“great holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Amber Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Now Amber Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   David Alfaro Sisqueiros 164 | Col. Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Hot Hot Hot Savings!
Ranked #8 of 119 hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Calgary, Canada
“great holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

love it, great for kid(7 year old), great food, great service, dont miss the sushi restaurant.
enjoyed the prefered club breakfeast, benni at the bar and Adriana for evening concierge.
and we had Nancy from kid club babysitting our daughter when we went out one night, she was
great too.
will consider going again

Room Tip: really enjoyed the prefered club
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

948 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (409)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I booked this vacation as we needed a break from busy lives. Now Amber provided us with just what we needed to relax and unwind. I had read many of the reviews on this site so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect. I will start by saying that yes, the time share sales staff is highly aggressive. I made it clear from the time of arrival that I was checking in and had no intentions of taking their tour. They then left us alone until two days prior to our leaving when Gina called our room. My husband did stop by the desk to speak with her. She scheduled a "romantic dinner" on the beach for us. When my husband attempted to cancel, she told us that it was too late and that we would be responsible for the 200.00 charge. I simply told her that this was unacceptable and that she could take it up with my credit card company. We never received the charge. Do not feel pressured by these individuals. You are on vacation and obligated to no one!
The hotel itself is beautiful! Everything was lovely and clean. We had a gorgeous room on the fifth floor. The view was wonderful although we did not have a clear edge to our patio and standing was required to see the view. There are approvimately 6 rooms like this on the fifth floor. We tipped our maid daily and she took exceptional care of us. We also tipped the gentleman who stocked our refrigerator on the day of our arrival and asked that he return freguently. He accepted the tip and we never saw him again. When I needed the refrigerator stocked, I would stop at the front desk or call room service and it was always taken care of. As far as location, the hotel does not have any excitement in close proximity. We did walk back from town once, but it was a long walk and we did not feel entirely safe. We grabbed taxis and it was a 6.00 ride each way. The vendors in the city were also very aggressive and made site-seeing less enjoyable as well.
The food. We did not enjoy the food as much as some others have commented. It was typical all inclusive food. The restaurants were generally slow and service not fabulous. Also, it is required that men wear collared shirts and pants in the restaraunts which is ridiculous when you are on vacation at the beach. We tended to eat at the buffet or the cove outside where the fish tacos were pretty awesome. We also tended to order room service which was faster and tastier. We also ate poolside on several occassions which was also fun.
The service. Overall, the Now Amber staff was fabulous. The service in the lobby bar as well as the servers at the pool could not have been better. Gustavo, you are the best! He was always poolside with a fresh drink or food without having to order! We did make sure to tip all of the wait staff in the hotel as well as at the pool. These people work hard without great salaries and we made sure to reward them for their efforts. I did not see many others doing this but keep in mind that you are paying for your hotel, food and flight when you book an all-inclusive. You are not paying for service.
I cannot say that I will return to this hotel again but it was a lovely, relaxing stay. I will also mention that the beds were comfortable and we slept with the patio doors open every night! If we do decide to return, most likely we would stay on the Secret side, which is the exact replica of Now Amber but it is for adults only. The walls are thin and we had a crying baby for the last two nights.
The beach. Not fabulous. The beach was rocky and not what I have experienced previously in PV. It is short and not much length for walking. Also, the vendors are ruthless and will not leave you alone. Families seemed to be spending the majority of their time at the pools which were all lovely.
I felt that this was a nice hotel for the value and can recommend it as long as you are not expecting too much in the way of food. Our vacation was very relaxing and that was the desired goal!

Room Tip: fifth floor has some rooms that have a wall at the end of the balcony that you cannot see over witho...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Food was very nice, service was excellent. I felt some pressure with reps trying to sell time shares or vacations (I felt that I was constantly trying to avoid them- somewhat annoying ) Rooms are nice but are showing wear & tear which is not good for a resort only one year in business.
Desires dance club seems to need some energy. The club is nice looking, but the staff seems to expect the guests to do it on their own. The evening format is all hip-hot & euro beat, and the in house DJ says nothing all night.
Mabe I'm sounding bias, but I've been a DJ for many years, and my saying is when in doubt....take requests, read the crowd and create energy!
Other than that- they are trying, but let us approach you for time shares and future vacations.

• Stayed April 2013
Crown Point
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

ended up there [4-16 thru 4-23]on a square deal and was better then expected.been to about 20 ai's mexico and caribbean.food: was above average,bar: average,service: excellant,room: very nice once i got in what type of room i requested.the beach was awful,full of rocks and that is why i would not return[i am a beach person]. it was nice being able to go to the secrets side after 6pm[bar and restraunt use].i would recommend the amber,between the service and the food,it made for a good trip.

