“Best all inclusive resort I have ever been to!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Amber Puerto Vallarta

You added Now Amber Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   David Alfaro Sisqueiros 164 | Col. Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings up 40%
Ranked #13 of 122 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
GreenLeadersGold level
Quebec City, Canada
“Best all inclusive resort I have ever been to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went to this hotel for a week in January 2013 with my boyfriend and we loved it. It was such a relaxing place. The resort was always pristine clean, the food was beyond excellent and the service was perfect. Check in was so easy as we were welcomed with a cold towel and sparkling wine. We had a room located on the 11th floor, facing the beautiful sea. Don't bother upgrade your room to have ocean view as all rooms are facing the sea the way the hotel is designed.

The hotel location was very convenient, just a 6 US $ taxi ride to go to the Malecon or a 15-20 min. brisk walk. The beach is not as nice as on the East coast, but if you enjoy bathing in the waves and if you have water shoes, swimming is fun. I especially liked the proximity between the pool and the ocean which are juste next to each other.

I really enjoyed my vacation at Now Amber PV. Wether we ordered room service for snacks in the afternoon or breakfast, or we ordered drinks and snacks at the beach, or at any restaurant, we were always welcomed with respected like preferred guests.

Room Tip: Rooms on the eleventh floor had a beautiful view on the ocean. Don't bother upgrading for a ocea...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
Quesnel, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Loved this resort. The food was great and not having to book for the restraunts was the best. Room was lovely, we stayed in a junior suite in the preferred section. When we go back we would probably just stay in a regular room as they are just as nice with ocean views on the higher floors. That being said we will miss Benny in the mornings, he was amazing and an asset to the resort. Beach service was also quick and they were all pleasant especially Jose who was the best. All of the staff is very friendly and accomodating. We had a late flight and still had access to the whole resort with a half hour time to shower and get ready to leave, very nice. The entertainment staff was the best that I have seen on a resort. Any negatives I have are not worth mentioning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Mayville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was not our first pick from our travel agent. After reading TA our travel agents first pick Barcelona was failing in reviews we made a change to Now. Best des ion ever! We stayed from feb24-march 3. We stay on preferred side sixth floor.
Check was a breeze. Greeted with cool wash clothes and chilled champagne. We were taken promptly over to the referred side and was shown time fresh sandwiches and salads and desserts and much more. Less then ten minutes we were in our room and bags arrived within minutes. We were showed our room in full details. Was nice to know what light stwiches went were!
Rooms was clean and no musty smells like most hotels. View from room is outstanding.there are no rooms with bad views! You can't miss the beautiful sunsets. We watched dolphins play and whales right from the balcony. Our room was right next to elevator. We never once heard it. Was wonderful to hear ocean all night. Our refrigerator was stocked everyday. Asked for more of one brand of soda and they remembered all week! Left extra snacks for us Also.showers were also nice and hot. Bath tub on Porch was ok. No real privacy and when you sit outside and the room next door tub abuts yours, it's rather uncomfortable. You can not only hear them but could also hear them. Turn down service was nice. But some nights it was done by 5 pm next time as late as 11 pm. One night not at all. Was a nice touch, they left weather information for following day and list of all actives.along with chocolates on your bed.also replaced all dirty towels and replaced with clean.
Preferred bar and snack area was nice. Always fresh things put out and bowl of fresh fruit that was nice to grab and take along to beach.bar was great to get drinks And take to room and watch sunsets.did not really spend time in there but was always treated wonderfully! Always seem to have. Nice crowd in there. Concierge in preferred was awesome. Knew our name from day one And greeted us each and every time! I don't think we once open the door ourselves! They were also wonderful helping us decide what excursions to go on. How taxis worked and etc.
Pool staff was awesome! Waiters run them selves silly for you. Always withSmile and my pleasure! They also knew us by name and remembered what we drank and never once did we go to the bar. No need . Glass was always full! Whe. I asked where I could find ice cream he brought it to my chair. Later to find out he ran up to the buffet for it! They bend over backward to make you feel special. Pool activities were always pleasant and fun. No pressures to get you play. Had a fashion show to bingo. On Saturday the kitchen came to the pool. Chefs came put with carts of different food. Prime rib sandwiches, fruit bowl fàtitis tacos and so much more. Sushi chef jumped in pool and served fresh sushi from a floating mat. So fun! All snack were served on plastic plates and would bring to you poolside.pool and beach Were always clean. Never saw garbage, food or extra glasses stacking up drinks were great Drinks were never watered down! Pool waitstaff was beyond awesome all week!!!!!!
Restaurants were all great. Càrnaval buffet was. Great place for breakfast lunch or dinner! Never was disappointed. The young lady that was the hostess in the Morning and lunch was. Delight. Always a smile and greeting with each of our names. Seen her on the boardwalk pm Saturday we had walked down there she seen us and came and greeted us ! She loves her job! would love to see her A the front desk! she is a wonderful asset to Now.We have no complaints with any restaurants. All were great!

