“bring pants, or you won't get food.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Now Amber Puerto Vallarta

You added Now Amber Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   David Alfaro Sisqueiros 164 | Col. Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #10 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
“bring pants, or you won't get food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

my second day here at Now Amber, I will be here for 5 days. food service is very slow in the restaurants, even for water took more than 15 minutes.. I pack about 10 pair of shorts and NO PANTS. it turns out you cannot get into any restaurants or activities after 6pm without pants and shoes.... now I am to go to Walmart tomorrow just to buy pants so I can eat dinner. this was frustrating ... employee was all nice.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

The rooms
Very clean, comfortable bed,  beautiful neutral decor.  The bathrooms are large with big jacuzzi tubs and lush rain head showers.   You will probably be hard pressed to find a nicer room in PV.
I think that almost every room in the resort is ocean view, and what a view it was.   My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed staying in our suite, as it was the best sleep that we have had in years.
Room tips, to upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question?
We booked the Preferred club Ocean-view Master swim out suite on the 6th floor.  This was undoubtedly the best and biggest room in the entire resort.   The private pool was unbelievable and the patio was big enough for a party of 50 people.   I thank the past people on trip advisor for alerting me to this.
The same room category on the first floor is a rip off because it is all open and not private at all.
The preferred club is an upgrade, but not in the room.   Only in the concierge lounge,  we did not use the lounge as we liked the lobby bar view much better.  The snacks provided at the concierge suite we're nothing that you couldn't get at the buffet.  For us, the only added value of the preferred club was the free wifi.  Next time, I would save my money, and get a standard room as they are just as fabulous as the preferred club rooms.   Preferred club does not entitle you to any additional restaurants or reserved areas in the hotel.

The beach
everything that other trip advisor contributors have been saying, is correct. You do not go to PV for the powder white beaches.  You get a little nicer beaches in Nuevo Vallarta, but overall you don't get the blue ocean and powder white sand here.  The beaches are kept clean, vey clean in fact.  The surf is rough and some areas are rocky.  Bring water shoes if you are a big beach lover.   Now about the vendors on the beach.  annoying, well maybe a little.  They do take no for an answer and don't pester you further.   what a hard way to make a living than to walk up and down the hot beach from one hotel to another.  Since all of the beaches are public, the hotel can not enforce that vendors not talk to their guests.

The Resort
Awesome!!!!  The is a small resort, but the details are simply stunning.  The lobby bars are just breathtaking.   The decor of the restaurants are great.
The pools are heated!!!! Yes!!  They are always a perfect temperature for Swimming, I wish that the hot tubs would have had some shade.

Location
This resort is very conveniently located near the airport, between marina Vallarta and the PV boardwalk.   Walking distance to the boardwalk is about 30 minutes or 45 minutes on the beach.  Marina Vallarta is a little further away,  would not recommend walking but it is a 5 dollar cab ride away.
Great mall nearby right next to Walmart.  Also, a 2 minute walk to massage row. 20 bucks for a 75 minute massage. Majesting healing hands seemed to be the best quality of massage. These ladies really know what hey are doing. The massages at the hotel seem a bit overpriced. The hydrotherapy area is well worth it.

Kids Club
This was our anniversary trip, so we didn't take our kids, but I did get an opportunity to tour the kids club.   The design of the kids club is just as fancy as the rest of the resort.  I was pleasantly surprised.  there was a mini theatre mini disco every night, an eating area, 2 trampolines, a climbing wall, a mini playing field, a climbing structure, a rainbow built play ground, an art area, a fuss ball table,  2 big screen televisions, a cooking area for kids, lots of toys and games.  The staff make up all of these fun games for the kids to play.  When I was there, the kids were having a great time with the water guns, and water balloon toss.   You must get your kids breakfast in the morning.   Normally, the club will take your kids to the buffet at lunch and dinner or order something from room service.
The kids club is open 9 am to 10pm each night, so if you want to take a night off without the kids , they will be entertained.  The kids club takes children ages 3 to 12.   They will also give you a pager like in the restaurants.

The service
The service was top notch.  Every employee went out of their way to make me happy.  I was very impressed with the exceptional service.  When you say thank you, the reply is always a heart felt , it's a pleasure.  With such great service, how can you not tip well?

