“Awesome Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Amber Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Now Amber Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   David Alfaro Sisqueiros 164 | Col. Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #8 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Valley View
“Awesome Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is the nicest resort my husband and I have ever stayed!!! The room was incredible. Loved the walk in shower, jacuzzi tub, and the bed was very comfortable. It was super clean and they kept the fridge well stocked. The view was beautiful. The restaurants were Excellent! The buffet was great for breakfast and lunch but didn't care too much for dinner. The best part of the buffet was Nayley. She was always there to greet us with a huge smile and she remember our names after our first visit. Loved her! Then there was Israel at the pool bar. Great bartender!!!! Seemed happy all the time. All the staff were really hard working, warm and friendly but these two really stood out. We booked our trip through Cheap Caribbean and our representative was Felipe. He helped us with our excursions and anything else we needed. He was always available and ready to help. The resort is within walking distance of downtown about 20 min. If too far the bus stops nearby. This is a beautiful romantic resort and I highly recommend it! My only complaint is that when we got there we were immediately approached about going to a presentation to purchase a vacation membership. (Another name for timeshare). We made the mistake of going and didn't think we would ever get away. 90 min turns into 3 hrs. This will however get you a discount on excursion tickets.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

948 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just returned from a very relaxing mid week vacation to Puerto Vallarta. We chose the Now Amber based on proximity to the Malecon and the fact that the resort was new. Having traveled previously to both Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta, I can say I was pleasantly surprised by the Now Amber Resort and Spa. In the past you would have to book a stay in Nuevo Vallarta to stay in a "new" resort...but this has now changed with the NOW amber resort. This resort is
1) Safe and Secure (as in very tight security at the very front gate and also as you leave each time being asked your name and room number, plus they have their own taxi service with very new cars)
2) Ultra modern resort with all the attention you remember from previous stays in Vallarta (if you've stayed in other resorts you know what I am talking about)
3) Friendly staff that remember your name and try to make your experience a memorable one.

I am positive that the resort will only get better and better with time. We traveled during low season and we still got first class attention at all the bars, restaurants and pools we visited.
The poolside staff is by far the most hard working staff there is .... I am sure most people agree especially when they are the ones bringing you drink after drink after drink....

The rooms were ultra modern, however my only gripe....was I noticed that our sheets felt a bit not fresh....borderline musty each night (i know they change them nightly)...but that must be due to the humidity...we didn't complain at all, just wanted to point that out. We tipped the cleaning staff daily upon leaving our room for the day and each night it was nice and tidy! mini fridge filled daily with drinks water and beer...i even asked for additional waters vs soda and they oblidged!

The highlight of the trip was the lobby bar and the nightly sunset we witnessed each night as our server brought us drink after drink after drink.....if you get a chance please make it a point to view the sunset from either the lobby bar at NOW or SECRETS....you will not be disappointed!

If you are looking for an affordable ultra modern resort with all the amenities you are use to in an all inclusive then this resort is for you!!

We booked thru Expedia and received a great upgrade offer plus resort coupons that we put to good use !

My party will definitely come back here ! ! !

P.S I did not do the hotel tour and "timeshare" shpeel .... i'm to seasoned for that trap. ;)

P.P.S in the event at check out your flight leaves later than the "check-out" time, they will work with you to offer a hospitality suite to shower and get ready for your flight....plus unlike other resorts there are no wristbands so they will let you relax and keep enjoying food and drinks after your checkout time......if you absolutely need the room, it's 10 bucks per hour after noon checkout.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I went with Family & Friends a group of 10. For my bday.

Having a group of 10 could have been hectic but this resort accomodated and made us feel right at home everywhere we went.

Prior to booking this resort I read a lot of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Most were good, some were fair. Well scratch that....this resort was EXCELLENT!!! I did upgrade when I booked to preferred status. I LOVED every minute of my stay. The rooms were beautiful, very modern. The service was outstanding from each and every staff member! Ali at the beach was so sweet and helpful not to mention HANDSOME. I must say I am hooked. If all NOW resorts are like this then I do not need to look any further.

The food was good there were lots to choose from. Breakfast was a buffet. I am not a huge breakfast person so take my opinion lightly. But my lunches and dinners were very good. THere were many different places to choose from and if you are not traveling with children you can go over to Secrets resort and try their resturants as well. Which was very good also.

All in all this was a much needed and fun vacation and having such great staff and accomodations was the icing on my bday cake!!!

I highly reccommend this place. Granted outside the resort is a lil scetchy but the resorts security and stafe always make sure you are safe and secure. We left the resort for a bit and to get back in was a secure process which made me happy as well.

Oh FYI if you plan to do tours get them at the Hotel this way you will not be taken advantage of . Lots of ppl on the beach will try to sell you tours for less but work with the hotel they will try to match or beat that price jsut so you get what you are paying for and not be taken advantage of.

