“Great time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Now Amber Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Now Amber Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   David Alfaro Sisqueiros 164 | Col. Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #8 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Edmonton, Canada
“Great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed with my husband, our 26 yr. old son and his fiance and my sister and brother-in-law for week of Jan.13-20. We loved the resort. The beautiful rooms, pool area, lobby, spa and resturants are as good in person as they are in the photo's. The staff are extremely pleasant and have had some seriously good training...they want to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We all enjoyed the food and were very pleased with the variety. Every night we had had the "best meal so far" until we enjoyed the next meal even more. Don't miss the Teppanyaki. The entertainment crew work so very hard to get people involved in events and seem to be there all day and night! They really earn their money with the hours the put in. We really enjoyed all of the entertainment but especially the small acts in the lobby lounges. Speaking of lobby lounges you will be hard pressed to find a more comfortable and relaxing space filled with a "chill" atmosphere.

Our only very small complaint would be the noise out the back of the resort on the Secrets side. Dogs and roosters in the yard. My suggestion would be to bring earplugs for sleeping.

It amazes me when I read negative comments because those people must have had the complete opposite experience from the one we had. We would definately return to this resort and will recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'll try to be brief (unlike other reviews). I don't have any real complaints about this resort. GREAT service; food; drinks and the rooms are the nicest that I've stayed at (in all inclusive). The only complaint is that my room was an adjoining room where you could HEAR everything; so insist on having a non-adjoining room. The only benefit from the preferred club was that you got an outside hot tub/bath tub which was GREAT. Other than that, the food and drinks that you got in the preferred club room were not 'special;. The healing hands massage place outside the hotel was also great - do not even think about going to the spa at the hotel. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone and I most likely will return again.

Room Tip: if you like private outside hot tubs - BOOK PREFERRED!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bonnyville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here with wife and 14 year old daughter January 5-12, 2013. Traveled through Transat all Inclusive package.
11 hours travel time from waiting at Edmonton airport, a on time direct flight to PV, hours at PV lineup getting through customs then bus ride to hotel 10 minutes from airport. Got at edmonton airport at 3am arrive at Now Amber Resort at 2pm.
So happy to be on the bus on the way to the hotel after almost 2 hours in the PV airport getting through customs and trying to get off the plane. PV airport is not set up to accept the Airbus 310 series aircraft so we had to deplane on the tarmac into busses that hold 30 ppl each. 2 busses 350 ppl makes a long line up. On the bright side I did not see anyone get the red light.
After a quick stop at the Friendly PV Resort to drop off 4 ppl we where on our way to Now Amber only to discover that the driver left all our luggage at the other resort. We get the bags back and arrive at the hotel, we are given a cold drink and towel, nice and refreshing.
But wait, we cant check in yet because we have to take a tour of the resort and see the adult only Secrets Resort next door, but not my 14 year old, she is not allowed into the adult only side and was told she had to wait outside. We ditched the tour and headed to the front desk instead.
Very nice lady at front desk checks us into our room and tells us we are inluck!! Shes going to upgrade us to a very nice room on the 13th floor. Sweet I say and tip her 200 pesos for her trouble.
We get to this upgraded room, I look round and the nice man who showed us to the room with our newly found luggage says its one of their niceist rooms, I agree but point out that there are 3 of us and only one bed.
So after we all agree that it will not work for us we lug everything back down to the lobby and wait in line again for a different room. But that very nice girl at the front desk insits that the room is suffecent for our needs if my 5'10" tall daughter would sleep on the chair that is in the room. I kindly refuse her offer of trying to make it work and she tells me that they really dont have anything else big enough unless we upgrade to the Preferred Club at a cost of $600CND for the 3 of us, I agree to see the room. It is identical to the other one except it has two twin beds and a hot tub on the balcony. I tell the nice man who has been helping carry our bags round that I am not paying an extra $600 for a second bed and hotub in 30 degree weather. So back down to the lobby we go.
So we are now 2 hours into trying to check in to the hotel, shown a 3rd room that was the same as the first room, at this point I dont know if they just dont understand that 3 people require 2 beds or if she is just messing with me. I finally have had enough and ask them to give me the Junior Suite with ocean view that I paid $4800 for or call me a taxi to take us back to the airport or another hotel. My wife tells me to go have a drink at the hotel lobby bar she will talk to the front desk girl. After about 10 minutes my wife tells me they got it sorted out and we are givin the room we paid for, 2 beds!!
Next 3 days are fantastic, weather is great, food is increadable, drinks are good, service around the pools are great. Room is a different story though. Each day I leave the maid, 100pesos, and 50pesos in the mini fridge for who ever fills it everyday. 3 days out of the week we where there I had to call down to the front desk to get the mini fridge refilled, the money was taken but nothing refilled, classy.
The maid after a couple days just ended up pulling the comforter up over the bed to make it look like it was made up, took my money and left the room. But I guess to be still cleaning peoples rooms at 5 in the afternoon she must be getting tired.
Turn down service only showed up once the whole 7 days we where there but it was on a day where the maid didnt even show up so we did not need her to turn down the beds. I dont know maybe I wasnt tipping enough, probably my fault for not being awear that huge tips are the normal thing at this hotel or you do not get your room serviced. They should put that on their web site.
Day 4 we are sitting by the pool having a drink and my wife who has some medical stuff going on in her life can not take the heat anymore and removes her wig to hop in the pool to cool down, after she gets out of the pool the waiter who had been bringing us drinks for 4 days and getting tipped for every drink he brought us all of a sudden couldnt be bothered to come back around after seeing my wife with no hair. He would still serve the people around us but stop two chairs away and head in the other direction. For the next 3 days I was forced to have to go to the bar to get our drinks as he wouldnt come and serve us, and I would just like to say "Fernando, you disgust me. The way you looked at my wife without her hair on, wouldnt make eye contact with her when taking our order, looking up at the sky and then not even bring us our order of bottled water. You should be asshamed of yourself. After crying herself to sleep that night for thinking she was ruining our vacation I was able to convince her the next afternoon to leave the room and I would be our server for the rest of the trip if you didnt want to be. Dont lose any sleep over your actions though as I enjoyed serving my family and we still brought home some very great memories."
My daughter turned 15 while we where at the resort, a big thank you to the front desk for for birthday wishes and cake, although I must admit sending a 15 year old a bottle of wine at 9 in the evening is not your best idea.
So other than that I think the hotel was very nice, the food, shows where very good and there was always some sort of event going on. The beds where nice and comfortable, the wifi in the rooms where nice to keep my daughter occupied at night. My daughter enjoyed her time at your teen club. The view from the balcony was nice, sitting out there in the morning drinking coffee and watching the whales swim by and jumping out of the water. The airconditioner worked great at keeping the room cool.
So would I go back?? probably, After I took over as entertainment staff for my family we had a great time, and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
If the manger of the hotel is reading this, we did fill out 2 reports in the binder at the front desk when we checked out. Although for some reason my wife wrote you a better report then I did. I have noticed that you sometime say there is no report of things when they happen at the resort. So if its not in the binder one of your staff have removed it.

