come back in about 4 or 5 hours to pick your clothes back up. They wash and dry it and even fold it and bag it up for you. They charge you by the weight but we had given them a decent amount of clothes and they charged us 50 pesos which is about $4 so not bad.

Anyways, this is my review of the resort and some of the places around it. The resort is fantastic and so is the location. You do not feel trapped inside the resort as you are able to venture out and go places that are nearby. And remember all the places that I mentioned are within 5 minutes walking but I would recommend taking a taxi to Pipi's Mexican Restaurant and also to The Boardwalk. Have a great time on your vacation as I did.....next year it is Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

929 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Just finishing up a stay at this resort. I can't wat to fly out of here tomorrow! Let me give you the details.
1. The room smells like mildew
2. All of my clothes me vitamins were damp all the time in the room. Had to throw out my vitamins because I left them o. The counter and the moisture killed them. When you get in bed, it feels damp which is gross.
3. I am a private person and had read the reviews about things being stolen for the rooms and even from the safe so I kept all my valuables with me all the time. They told me to leave the red light button on Outside the room and no one would come in. Well the cleaning staff came into my room twice even though the light was always left on. My suitcase had been opened, I guess she was scrounging for money or something. When I called the front desk, the guy said the cleaning lady said the light wasn't on. When I told him the light was on all while we were here and was on right now outside the room. His response was "sorry". Lucky for me my cash was on me the whole time.
4. The food in just average and one of our party salad sick for two days off the food. I was just careful what I ate so I didn't get sick
5. Music and loud people all day and I to the night so if you're looking for a little peace and quiet, this is not the place!
6. The beach where you enter the ocean is so rocky you can't walk in Barefoot. And the waves are so extreme I just didn't chance it and neither did a lot of other people. Everyone stayed In the po except a few daring people
There are sooooo many other places to go that are better.

• Stayed June 2013
Valley View
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is the nicest resort my husband and I have ever stayed!!! The room was incredible. Loved the walk in shower, jacuzzi tub, and the bed was very comfortable. It was super clean and they kept the fridge well stocked. The view was beautiful. The restaurants were Excellent! The buffet was great for breakfast and lunch but didn't care too much for dinner. The best part of the buffet was Nayley. She was always there to greet us with a huge smile and she remember our names after our first visit. Loved her! Then there was Israel at the pool bar. Great bartender!!!! Seemed happy all the time. All the staff were really hard working, warm and friendly but these two really stood out. We booked our trip through Cheap Caribbean and our representative was Felipe. He helped us with our excursions and anything else we needed. He was always available and ready to help. The resort is within walking distance of downtown about 20 min. If too far the bus stops nearby. This is a beautiful romantic resort and I highly recommend it! My only complaint is that when we got there we were immediately approached about going to a presentation to purchase a vacation membership. (Another name for timeshare). We made the mistake of going and didn't think we would ever get away. 90 min turns into 3 hrs. This will however get you a discount on excursion tickets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just returned from a very relaxing mid week vacation to Puerto Vallarta. We chose the Now Amber based on proximity to the Malecon and the fact that the resort was new. Having traveled previously to both Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta, I can say I was pleasantly surprised by the Now Amber Resort and Spa. In the past you would have to book a stay in Nuevo Vallarta to stay in a "new" resort...but this has now changed with the NOW amber resort. This resort is
1) Safe and Secure (as in very tight security at the very front gate and also as you leave each time being asked your name and room number, plus they have their own taxi service with very new cars)
2) Ultra modern resort with all the attention you remember from previous stays in Vallarta (if you've stayed in other resorts you know what I am talking about)
3) Friendly staff that remember your name and try to make your experience a memorable one.

I am positive that the resort will only get better and better with time. We traveled during low season and we still got first class attention at all the bars, restaurants and pools we visited.
The poolside staff is by far the most hard working staff there is .... I am sure most people agree especially when they are the ones bringing you drink after drink after drink....

The rooms were ultra modern, however my only gripe....was I noticed that our sheets felt a bit not fresh....borderline musty each night (i know they change them nightly)...but that must be due to the humidity...we didn't complain at all, just wanted to point that out. We tipped the cleaning staff daily upon leaving our room for the day and each night it was nice and tidy! mini fridge filled daily with drinks water and beer...i even asked for additional waters vs soda and they oblidged!