The food
It looks like the French restaurant has it all together now.  We found all restaurants to be very organized and well staffed.  The food was better than most all inclusive resorts.   The food was very fresh and well prepared.
The French restaurant was our favorite.   I fell in love with their lamb chops crusted in walnuts and apple chutney perfectly cooked.  We also liked the japanese tepanyaki restaurant, very high quality of food there.  I was very confused with all of the sushi rolls having cream cheese in them??? And what was up with the paper thin sashimi??  Sashimi is supposed to be fresh thick cut fish,   We got the fresh part , but not the thick part.   The buffet was always excellent with a great selection of fresh foods.  The Mediterranean restaurant was fantastic with great scallops and shrimp, although I didn't understand why they didn't put tahini  and fresh lemon in the humus.  (maybe that is a difficult item to get in Mexico).  Overall,  a huge thumbs up for the food and bonus points for trying.

The Gym
First class all the way. Clean, cool, well serviced. Lifefitness brand new machines.
This was beyond my expectations for what a hotel gym should look like.

The People
We met some really lovely people at this resort.  Mostly Canadians and Americans.  Overall a really great crowd of people.  I didn't see very many drunken party animals acting silly.  Just lots of wholesome families and couples in love.  Our favorite person was Adrianna the concierge in the preferred tower,  she is so sweet , I miss her already.

The not so good..... Don't bring cash.
Our Safe was broken into and money stolen.  The passports were not taken, neither the credit cards, nor the iPad.  Just some cash (not all of it)  The hotel was very good about it, and professional.   They conducted a full investigation.  This did not sour me on the hotel, and I would definitely come back because they handled it so well.  I would just make sure to bring travelers checks next time, so it would not happen again.

Room Tip: now side , you will spend less on the rooms. The room deor is a little nicer on the secrets.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We have just came back from the NOW AMBER hotel of Puerto Vallarta. Definitely a nice and modern hotel with all the services needed to have great vacation but…

What we loved…
The room decor, the people, the pools with plenty of towels and comfortable chairs, the overall cleanness of the hotel, the ambiance and the lobby.

The service is incredible. People are nice, polite and willing to make your stay memorable. No exception if you’re at the pool, in your room or at the restaurants. This is there biggest advantage and differentiation point.

What you should know…
The Now Amber has opened in April 2012 and they are still in opening mode in term of food, activities, etc. Plenty of improvements to be expected short term.

The hotel is located in the middle of nowhere. We went for a walk and there is nothing to see or visit around it. The hotel is kind of a jewel in the middle of… nothing.

There is NO beach at all. The beach is very rocky, narrow, short, very surprising and disappointing. No long walk on the beach is possible. There are as well a lot of locals trying to sell you all kind of stuff, all day long. The hotel has put water playground for the kids in the middle of the ocean. Very good initiative. Not really popular since no the sea was not really welcoming.

The Now Amber is perfect for travelers that are more pool lovers than beach. The pools are perfect but are in the shade until 11:00 a.m. It gives you the time to sleep in and have a great breakfast. There is plenty of chairs and umbrellas for everyone. Nice pool bar. Great service. Kids are allowed at the Now Amber. Sometimes it can be noisy because of the shape and size of the pools that are very narrow and long especially the infinity one.

The Preferred building is nice but does not offer enough unique perks to pay the incremental money to stay there. The rooms are the same as the one located in the main building except for the bath products and WiFi access in the room which is highly appreciated. ALL the rooms have ocean view even in the main building. A few real Oceanfront are available in the Preferred section. No need to pay extra for an ocean view room even in the Preferred building, they are ALL ocean-pool view. Pay for a Garden view and your room will be located on floor 2 and 3 which is very nice. The Ocean view category is located on Floor 4 to 8. All the rooms at the Preferred section have no sun during the day. A nice drink at the end of the day on your balcony to enjoy the last rays of the sun is not possible. A little bit disappointing. The swim-up type of room have no sun at all during the day because of the angle of the building but their private pool entrance is great. Best room is the swim-up Preferred building Oceanfront. The room has is own pool that is sunny only at 2:30 p.m. There’s only one! Does it worth the cost?

The food is good and tasty but is not the best I ate in Mexico in the same level of hotel. For the price paid, I think they can do better. House wine is good especially the rosé. Great breakfast.

The fitness center is small but very well equipped and air-conditioned.