Now vacation club/ timeshare. We were asked the first day to Attend one the next morning at 830 am. They tell you 90 minutes....be prepared for like three hours. They told us a walking tour of the property. We walked to the beach and back .with being there for less the 24 hours there was no way we were buying anytime share. Had not even seen more then our room at this point. Somewhat pushy. WAs asked if we didn't trust him....wasn't a matter of trust matter of 20k and less then 24 hours at your resorts. We did receive tickets for rythmans of the night and tequila tours but was three hours of my trip that was not worth it.

One thing I was disappointed about was, I had emailed and face booked now trying to plan something special for our 37 wedding anv. Was told they wrote it down. I also told them at check in. Nothing special done for us. Not even a mention in the list of names in daily list of anv birthdays honeymooners. Two days after we arrive home I receive Facebook message from her. Little too late. First saying she knew nothing about it to telling me she did find to once again claiming no emails. Which I do have and her response. So if you want to do something special.might want to find a more reliable person! She's good prior to arrival but is a no show while your actually at resort. Communication after we leave is unacceptable.

We woul go bak to now in a heartbeat. First place I have ever been to that I was sad to go home.outstanding job Now!

Room Tip: Never used spa too expensive...go outside of now. Great massages for one hour for twenty five dollar...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisle, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My Sisters surprised me for my birthday by taking me to Now Amber. I wasn't sure what to expect, never having been to Mexico OR to an all inclusive. It was a fabulous experience all around! We loved the suite in the preferred building on the 8th floor--not sure what the rooms looked like that were not in that building. We had plenty of space for the 3 of us; 2 full sized beds, a small jet tub on the balcony, afull size jet tub in the bathroom area, and a very large shower. There were door panels to pull open for more privacy in the sink/shower area when needed; we realized that the people in the next room could see our reflections in the glass panel on the balcony, so sliding doors worked out well! The whole resort was immaculate; all of the pools were very nice, and the oceanfront beach was great! We enjoyed all of the restaurants; never had a bad meal. The hotel did have a dress code--for men--in the restaurants. They needed a collared shirt, slacks, and shoes with closed toes. (Guys should check on that if going there.) We did go to the restaurants on the Secret's side also, but with being there 2/6 through 2/11, there were VERY few children at the resort. We walked into the area set aside for children, with toys, etc. and there is a specific children's pool, that children up to age 12 can use. It was situated right where parents could watch them, and close to the poolside grill. Our favorite restaurant was the steak and fish place; they were open most days for lunch and dinner--check the daily schedule, which you have to get yourself from the lobby if housekeeping forgets to put one in your room at turn down.
We did take a taxi into Downtown Puerto Valliarta one day and did a little shopping and sightseeing. The area along the water is very nice; lined with statues by famous local artists. We stopped in at the Cheeky Monkey for a Margarita; fun place.
All together a GREAT vacation! Because we were in the preferred building, there was food and snacks on the first floor all day and evening. Also, the daily "planned events" were well done. From water aerobics at Noon, to kayaking off the beach, we had a great time!
I also recommend Puerto Vallarta Adventures--"Rythym of the Night." It was awesome!
Oh; I notice some people at the resort getting the hard press sell on purchasing rooms--perhaps as a time share? I'm not sure, because no one approached us; maybe 3 women put them off?!?!?
ALSO...wear your walking shoes or sandals....for some of the restaurants, you have to walk a bit, and take an elevator to a different floor to get into that building, to get to that restaurant.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor in the preferred building; originally we were booked for the 3rd floor. I w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I are long time Dreams PV customers and usually go with a group every October. We were getting a little tired of Dreams and decided to research another location. Now Amber owned by the same company was outstanding for an AI. Our room. 12th floor with a gorgeous view, was immaculate and comfortable. We felt the food was even better than Dreams. We ate at the French twice, Oceana twice, Himitsu and Teppanyaki. There is something for everyone. Be aware that while the food is very good, the portions are very small. So, for you hearty eaters, you may need to order more. My only complaint about the food was that it was never served steaming hot. The maid service (and yes, we always tip in Mexico) was fairly good but my mirror just never got cleaned. We also had to call the concierge a few times to get our mini-bar serviced. I finally went in person to tell them it continued to be a problem. After that, we had no more problems. The pool service was great. My husband enjoyed Pacifico and Modelo in cans. I am not a big drinker, so I enjoyed my fruity Margaritas. I am sure most people would want a little more alcohol but that is easily remedied by simply asking. Free wifi is provided and it was pretty consistent. There are also free calls to the US and Canada from the room, which was extremely nice. Also, know that the Now Amber is the family friendly side of the resort and no children are allowed in some of the restaurants on the Secrets (Adults Only) side. My husband and I did not feel we needed to upgrade to Preferred Club, but not having experienced it, I cannot adresss any thing about that side. The nightly entertainment was mediocre, at best. However, each bar area had musicians beginning at 10 pm. The service in those bar areas was sporadic. This is a new resort and I am sure there needs to be a little tweaking. Most of the staff was very friendly and really good at their jobs. We had a great week and will return in October.