“Romantic, Pampering, Luxurious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Secrets Vallarta Bay

Save Saved
You added Secrets Vallarta Bay to your Saves list
Secrets Vallarta Bay
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   David Alfaro Siquerios No. 164, Col Zona Hotelera Las Glorias, Puerto Vallarta 48333, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #6 of 121 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
New York
“Romantic, Pampering, Luxurious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

That is how I describe our 8 day stay at Secrets Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa...
We arrived on Tuesday July 2nd got married there Thursday July 5th and sadly left on Wednesday July 11, 2012... We were upgraded to the master suite which comes with preferred service which normally cost about $100 more a night.. Well worth it if you want premium service that caters to your every need... Not much more on enmities but personalized service and accommodating they are... Raul, Raul, Raul was exceptional from point of contact... He saw to our every need with a sincere smile and willingness to go above and beyond to care for our needs. My sister and boyfriend who were delayed a day reaching the resort on account of American Airlines deliberate overbooking & negligence would have missed our originally scheduled 11 am wedding had not Raul and our phenomenal coordinated Edith not been diligent & accommodating enough to delay our ceremony until my sister arrived which she did dressed from the airport and arrive as the bride was just about to appear... Raul also arranged for the adjustment with their room and additional day so they had no worries when they arrived and remember they weren't preferred service guest but as a courtesy to us he took care of all their arrangements. Then there was Brenda who catered at PVS's (preferred area lounge) along with a gentleman's name I'm forgetting who both were extremely accommodating.. Out room service there was flawless our huge suite cleaned and restocked once or twice a day. Cynthia, Cynthia, Cynthia was a sweetheart and made us feel special and sincerely cared for. She was head waiter at Oceania (where we had our wedding brunch) as well as Carnival restraint and oversaw our wedding brunch and whenever she saw us went out of her way to see we were cared for... Thank you so much Cynthia we love you.. ;-). Martin was our waiter at our wedding brunch and was both fun and full of energy not missing a beat with our entire group of 6... Their Japanese restaurant was very strict on arriving on time for their live Japanese grill but for regular service with proper attire you can just walk in which we did at least 3 nights we were there... The Tempura was awesome which is not serve with the special reserved dinner. Viviana the manage & Antonio the waiter/ chef and every thing guy were very professional & courteous... They are terribly short on staff there creating some wait at times which management needs to correct so that there is no negative reflection on those who work hard and deserve recognition like Antonio. Cesar, Jesus the bellhops, Alejandro the secrets lobby bar tender and Isabel the waitress who was everywhere and did it all were all exceptional... What made our experience there one that we will never forget was the treatment by those mentioned and some whose names we forgot.. Like the room service people who handle our calls for breakfast to our room almost every morning and those who delivered our food... The beautiful woman who replenished our bar and refrigerator every day and the nice women who cleaned. (all of which we tipped out of pure desire to do so not necessity) The place was gorgeous & luxurious especially the secrets side were we stayed but it was the kind and accommodating service from the staff that made me want return and able to overlook some of the resorts imperfections as a brand new resort (July is rain season but it only rained at night but one night it was torrential rain which caused some flooding and leaks but did not hamper our stay at all) that is understaffed and has a few flaws they must correct to truly be 5 star first class... But in my opinion they are close and will get there only if they address some of the reasonable complaints from previous guest! We will be back!!! They made us feel special..

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the pool area are great and the rooms with swim up are nice too although semi p...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (438)
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We just came back from our stayed at Secrets and it was all excellent.
From the moment we arrived and being greeted by Hugo, who made us feel right at home.

The place is amazing, all new, i stayed at a suite and found it to the standard and quality of any prestigious hotel. The service was truly go out of their way to ensure you are taken care of. Concierge staff was the best in particular Christy was the best. She gives "the extra mile" in her job! During the whole trip you see people being taken through the resort on timeshare tours.Restaurants in resort was phenomenal and with all inclusive. Bordeaux was terrific ant Mexican Food as well!!!

We went at Le Kliff Restaurant and the food was only ok, not the best!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Well I can say we had a very nice time just doing nothing! This is a very nice place, rooms are nice and clean and big, most staff was great to us . Martin and Omar were very outgoing in taking care of all are needs.beaches are OK except for the rocks in some areas and the vendors were always bothering you so it was hard to relax on the beach.food was excellant except for the travel time from secrets to some of the restaurants from elevator to elevator. Spa is a little over priced,if you don't get the coupons for sitting through the 2 hour presentation of them trying to sell you time share.it would be nice to go to a resort without people trying to sell you time shares.we felt that some of the staff had nothing to do with you if you didn't go to there seminar about the resort. Meet a very nice couple!

Room Tip: Stay on high floors its best!
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Ive stayed at some very nice all inclusive hotels in Mexico including LaBlanc and this one is very nice. The food was great and the staff was also very friendly. I will definitely return and I liked it so much I ended up buying the Unlimited Vacation Club. I cant wait to stay at the new Cancun Secrets. If you decide to check out the Unlimited Vacation Club membership hopefully you can get Igor. He was easy going and actually comes from the states.
We walked every day to DT PV and no one hassled us. The board walk is awesome with lots of shops and open bars.
The only draw back I could see happening would be to stay here during the busy season. It could get extremely hectec. We stayed in june which is the rainy season but no rain came.
I would definitely go back. If you have any questions feel free toreach out.