Finally we won’t go back because the biggest challenges to make that hotel a 4 or 5 stars all inclusive hotel are the location, the beach, the taste of the food and the Preferred section that needs some uniqueness to be exceptional (such as a private beach section or pool, nicer lounge, better amenities). And it’ll be difficult to achieve.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Just got back spending the 4th of July at this resort and it was all that I expected. The staff members are so willing to help with anything. From the maid service to the entertainment staff all I can say is WOW. Did a scuba diving lesson with "Lisa" in the infinity pool and would highly suggest getting ahold of her and taking the Las Caletas Hideaway Tour with Vallarta Adventures - you can get ahold of Lisa right at the resort or better yet email her before you get there to set up the lesson scubalisavallarta@hotmail.com. Like they tell you when you arrive at the resort "Welcome Home." I can now say I found a new place I can call home. Thank You NOW Amber staff for such a great time. :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Coquitlam, B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Now Amber from May 13th to the 20th. We have been to quite a few all inclusives and to other parts of Mexico but we just seem to prefer the Puerto Vallarta area.

I was a little apprehensive about staying at a resort that just opened a month earlier but since we like the Dreams chain we thought we would give it a try. I am so glad that we did. Since the hotel is brand new everything is in great shape and they keep it exceptionally clean. I really liked that if you did not have kids you could use the Secrets side of the property. I found both properties to be fairly small and both sides Now Amber and Secrets quiet. If you are looking for a party resort you will not find it here. I will try to do a review on all the areas that applied to us.

Lobby and common areas - all of the common areas were exceptionallly clean. The bathrooms were among the cleanest I have seen at any resort and the nicest. Both Now Amber and Secrets have a beautiful bar area off the lobby to sit and watch the amazing sunsets.

Rooms - we opted not to upgrade to the ocean view or the preferred club. We got a really good deal and figured to just see what the basic would get you. We had a garden view room which means you are on the lower level floors but you still have an ocean view. All of the rooms are ocean view but ocean view here means that you are on a higher floor. It just depends on how important it is to you to be up higher and if it is worth the extra cost. The room itself was really nice. Lots of space and the bathroom was really nice. It could be as open as you wanted it to be or you could pull the wooden doors across and have all the privacy you wanted. All rooms have a balcony but they are small and there is a small table with 2 chairs. I did find that if you ordered room services there wasn't a comfortable place to eat in your room. The table on the balcony is more for just sitting a drink on and not good for eating at. So therefore, you ended up eating at a long desk type table which was awkward to say the least. There is free wifi in all the rooms! That was a bonus! I don't think other than somewhere to properly eat in your room that the room lacked anything. Some people said the beds were too hard but that is a personal preferrence. There is a safe in your room and a dvd player.

Restaurants - buffet was one of the better that we have seen in Mexico. The ala cartes, we thought were quite good. I had some really nice filet mignon and some great seafood. I always take what people say with a grain of salt when it comes to restaurants as food is a personal preference too. I did NOT like Himitsu. I come from an area where there are endless sushi and japanese restaurants and I thought Himitsu was not good at all. I was even quite ill from eating there. The service also not the best. We really enjoyed the french and ate there twice. Oceana was good. The service we had at all the ala cartes with the exception of Himitsu was very good. Also, we do have to keep in mind that this resort is brand spanking new so there are always some kinks to work out.

Beach - I am a beach person. At most resorts I would say that I don't even go in the pools. The pools at Now Amber and Secrets were very clean and well tended to. The beach was not very good. I love the ocean and I did go in the ocean but I have been to much better beaches in the Puerto Vallarta area so I wouldn't go there just for the beach. As some people have mentioned in other reviews about the beach vendors being a real hassel. They are only allowed to come so far onto the property and many times security will chase them off. If you are on the lounge chairs on the sand area of the beach you are going to get bombarded! I have never had a problem with the beach vendors. They are trying to make a living. If you don't make eye contact or if you say No, Senor they will leave you alone. If you just ignore them they keep going. Would I say that it could ruin a vacation? Absolutely not!

Area - The hotel is within walking distance to the Malecon area of Puerto Vallarta. I would say it was a 40 minute walk right to the Malecon. It was safe and we walked there everyday. I don't know if I would walk it at night but during the day it was fine. There is a casino right near the Malecon and it was the cleanest casino I have ever been in. It's not your Las Vegas type of casino, there are no tables just slots but still it was fun. There is a new casino that just opened but we didn't make it there as it was not on the Malecon and we enjoyed the walk into town so didn't bother with the new casino. We were told that you could walk along the beach and it would be a shorter walk to the Malecon but we found that not to be an easy walk and we ended up cutting up thru a lane and getting back onto the main drag. Some of the time when it was really hot we ended up cabbing back to the hotel and it was a $5. u.s. cab ride.