Room Tip: high floor
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great location, the hotel was beautiful, staff was excellent, rooms were nice, food was good like always you just want a good pizza when you get home but lots of good choices. Drinks were some of the best. The only downfall was the beach was hard to walk and very rocky.

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean view
Bellefontaine, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My title is in reference to a recent negative review. I seriously wonder if they stayed at the same hotel I did. I stayed the 15th thru the 19th as part of a large group (150+people). The resort is just beautiful with everything in close proximity. Rooms are lovely with great views (i was on 6th floor)
FOOD- The Carnival is the place for breakfast and is large, brightly lit with an amazing abundance of food from traditional breakfast items, fresh bakery products, bagel toppings bar, large selection of fruit, granola bar, at least 4 yougarts (loved the Mango), my gosh what else could you ask for. It's possible the writer was refering to the small food bar in the preferred sectioin that is meant to provide a small selection of nibbles if you don't want to go over to the Carnvial. The food was overal very good- ranged from ok to awesome (French restaurant- yummy), Once in a while something was not as warm as it could be but generally that wasn't a problem. Lunch options included the Carnival (large selection- some choices extremely tastey), with many people just covering their swimwuits to enter, Castaways by the ocean with great fish tacos, and pool food, with grilled items readily available (just ok) and a good sized buffet of Mexican choices put out about 2pm. You could also go to the coffee shop, with quick breakfast items in morning (pastries, yougart etc), and sandwiches and goodies the rest of the day (loved the apple strudel). Other reviewers have thorughly covered the wide Dinner choices. I went on the optional Kitchen Tour and was impressed by their sanitation (all fruits and vegs that will be served raw are rinsed in a santizing wash), and other efforts for food safety (meats, veggies, fruits etc are each prepared in their own special temperature controlled chilled rooms). I also learned (and saw) that all bakery products are baked from scratch on site. We did room service twice once for mid day snacks and once for midnight pizza. It all was good and served hot in less than 30 minutes.

ACTIVITES- The kitchen tour (guide was cheerful and helpful) was the only day activity I participated in (only 5 of us went on it) but the daily newsletter had a wide list of scheduled options, IF you take advantage of them.

STAFF- VERY FRIENDLY AND WELCOMING.- They never appeared confused to me at all. They were consistantly warm and welcoming even when we were in large group gatherings when they were clearly not expecting tips. They did need more bartneders at the pool bar, as they were often overwhelmed and take a while to fill orders.. Although they were very hard working, tipping did add a little extra cheerfulness to their demeanor. Tipping is especially appropriate at dinners and when one server is extensively helping you at the pool or beach. The staff seemed to make an extra effort to be engaging in their interaction with children. I would not hesitate to bring children here.

Other than the pool bar issues, the other opportunity area is consistant maid service. The maid service is not in sync with the high standards set for the rest of the resort. Day 1 room looked great, prompt turn down service. Day 2 room not made up till late in afternoon, prompt turn down service, Day 3 room not made up till after 6 pm so turndown sevice was done at same time. Day 4 they came by mid afternoon when we were in the room and gave us extra towels and we never saw them again- no maid service at all.. It was not a major inconvenience but clearly didn't fit with the standards clearly set for the rest of the resort.

Would not hesitate to highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views- upper floors have much less pool noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

First I want to start off by saying..It's a vacation people!! Your not on any time just relax and enjoy! I can't understand the complaints some people have. I stayed here for 7 nights w my wife, and had a blast! There was some sort of entertainment around the pool through out the day nothing major but enough to just keep you busy! There is a show every night, again nothing spectacular but entertaining nonetheless you can tell the entertainment staff really do try! Unfortunately not many people go to the night show for one reason or another! Yet we see complaints about it on trip advisor! The food was good, the breakfast buffet has pretty much anything you would want for breakfast starting from cereal to omlet stations, waffles, pancakes, meats, and bagels! I mean really what more would you want for breakfast! The lunch was limited but they did put a buffet by the pool everyday along with the carnival buffet and castaway open everyday for lunch! Decent food not the best but still very good! Dinner was also fine! All the places I went to for dinner had no wait no lines and the food was good! The rib eye steak at castaway was decent! The steak at capers w the butter garlic sauce was really good! The staff really does try and work really hard! I did tip here and there didn't notice any change in service! Now most people that complain the tip is an expectation my only rebuttal to that is ( and I was guilty of this as well) when you see the staff working hard and other tipping it just make me feel guilty that I didn't tip! Don't make that about the staff when it's on us! My advise for people thinking about choosing this resort... Do it! Just remember its a vacation unwind relaxant enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!