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at Now Amber Resort and Spa in February as an escape from a Canadian winter. Overall we loved the resort for the most part and found the staff friendly and very helpful. Our only complaint would be the agressive sales tactics of the Unlimited Vacation Club. On checking in, we were given an invitation to their presentation the next day, which we decided to attend because we did have an interest in finding out more. We were told that the presentation would be 1 hour and that we would have a special breakfast. Well, the presentation was more like 3 hours, and the "special" breakfast was just at the buffet, with the sales person accompanying us. We were genuinely interested in finding out more about the program, but once we decided that it was not for us, it was very difficult to extricate ourselves without more and more people being brought out in an effort to keep us there. We finally just got up and said we were leaving. Throughout our one week stay, we were approached multiple times with "invitations"; one time being chased down the hill as we were heading out on foot to town. That said, the rest of the week was superb, in almost every aspect. My recommendation would be unless you are interested in joining the Unlimited Vacation club (maybe do some research beforehand), decline the invitation - it's not worth your precious vacation time spent for whatever free perk they offer you.
We thought the quality of the hotel was great, and loved that we could move freely between Now Amber and the Secrets (all adults) Hotel as they shared the same complex. As other travellers have described, no wristbands or reservations at the restaurants are required, and for the most part we had no problem being seated when we chose to go. The only restaurant we had a minor wait for was the Italian restaurant, and it was only for about 15 minutes. Most of the restaurants had beeper things to alert you when the table would be ready, so you could go and enjoy a drink in the lounge while waiting. The food and service at the restaurants was excellent; we especially enjoyed the French and Japanese restaurants, but of course that's a matter of taste. Another reviewer has mentioned Nayely in the Carnival buffet - we also noted her enthusiastic customer service and wanted to make mention of what an asset she is to the resort.
The pool area atmosphere was a bit noisy for our tastes, but we never had any problem getting a lounge chair on the beach, and we were never hassled by the ever-present vendors. Drink service was frequent.
The room was really nice and modern. We were on the 11th floor and looked out directly at the ocean. We were never offered an upgrade, but I can say if you want the upgrade for an improved view you'd be wasting your money. We enjoyed the open concept of the bathroom, although I understand why some reviewers might not. We thought it made the room feel spacious and there were no privacy issues with the toilet being in a separate space with a door. Housekeeping was a bit hit and miss, however. Some nights we had turn-down service and some we did not. Not really a big deal, but it does speak to the attention to detail. We also had one day where our room did not get made up at all - we went to dinner at 7:30 pm and alerted the hotel staff and by the time we got back it had been cleaned. According to their computer our room had beenmarked as having been cleaned, but we assured them it hadn't, so I'm not sure where the breakdown was.
We walked to town several times, and after about the first 10 minutes where it's quite busy and the sidewalks are not in great shape, we were downtown and along the Malecon. An easy walk if you don't mind walking in the heat - it's a little over 8 kilometers to the jetty and back from the hotel door.
We got great massages from the Spa (using the gift certificates from the presentation) and made regular use of the gym, which was busy first thing in the morning, but not at other times of the day. There is a good variety of equipment and weights at the gym, so those inclined to work out while on holiday can do so easily.
So overall, a very positive experience at NowAmber Resort and Spa.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I read lots of reviews before we went there so we thought we knew what to expect and about tipping, but we were surprised by many things that did NOT happen, even when we tipped. We stopped tipping after a few days, unless we got decent service, including the service in the room. Upon arrival there were some things that needed to be fixed right away a door that would not lock, no chain lock on the front door - we had 2 adjoining rooms with our kids in one room and us in the other and we wanted to feel safe. Some were fixed the 2nd day when we left a note and then they phoned to ask how everything was so I told her - then they fixed the rest. But we got terrible service. No towels were left in both rooms on 2 of the days, the rooms were done VERY late - like 5 and 6 pm. We'd be out at the pool all day and return to shower so we could go out for dinner and the rooms were still not done. Had to find maid carts and get our own towels. Tried phoning the 1st time it happened - useless. We were told if we left a few dollars in the room with a note for housekeeping of what we wanted we'd get good service. WRONG! They took the $ but didn't give what we asked and all we asked for was 4 fresh towels in each room each day. I'm not gonna list all my complaints, but there were lots of "little" things - and they all kind of add up .... We talked to people around the pool - many solicited us about what we did for tipping. We were surprised to hear that many of them were not tipping at all.
mini bar service was not done daily.
At Capers Restaurant on our first night for dinner - they "forgot" about us a dinner then tried to suck up - we were there for SO long - one guy came and asked us if we'd like dessert and we said we haven't had dinner yet - he was stunned - what ?? well, 5 guys were on us like hotcakes all serving us dinner at the same time and bringing us drinks we didn't order / want / need. Our empty water cups were filled. Prior to that we had been sitting there, after our appetizers for AGES....