Over all, we were very impressed with the Now Amber and Secrets Resorts. There was only one problem that we had and I think they really need to work on this. Housekeeping. Not the best. The resort was probably only at 30% or less capacity while we were there. I don't know if they are scattering people thru out the resort but if you did not get your room done by a certain time early in the morning chances are it wouldn't get done. We had one day where we were gone from the room the entire day, as we did a tour, and we came back and the room was still not done. I called and asked for the room to be cleaned and we went down and sat in the bar and when we came back all that had been done was the turn down service. This meant that the bed got made, bathroom tidied but not cleaned and no face cloths or clean towels and NO toilet paper. We actually ran out and I had to call and ask someone to bring toilet paper. One time we had the do not disturb sign on the door and they still walked in. Other days we would be gone from the room all morning and the room still wasn't done when we got back. I think there needs to be lots of improvement with regards to housekeeping. I can't comment on the preferred club as we did not stay in that section.

We had a wonderful time and we got a great deal on that trip. We have already booked to go back in December but this time we booked the Secrets side and the preferred club as the price was right and we wanted to see what the big difference is between the regular rooms and the preferred section. If you were to ask me if I would recommend these resorts I would definitely say yes! I think when the resort gets up and running and becomes popular I think the prices will go way up and it may tend to feel a little crowded but I'd say give it a try! We have been to numerous resorts in Mexico and this was by far the second best. I still have to give the best to Excellence Riviera but my husband said he thought this one was better! To each his own. If you go to Now Amber or Secrets you will have a great time.

One tip! When I was booking the trip online I was looking for a deal, which I did get but I did notice that you could get a better deal staying on the Now Amber side which was what I booked. Now Amber is the side that people with kids stay on. If you have kids you cannot stay or use the Secrets side. If you don't have kids and you get a really good deal on the Now Amber side I would take it. You can just use all the facilities at Secrets without paying for the adult side of the resorts.

At all of the AMR resorts which includes Dreams, you don't have to wear the all inclusive bracelets, you don't have to make reservations at any of the ala cartes and you can eat at whatever ala carte is open that night and as many times as you like. My rule, which is because I do not particularly like buffets, is that I never book an all inclusive that only has the 2 ala cartes and you get to eat once at each one.

Well, I think that covers everything that applied to us while we were staying at Now Amber. I can't wait to be back there in December! If you have any questions feel free to message me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at many Dreams resorts at different locations. Amber is by far the best of the lot. This place is brand new (parts still under construction). Everything from the decor to layout was vastly improved from other Dreams. I think they learned from other locations and made all the improvements in this one.

First I will start with the food. If you stayed at the other Dreams, you are probably familiar with the names of different restaurants. Amber is next door to the adults only Secrets, so some of the "no children" restaurants are in Secrets. However, the Asian restraunt is now adults only as well, and it is in Amber. Here's my rating for them:

Buffet: Great for breakfast and fast lunch. Menu is changed. Not as much "busy" foods, but enough variety to keep it interesting. By 3rd day, you would have tried everything.

Italian: Wow, what a vast improvement of this from the other Dreams! Almost everything is authentic, or close enough. No more cheap substitutes.

Asian: They actually employed a couple very good Hibachi chefs. Definitely better than your average Benihana. Sushi was slightly better than the bulk Costco version. Other dishes were better than average. Overall much better than Himitsu at other Dreams.

French: While the food was good, they were extremely salty. I am not sure it was overlooked on that day, or it was always that way. Overall presentation was good, but everything from soup to mussels was way too salty.

Mexican: If you went to the other Mexican restaurants at other Dreams, you would be very surprised at how good this one is. They spared no expenses creating a luxurious villa look, complete with indoor courtyard. All the dishes were excellent.

Seaside Grill: Nothing really special about this one. It has more options, and fresh tasting fish tacos.

Other parts of the resort were redesigned as well. Sunset and sunrise view at the lobby was breath taking. Explorer's club was also much better. If you have not checked out the SPA, it is highly recommended to stop by. Their aqua therapy pool looked like something out of Star Treks.

Overall I give it 5/5. It would be the perfect place to vacation if the beach is as good as Jamaica.

Room Tip: The the upgrade to "Prefer Club" status. It's worth the price difference.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Now Amber resort in Puerto Vallarta from June 16th to 23rd 2012. This resort was selected by apple vacations when we purchased a 6 apple square deal.