Room Tip: If you can upgrade to Preferred not sure how the regular rooms are but preferred rooms were GREAT...
Dodge City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We were taken care of from the time we arrived. The beach is smooth and beautiful, every room has a stunning full view of the ocean. Housekeeping for our stay was a bit spotty, had to phone housekeeping late in the day twice to get our room made up. Somehow we kept getting skipped. The staff all are smiling, happy, and seem genuinely pleased to assist you. We did not use the Spa, but wife received a wonderful massage for about 1/3 rd the price just outside the main gate at Healing Hands. While the Carnival buffet is a terrific breakfast spot, I would suggest avoiding it for any other meals...ver inconsistent food. We enjoyed Castaways for casual lunches and dinner, and food was perfect each time. Highlight of our resort dining experiences had to be Himitsu. We made reservations for the Teppanyka table, and while our chef wasn't as proficient of a showman as we observed at other tables, he was personable and the food was exquisite! In the evenings, the atmosphere is stunningly romantic. However, we learned that we had booked the "family friendly" side of the resort...which translates into LOTS of kids in June. Next time, we'll book the Secrets side of the resort that is children free.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Six of us stayed at this resort. Two families (four adults, two children). The grounds are beautiful, everything is very clean, the food is great, there are good choices for variety of restaurants. The dress code isn't necessary but they do enforce it (long pants and collars for men). Beni at the preferred club was so nice and helpful and Antonio at Carnival was great. All the staff were very friendly! Every single room has a ocean view, even the garden view rooms. The garden view are the first few floors and the ocean view are the higher ones - all are awesome. We stayed at the preferred club but honestly the extra perks really aren't worth the extra cost because the entire resort has such good amenities - really don't worry about spending the extra money and use the difference to tip the great staff.

Room Tip: Every room has an ocean view. Really, every room is awesome and the preferred club just isn't n...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

10 of us stayed at the Now Amber preferred club and the concierge made sure we were all on the same floor. The service was superb, Beni and Nicholas made the best drinks. Fernando gave us the special shots and kept the drinks coming, he even went above and beyond and helped us move umbrellas to our area. Antonio took care of us at breakfast at the buffet.The food at the restaurants was delicious. We tried the Mexican, Japanese, Seafood, and the Market Cafe at the Secrets resorts. Felipe, with olympus tours, was the best, he made sure we booked the excursions we wanted and stayed late while we made arrangements. He always met us before we left and ensure we had water and arrived at our destination. Thanks Now Amber for making our vacation an experience to remember forever

Room Tip: preferred club is the way to go, we wish we would have had the swim out pool...next time we will get...
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having stayed at other Now and Secrets resorts, we already knew what to expect from the way of food and beverage service. It's all top shelf and the restaurants are all top notch. The location of the resort is absolutely perfect, 15-20 min from the Airport depending on traffic and only a 20 min casual walk to the downtown area of PV. The property itself is situated perfectly so that when you get to the check in area, all you see is ocean and not another resort on either side (see photos).

The property is split in two parts, the Now on the North side and the Secrets on the South side. We knew that they were attached properties so paying extra for the Secrets/Adults only side didn't make much sense to us seeing as how you share all the restaurants in the complex. Something to make note of in case your looking for a true adults only experience. We also didn't care because of the time of year we traveled and didn't expect to see many children at the Now side (which we didn't).

Check in was smooth but the room wasn't ready due to our early arrival so we just changed into our bathing suits and went to the beach for the afternoon. The beach area is nice for long walks but the locals selling on the beach is about the worst of any beach resort I've been to in Mexico. The staff even let some come up all they way onto the decking area close to the pool to try and sell the tourists. I know they can't stop them from using the public beach but on the AM Property itself? It can from time to time harsh your calm.

If you haven't been to the AM Resort chain yet, don't get fooled into their 'time share' program. It's not a time share but a club where you pay, in advance, for the possibility of saving on future stays. You are only supposed to be in a presentation for 90 minutes, which for us turned into almost 2.5 hours. The money they say you save is based on their 'inflated' nightly rate, which I have never paid at one of their resorts ever (I have stayed at 5 different AM Properties). Paying in advance for stays guaranteed to be better than the standard nightly rate I would do. You do get a resort credit for the time you spend with the sales staff; so you'll have to weigh the value of the wasted half day for yourself.

A recommendation to AM Resorts: Put together a decent repeat customer program since I can't believe I'm the only person that really likes the Secrets and Now Resort chain philosophy. They do know what they are doing when it comes to providing a good travel experience. On our last day, our server Javier presented us with a 'so long' dessert (see photo) after breakfast that was really nice and unexpected. Totally recommend the Now Amber PV!

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views,,, no need to upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!