Mexican Restaurant - had GREAT service from Jose Angel and Daniel
Grand Salon Mariachi Night - got Jose Angel again - he remembered us and gave us great service.
We've read and heard there's supposed to be service in room twice a day. We've had bare minimum once/day and it's been late - like 3 or 4 pm the first few days then 5 - 6 pm the rest of the trip.
we didn't get turn down service with the newsletter and "chocolates" for the first 3 nights then got it sporadically after then when I enquired at the front desk. It was also my daughters birthday when we were there and I had let them at the time of booking, in followup confirmations, upon arrival, when signing her up at kids club, etc. They didn't put it on the newsletter and they don't do anything for you.

service at pool is ok. they take forever to bring a drink, you tip them and you never see them again. I gave one guy $2 at the first delivery and said just keep them coming. never came back !!
If he had come back, I would have given him more $, but he didn't. We went to self serve bars after the 2nd day - didn't want to have to worry about tipping and crappy service. I expect to get a drink within 15 minutes. I don't think that's unreasonable. 45 minutes is way too long!

Juan at the self serve bar is great - I'm just going there now - he's friendly and helpful too - we tipped him and sought him out if he was serving at the pool.

our alarm clock time kept resetting to 12 oclock. maid seems to hit it everyday . we kept fixing it. what a hassle !!

Room Tip: all rooms were good locations - they ALL have a great view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!