I would rate this resort as a 5+ rather than a 6. But yes I would come back. Why a 5+ rather than a 6?

The people were very nice and accommodations were first class and for the most part the service was very good. The room was usually clean but one day there was a smashed bug in the bathroom. There was also an electrical cord that hung down from the recessed light fixture in the bathroom. I probably could have found something to push it up out of sight but then I would not be able to rate the alertness of the staff. Yes it was still exposed for the entire week. One day there was a smash bug on the bathroom floor I assume housekeeping had smashed it but failed to discard the remains. Luckily I was able to discard the body before it could creep my wife out. Housekeeping also failed to replace toiletries that were used. One day I used the cotton swabs that were in a box between the sinks. For several days after I moved the toiletries around to make it obvious that a box was missing but they were never replaced. I will credit this resort as the size of the shampoo, lotion and 2 bars of soap were adequate for our week’s stay. However used items were not replaced without a call to the front desk.

Another item of concern is the dead insects in the hall and pool areas. We appreciated their spraying for insects every night. However you had to walk around many dead insects. I don’t know if they were leaving them for the birds but doubt that the poison that killed the insects would be good for the birds. The pools were also littered with insects most mornings. They did make a serious attempt to fish the insects out of the pools but if you got in one of the hot tubs or pools prior to noon you needed to dodge the dead insects.

This Resort has two sides one side is the new Now Amber the other half is Secrets. The Now side is for families while the secrets side is adults only. One of the benefits of staying at this resort is that you can use the facilities on either side. Another thing that bothered us was that during check in you had to listen to an offer to join their vacation club. If you stay at this resort either listen to their offer or make it clear that you are not interested. You need to make this clear because you will pass by the VIP desk at least once every day and offers will continue until you give an absolute response. To get from one side to the other you either need to either go through the lobbies past the VIP desks or cross on the beach. Since some meals and events are only held in one of the resorts multiple daily crossing is likely.

Check in
We were one of eight couples arrived that arrived on the same shuttle. Upon arriving we were handed a warm towel to freshen up. This was a nice touch. Then while standing in line to check in a waiter arrived with glasses of champagne. There was only one clerk at the desk so we were told that we could sit in the lobby and they would call us. While waiting additional cocktails were offered. After a while my wife realized that all of the others had checked in and were gone so we went up to the desk to check in. The clerk gave us room keys and offered us the opportunity to leave a credit card for cell phone calls or extras not included in the all inclusive package. We declined to give a credit card and were told that we needed to go to the VIP desk to complete the check in process. This desk was beside and separate from the check in counter. At the VIP desk we were offered the opportunity to receive a free excursion to an island in exchange for having breakfast with their representatives and learning about their ultimate travel club. We made and appointment for 8:30 the next morning. That evening we used the resorts free Wi-Fi to do some research about the Ultimate travel club on the internet. We decided that we weren’t interested. The next morning phone started ringing an hour before our appointment time. I suspect that the people that make the appointments and do the selling are commission based because they are persistent.

The resort was only about 10% full so everything was available. We were told that this is the rainy season. It normally rained at night, was cloudy early in the morning, the clouds burned off by 10 am then it started warming up. Highs each day were around 90° F.
There were many beach chairs and lounges available so people didn’t rush to there favorite areas to reserve one for the day. One of the guests told us that locals can use the pools, bars and meal facilities for $35.00 day. The resort has plenty of room and help so can handle the additional guests.

When the bellboy takes you to your room be sure to remember which floor you stop at. Our room number was 1757 but we were on the 7th floor, not the 17th floor like and American building. The lock on the door is RFID activated so the key card only needs to get near the lock so you aren’t fumbling around with the card trying to get the right end in the slot. Our room was very nice. King size bed jetted tub that would fit two, shower with a seat on one side also big enough for two. Double sinks a 32” flat screen, ceiling fan, light and safe in the closet. The sink and shower area were open to the room but sliding walls were provided should you want to make it a private area. We could see that some of the rooms had hot tubs on the decks.

The bellboy didn’t speak much English the only thing we understood was that we needed to keep the doors shut if we wanted the air conditioning to work. The air conditioning shut down for about 2 hours around midnight each night. After a couple of nights I found the fan controls behind a light. I turned it on high but it didn’t do much good at first. Then I figured out that 4 was the low setting and 1 was the high setting. I got up most nights and turned the fan on. A couple of nights I turned the fan on before going to bed but that made the room too cold.