Room Tip: after having seen 4 different rooms, there is no differance in view. Do not go for the upgrades, eve...
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We've been travelling into the Puerto Vallarta area for over 20 years and just returned from the Now Amber resort. If you're looking for an excellent all inclusive product this facility is a perfect fit for the money. The service is exceptional, and especially around the pool - Alfredo was amazing in exceeding our expectations to ensuring our requirements were met and that we enjoyed a relaxing 10 days. The teams of employees are dedicated to ensuring that your every want is met. The facility has all the amenities and the beach area is ideal. Once you've paid your money, you need only enjoy a totally relaxing experience. The location of the facility allows you easy access to downtown, if you want to experience the busy hustle - it's a nice 20-25 minute walk. Outside the hotel area within the block there's also a Mega Store, where you can purchase anything you might have forgot, or want at very reasonable prices. The food was excellent in all the venues, and this is the one time we've returned with no upset stomachs. If you're a family, the spectrum of entertainment fits all ages. They have an amazing pool area. The best coffee served was at Coco's. Additionally, this is the one product that you can book through Westjet for a 10 day versus 7 day trip. The majority of patrons are from areas throughout Canada....we seen alot of Green and Yellow. The only negative I can find is if you're looking for a basic massage, the hotel's prices are not competitive to the three venues directly outside the hotel, which I used. However, if you're looking for a total spa experience - then they offer amazing packages and a wonderful venue.....congratulations Now Amber - you've succeeded in doing an exceptional job at providing a total relaxing experience, and we'll be returning. Thank you!