Room Tip: Tip your waiter and waitress. Even a buck will go along way.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned from this resort. We had an AMAZING time. The rooms were very comfy and had lots of room. We felt like the king and queen of the resort. The staff was very nice and always assisting us with whatever we needed. The view was AWESOME. The city of Pto. Vallarta is beautiful and we felt very safe going into and out of the city. The food was very tasty, and my 2 favorite spots were Himtsu and the duck from Castaways. If you are going to do excursions, I would suggest to book through Vallarta Adventurers. The tours were worth every penny. Word of advice- men pack long pants, because some restaurants will not let you in without them. We will def be back to visit this place!

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My best friend and I try to meet once every two years for a special vacation and this was the second time we used an AM property (my 3rd time). Due to busy schedules and living in different states we can only manage to stay for 5 nights. So, needless to say, every minute counts. I'll start with the extremely irritating points first...
We had booked an ocean view, Jr suite in the preferred tower. While we were being escorted to the preferred tower for check in we were advised that the resort was "maybe 20% full." This was just FINE with us. Our next point of contact was Johann at the preferred tower. He assigned us a Jr suite on the 8th floor. The wonderful bell man showed us all the room features, etc and as soon as he left we noticed the room was very warm and the balcony was a partial ocean view with the ocean facing wall being solid. There was no breeze on the balcony, it felt closed in and added with the warm temperature in the room we decided to go right back downstairs, talk to Johann and request a room change. We were advised there were no other available Jr suites and there "might" be one open "tomorrow after 1pm." We spoke to a supervisor and were told there were upgraded suites available for $300+ additional PER NIGHT or we could "downgrade" to another room with no mention of any type of refund. We were disappointed but decided to wait on the "possible" available room the next day. We decided not to unpack or get settled because we were pretty sure they'd move us. This was close to 5pm. We went back to the warm room and decided to make the best of it and wander around a bit and have dinner. The place was EMPTY! And that's not bad! We loved it. No waiting, no lines, maybe 2 other couples in the restaurant where we had dinner. Certainly got plenty of personal attention wherever we went and our pick of any seats in any restaurant, at the pool and beach. The next day at about 3pm we were assigned another Jr suite on the 6th floor and it was a HUGE difference. Glass walls on both sides of the balcony, a more available ocean view and ac that was icy cold. We were so happy to unpack and get settled. My thought is, the place was empty - we should have been moved immediately even if it was to an upgraded room at no cost. We were not seeking an upgrade, but were certainly not happy with where we were placed. One night out of five - over. It could have been so much better and nicer and sadly it slightly soured my experience and certainly my feelings about Johann.

Now the good stuff. The staff was awesome! So sweet and attentive. Especially Alejandro at the pool. He met me by name every morning, prepared my chair and brought me a cold bottle of water before I even opened my book or applied sun screen. I decided I wanted to parasail and one of Alejandro's beach server friends, Martin brokered the deal with the parasailing company and saved me about $20. Very sweet. I loved my flight.

Beach vendors are very pushy. Best way to deal with this for us was to stay at the pool. I can see how it would hinder people from loving any true beach serenity.

The restaurants were great. My favorite was Himitsu (the Japanese restaurant). Great show at the table and very fresh food. Loved the French and Oceana as well. Buffetts were so/so for me. Much preferred the cooked to order meals. Room service was FAST and accurate. Secrets box is a great touch.

Beautiful lobby with amazing views and very comfy chairs. Sat there almost every night after dinner and met some really nice people to chat with.

Very laid back, chill vacation.

I felt no pressure to tip, but we did tip almost everyone. These men and women work so hard and in low season (is June low season?) I was more than happy to spend a few dollars to show my appreciation.

Like I said, close to perfect. Not 100% sure I'd return after the room hassle situation, but time might heal that wound. :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This was the best resort I have ever stayed at! Service was excellent and staff was very nice. Room was very clean and food was beyond fantastic. Drinks were great as well. Men: Don't forget to pack a pair of pants for some restaurants. Hibachi grill was our favorite. This resort is connected to 'now amber' which is another resort under the same company. Families are aloud there but it is alot cheaper to stay there. The 2 resorts share restaurants. Even thou that resort allows kids, you do not run into them. They are not aloud on the secrets side at all. We would recommend staying on the 'now amber' side and going over to the secrets side. You save money and the resorts are identical. There is a massage place called 'Healing Hands' right outside of the resort. You can get 2 massages that are 75 minutes each for $45. CHECK IT OUT! When you exit the resort take a left and you will immediately see a place on the left that says 'Massage' and walk past that one about 3 buildings and you will see it across the street. It is next to a travel agency in a strip mall. It seemed sketchy at first but it was fantastic. The ladies were amazing. Workout facility at secrets was great too. We will DEFINITELY be returning and going to other secrets resorts.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Secrets Vallarta Bay? Share your experiences!