Just inside the door to our room there was a switch that is supposed to tell housekeeping that they can make up the room and beside it is a switch that turns on a do not disturb light in the hallway. The housekeeping switch does nothing but use the do not disturb light when you are in the room. Housekeeping didn’t turn the housekeeping switch to the off position after they made up the room leading me to believe that it isn’t connected. This isn’t like a cruise ship and they don’t know when you come and go so use the do not disturb light anytime you are in the room. Our first night we went to bed early and when I awoke the next morning I thought I remembered someone coming into our room in the middle of the night. A few days later we watched the after dinner show and when we arrived at our room the bed had been turned down and there were chocolates on our pillows. That is when I realized that someone had come into our room. The turn down service doesn’t occur until after 10:00 pm so if you are going to be in your room turn the do not disturb light on.

One of our favorite spots was the chairs in the lobby. The lobby chairs were an ideal place to sit in the evening and enjoy a cocktail while watching the sunset.

I wanted a relaxing vacation where time didn’t matter so I deliberately left my watch at home. The designer of this resort must have had the same idea because there were not clocks anywhere not even in the lobby. This place is like a casino no clocks anywhere. There was a clock in the room but the time was not correct. I set the correct time and the next day it was incorrect again. The second time it was set it stayed correct for the rest of our stay. The clock didn’t have batteries for the backup. I suspect that housekeeping had accidentally unplugged the clock once while cleaning the room.

The pools are numerous, each side had a swim up bar with submerged stools. The Secrets side has two jetted hot tubs each would easily accommodate 15 guests. One afternoon the showers came early and about 20 people started partying in one of the hot tubs. The hotel had baskets of umbrellas near the entrances to the hotel and the people in the hot tub had placed umbrellas over their towels all around the hot tub. It was quite a comical sight. The Secrets side has a pool with lounge chairs built in. The NOW side has a pool with a slide. Towels are readily available as are pool floats. Some mornings you had share the pools with dead bugs. Apparently they spray every night or morning so you need to watch where you walk and swim.

The hotel has a daily paper that explains what is going on each day. Sometimes it doesn’t tell you if the event is taking place on the Secrets side or the Now side. The resort could use some signs to help guests find where things are. There are elevators that take you down to the entertainment, disco and additional lounge areas. These elevators are in the shopping areas behind the reception desks. They are not on a map and there are no signs telling you where these elevators are located or what is on each floor. Explore early and often and don’t believe the floor numbers on the buttons in these elevators. I suspect they used whatever was left from the main elevators.

There was a variety of food available at the main breakfast and lunch buffets. At first we couldn’t find the entrance only the exit. The restaurants have large glass windows on two walls and large glass double doors. Above the double doors you could read the word exit in reverse. We searched for another set of doors but finding none entered the exit doors and found out that they were the entrance. There was a variety of food available. Both local and familiar dishes were available. Everything I tried was good but before you use the salt and pepper shakers shake a little into your hand to make sure you are using what you wanted. We found that the shaker with multiple holes contained salt while the shaker with one hole contained pepper.

During the day there is also a restaurant on each side near the pool with the swim up bar on each side. The chips and fish, I think, salsa were really great. There is also a walk up bar in the pool area and near it some hot snack food is kept warm in covered containers.

The best things at this resort:
• Staff is friendly and attentive waiters in the pool area and restaurants are very good.
• Rooms and bathrooms are very nice.
• Liquor is all top shelf brands.
• There are plenty of very nice pools.
• There is an adequate supply of lounge chairs and towels are readily available. No need to get up early to reserve one.

Recommendations for this resort:
• Place signs or provide a map showing where things are, including which side and floor, and how to get there. This would improve the vacation experience unless you like to wander about and show up late for the shows.
• Would it be difficult to post hours on the entrances of the eating establishments near a clock?
• Remove the dead insect bodies from the halls and pool area.
• Be more thorough cleaning the bugs out of the pools and do it earlier.
• Connect the housekeeping buttons and replace supplies. .
• Turn the beds down during dinner. Everyone doesn’t stay out late
• Provide staff with English lessons.
• Silence the floor bells on the elevators at night.
• Ask people if they are interested in the ultimate travel club. Provide a pamphlet of the advantages and costs. Let them come to you.
• Get some clocks and set the clocks in the guest rooms.
• Fix the air conditioning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Now Amber Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!