Room Tip: The rooms all have an ocean view with the exception of the garden view rooms; however, the great thi...
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've not seen lots of reviews on here from families, travelling with young kids and so here's my opinion. My kids (ages 3 and 7) loved the resort. They were sad to leave and can't wait to go back again. All the staff were so friendly toward them, it made them feel really special. They both really loved the waterslide, it was their favorite place to hang out, however, the water is freezing in the kid's pools. They are not heated and are in a very shaded area so they never warm up...I would suggest that the resort look at heating these pools. I've seen other people on here comment on kids being in all the pools. The main pool with the swim up bar is the warmest pool so that's why families use it. They went to the explorer's club a couple of times and really enjoyed themselves there, although I think they could improve on the daily activities. There were only a couple of things that really interested my kids on the schedule. I would also suggest that the daily activites around the pool be updated to include more options for families with younger kids. The only thing that we could participate in with our kids was fruit carving. We had a couple of cool days and there wasn't anything really to do. We tried going to the Core zone to play pool or air hockey but we weren't allowed in, which I would totally understand if teens were there using it, but I don't even think there was a teen a the resort and definitely none in the room when we got there. The parents aren't allowed in the explorer's club either so that also was not an option. It would also be nice if there was a kid friendly show or two earlier in the evening. Our 3 year old could never stay awake for the 9:00pm shows and when he did, he didn't find them that interesting (aside from the circus show). One more disappointing thing for me was that I'd looked forward to the beach BBQ and there wasn't one. I think there should be one of those at least once a week, so that all travellers get to experience it. Overall, I think the resort could improve on helping families to enjoy their vacation together since it is promoted as a family resort but like I said at first, our kids did really enjoy themselves and so did we. We would definitely recommend it, with a couple of small tweeks to improve on for families who want to have fun doing things together.

Room Tip: All rooms have a good view, don't pay for the upgrade...ask for a free one when you get there.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

If you have kids, that's the place. If you don't, you won't like this and should consider going elsewhere.

We were on the prefered side and like all other comments we enjoyed the upgraded mini-bar, lobby's food, exceptional service from Begnino, wifi, and the jaccuzzi.

However, during our stay, the Himitsu restaurant decided to try to open for kids.... HORROR!!!! And I don't know why but during our stay, many parents decided to take vacation from their kids too. Kids (3, 4, 5 years old) running and screaming everywhere, bumping waiters with fulled plates. We saw terrible things! Even the staff looked pissed off with those spoiled kids. We loved the fact that some restaurants were only for adults... Well........ And I'm not talking about the crying babies.

And the dress code which is something we appreciate and were looking for: No dress code at all! People were wearing flipflops and tanktops in restaurants where you shouldn't...

Ok, the place is beautiful, service is extraordinary. After this experience we will go for adults only resorts.

• Stayed December 2012
Mauricio M, General Manager at Now Amber Puerto Vallarta, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Now Amber Puerto Vallarta Management and Staff, we appreciate that you have taking your time to write us a review about your recent experience in our Resort. Please allow us to tell you more about our beautiful property, we are a Family Resort and have areas for children such as the Explorer’s Club, Core Zone and the Children’s Pool. Our Restaurants such as Carnival, Capers, Tamarindo and Castaways are kids friendly. As you have stated during some holiday’s season we open Himitsu for the children too in order to offer a better service to all our Families Guests that we had during those busier dates.

As all our Brands of AMResorts we implement the dress code for all the restaurants located on each property. It truly concerns me your review about the dress codes and be sure that we will try our best to enforce them in all restaurants without restrictions.

One again, thank you for sharing us your comments and very important feedback about your recent stay with us. We take seriously every review that we received from our guests, we hope that you can gives the opportunity to serve you once again in our property!

Mauricio Martinez
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Being greeted at the main entrance with a glass of champagne gave us the ipression that we were being treated like royalty and it continued for the week.
The view was spectacluar from the open air lobby while being escorted to the Preferred Club where we were checked in quickly and taken to our room. The luggage was delivered within 10 minutes.
The room was immaculate and was made up quickly each day when the do not disturb light was turned off.
The Preferred Club provides a hot breakfast, ceral, coffee, fresh juice each morning and fresh sandwiches throughout the day so no need to walk the extra few steps to a restaurant. It also had an exclusive premier brand bar for those booked there. The extra cost was minimal and certainly worth it.
The staff was very well spoken and could not seem to do enough for you. Special shout out to Miguel (server on the beach), Adriana (concierige in the PC) and especially Nayale (day hostess at Carnival Restuarant) Carnival is buffet but the best one I have ever eaten at!
All food was fresh, service quick and efficient. I can not say enough good things about the restaurants - we enjoyed them all!
One word can say it all - awesome!
Would we go back - absolutely!

Room Tip: 4th floor in the Preferred Club has the natural rock facing which is quit wide but good for those wh...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!