The highlight of the trip was the lobby bar and the nightly sunset we witnessed each night as our server brought us drink after drink after drink.....if you get a chance please make it a point to view the sunset from either the lobby bar at NOW or SECRETS....you will not be disappointed!

If you are looking for an affordable ultra modern resort with all the amenities you are use to in an all inclusive then this resort is for you!!

We booked thru Expedia and received a great upgrade offer plus resort coupons that we put to good use !

My party will definitely come back here ! ! !

P.S I did not do the hotel tour and "timeshare" shpeel .... i'm to seasoned for that trap. ;)

P.P.S in the event at check out your flight leaves later than the "check-out" time, they will work with you to offer a hospitality suite to shower and get ready for your flight....plus unlike other resorts there are no wristbands so they will let you relax and keep enjoying food and drinks after your checkout time......if you absolutely need the room, it's 10 bucks per hour after noon checkout.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I went with Family & Friends a group of 10. For my bday.

Having a group of 10 could have been hectic but this resort accomodated and made us feel right at home everywhere we went.

Prior to booking this resort I read a lot of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Most were good, some were fair. Well scratch that....this resort was EXCELLENT!!! I did upgrade when I booked to preferred status. I LOVED every minute of my stay. The rooms were beautiful, very modern. The service was outstanding from each and every staff member! Ali at the beach was so sweet and helpful not to mention HANDSOME. I must say I am hooked. If all NOW resorts are like this then I do not need to look any further.

The food was good there were lots to choose from. Breakfast was a buffet. I am not a huge breakfast person so take my opinion lightly. But my lunches and dinners were very good. THere were many different places to choose from and if you are not traveling with children you can go over to Secrets resort and try their resturants as well. Which was very good also.

All in all this was a much needed and fun vacation and having such great staff and accomodations was the icing on my bday cake!!!

I highly reccommend this place. Granted outside the resort is a lil scetchy but the resorts security and stafe always make sure you are safe and secure. We left the resort for a bit and to get back in was a secure process which made me happy as well.

Oh FYI if you plan to do tours get them at the Hotel this way you will not be taken advantage of . Lots of ppl on the beach will try to sell you tours for less but work with the hotel they will try to match or beat that price jsut so you get what you are paying for and not be taken advantage of.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to Preferred not sure how the regular rooms are but preferred rooms were GREAT...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dodge City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We were taken care of from the time we arrived. The beach is smooth and beautiful, every room has a stunning full view of the ocean. Housekeeping for our stay was a bit spotty, had to phone housekeeping late in the day twice to get our room made up. Somehow we kept getting skipped. The staff all are smiling, happy, and seem genuinely pleased to assist you. We did not use the Spa, but wife received a wonderful massage for about 1/3 rd the price just outside the main gate at Healing Hands. While the Carnival buffet is a terrific breakfast spot, I would suggest avoiding it for any other meals...ver inconsistent food. We enjoyed Castaways for casual lunches and dinner, and food was perfect each time. Highlight of our resort dining experiences had to be Himitsu. We made reservations for the Teppanyka table, and while our chef wasn't as proficient of a showman as we observed at other tables, he was personable and the food was exquisite! In the evenings, the atmosphere is stunningly romantic. However, we learned that we had booked the "family friendly" side of the resort...which translates into LOTS of kids in June. Next time, we'll book the Secrets side of the resort that is children free.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Six of us stayed at this resort. Two families (four adults, two children). The grounds are beautiful, everything is very clean, the food is great, there are good choices for variety of restaurants. The dress code isn't necessary but they do enforce it (long pants and collars for men). Beni at the preferred club was so nice and helpful and Antonio at Carnival was great. All the staff were very friendly! Every single room has a ocean view, even the garden view rooms. The garden view are the first few floors and the ocean view are the higher ones - all are awesome. We stayed at the preferred club but honestly the extra perks really aren't worth the extra cost because the entire resort has such good amenities - really don't worry about spending the extra money and use the difference to tip the great staff.

Room Tip: Every room has an ocean view. Really, every room is awesome and the preferred club just isn't n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!