“Amazing Resort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Vallarta Bay Resort & Spa

You added Secrets Vallarta Bay Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Secrets Vallarta Bay Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   David Alfaro Siquerios No. 164 | Col Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #9 of 120 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Springdale, Arkansas
“Amazing Resort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I never review our hotels because I think that my opinion is the same as everyone else's but this hotel is too wonderful not to mention. The photos on the website are exactly how the rooms look, absolutely beautiful! The service is excellent, lots of restaurants to find your taste. Capers on the Now side was our favorite, great Italian food. The pools are amazing, extremely clean. Manuel & Carlos at the pool bar are the best! I recommend the Las Caletas day trip, beautiful island. I hung out and my husband went scuba diving, his instructor Peter with Vallarta Adventures was an awesome instructor. Forget the spa at the hotel, walk outside the resort, turn left and go to Healing Hands, $25 for an hour and the ladies are wonderful :). All the staff were wonderful, adults only atmosphere in a wonderful hotel. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
West Hollywood, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

If you read the review I wrote on Secrets Resort & Spa, back in January... Here's the update.

Great place if you want to have a child-free vacation (I love children - some of my best friends are children... But I prefer to vacation without them).

Food and staff were great, again (particularly at "Bordeaux"). Love the way the hotel goes out of its way to provide or organize activities or entertainment or the odd additional food set-up by the pool or in the lobby.

My previous review on this place was beyond glowing. So here's the skinny, this time...

We were offered an upgrade from our ocean-view room to a Swim-Out Room, if we just sat through a 90-minute breakfast & presentation the next morning (our first morning there). I asked what would they be trying to sell us - to which I was told that it would be "no pressure since we were returning guests and that the most, we'd be invited to signup for would be a little plastic rewards-card". The breakfast & presentation took 3 hours! The breakfast was on the Now-Amber side (you'll see what I mean) so we had to endure kids on day-one (kids are fine but not if you've paid additional rates to be able to have breakfast without them). By the end of it, my partner (who has the patience of a saint) got more upset than I've ever before seen him, with regards to the hard-sell we were sitting through. This "no pressure" presentation where, by the way, they're trying to get you to lay out over $27,000(-U.S.) for the privilege of POSSIBLY getting UP TO a 40-50% discount on future stays at AM-Resorts. Then when you decline all of that, thank you very much - they send over a different person, a "good-cop" as far as I could tell, to try and sell you a Bronze-version at just six or seven thousand dollars!

Meanwhile, our new Swim-Out Room was exactly the same as our Ocean-View Room, but had a mini pool (which we didn't end up using) just outside the patio doors. The Swim-Outs are on the ground floor, right where there's plenty of moisture in the planters and in the lush landscaping (perfect breeding-ground for mosquitos). So naturally, every time we slid the patio-doors open, even for a second, mosquitos flew into the room. Also there seemed to be much more "running of the hotel" type of general noise on the ground floor than on the upper floors. Frankly, between the two, I'd opt for the Ocean-View!

If you want there to be any availability of one of the four treadmills in the gym, don't go between 9:00AM and 10:00AM.

The speed (& connectivity) of the WiFi was atrocious, after about 8:30AM, so get your important stuff done before then.

Room Tip: Ocean-View Room, anywhere above half way up the building.
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

GOOD:
-Excellent customer service.
-Very close to downtown(5,10 min in bus).
-Safe environment.
-Beautiful hotel.
-Minibar always full.
-Drinks always full (they have very good selection of hard alcohol).
-Always water and beer on ice accessible everywhere 24 hours.
-They have extras every day like taco car, sushi car, ice cream in the pool area.
-A lot of activities daily.
-Hotel is divide in adult area(secrets) and family area.
-Supper clean and organized.
-We had a swim out regular suite 1102. It's so nice to have you own private pool in front of your room.
BAD:
-Hotel is kinda small.
-Really strict with dress code in restaurants (Long Pants in men at 95 degrees is crazy).
-Buffet and room service food is not good. (We didn't use any of the restaurants because too hot for my husband to wear long pants).
*If you get activities is a lot cheaper walking outside to the left is this little plaza inside.
*Do the pirate ship.

Room Tip: -If u like view go for any over 6th floor. The lobby bar has a beautiful view too. -Swim out rooms...
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

From the moment we arrived were greeted with a glass of champagne & a cold eucalyptus scented cold hand towel. We did not need to wait to check in & were upgraded for free! The entire hotel is not only immaculately manicured but gorgeous as well. There is not one thing I can think of that could be done better other than some difficulty sorting out which light switches went with the many different light settings in the room. The service is wonderful & the staff are not only friendly but remember who you are after meeting them once. No reservations are required for the restaurants however long pants & closed toe shoes are required for the men. All of the food (including room service) is very good...however the Mexican food restaurant left little to be desired. That being said the Mexican food from room service was very good. The age ranges from late 20's & up with everyone enjoying each others company. We thoroughly enjoyed the adults only aspect although we did not always enjoy the kids being allowed in the restaurants for dinner from the other side of the resort. All in all it was everything my husband & I expected and more! We can't wait to get back...thank you everyone at Secrets Vallarta for helping us relax & recharge : )

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Upon our arrival at the hotel we were welcomed by staff wth champagne and CHILLED towels! We were upgraded to Secrets instead of the Now. Two minor suggestions: 1) concierge effort to sell timeshare we felt was EXTREMELY EXCESSIVE , 2) the musty smell in our room. Other than that EVERY EXPERIENCE we had at either hotel was FIRST CLASS and AMAZING! The bfast as well as the staff at the MARKET CAFE was FIRST CLASS, we were greeted by the sweetest hostess and sat at the same table everyday and our waiters- unfortunately I cannot remember their names one of which made a special "HAVE A GOOD TRIP HOME" plate for us and patted me on the shoulder-... It WAS VERY SPECIAL! And LUIS at supper at Market was SUPER FIRST CLASS- when we wanted to compliment him to his manager Alejandro, he was very humble and shared the compliment as a TEAM thing!! We found this to be the case everywhere we went in these 2 hotels ALWAYS a TEAM thing!! The entertainment staff LUZ, Cesar, Alejandro DEFINITELY worked as a team and were EXCELLENT at making people feel welcome and a part of MEXICAN BINGO! Volleyball,bracelet making, etc, they even included our "nephew" Justin BEAVER! Angel and Omar were our pool servers and they could not do enough for us! The young man in the pool BBQ place where u got hot dogs etc was VERY PERSONABLE TOO- even when he realized my Spanish was VERY LIMITED!!! Our experience wth EVERY MEMBER of the staff was ALL VERY PERSONABLE AND HOSPITABLE WE Felt they cld NOT DO ENOUGH FOR US!!! Oh yes, I cannot forget HECTOR's very special coffee making at the Oceana too- his service was impeccable too!! We will DEFINITELY be coming back to this resort!!!! My husband has travelled extensively thru work and he thoroughly would recommend this hotel to anyone! We r even trying to encourage our daughter to consider this place for her wedding or honeymoon - WE BOTH KNOW IT WLD DEFINITELY B SPECIAL!!:) THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH Secret and Now staff for making our first "Adult only" holiday VERY SPECIAL AND MEMORABLE!!! Sandy and Danny- the Justin Beaver's Aunt and Uncle

Room Tip: Ocean front room has beautiful view!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Last March my partner and I went to Puerto Vallarta for the second time. Secrets Vallarta Bay, I must say, has been one of the best resorts I have stayed in thus far. The food was impeccable, the service at the pool was adequate, but did I say the food was impeccable! The room service was menu selection was pretty good, as was the timing it took for the food to arrive to our room.

The maid service was good, I was confused the first couple of days though when we returned to our room after dinner to find the lights dimmed and the bed turned down. After that though we got used to the extra night time service.

All in all - I would definitely return to this resort again. I give this place an A+

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntley, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We will be leaving tomorrow. Celebrated our 50th anniversary. Staff is great Gil Estephania and Miguel stand out. Food is very good. Rooms are nice everyone is very friendly would come back AMR resorts do a nice job. Good quality. Here for 12 days August 17 to 29 th. brought two sons and daughter in laws down

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Secrets Vallarta Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!