“Excellent pizza in an unexpected place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bella Napoli

Bella Napoli
Calle Morelos 128, Estacionamento Juarez, a un lado del banco Santander | Local #16, Puerto Vallarta 48300, Mexico
+52 322 223 8374
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 697 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Friday Harbor, Washington
“Excellent pizza in an unexpected place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I'm getting believe that most of Puerto Vallarta's really good restaurants are in out-of-the-way places in fairly basic settings. This place certainly fits that bill. Built into the street side of the garage next to the Rio Cuale, it is not in an optimum location (no view, lots of street noise) and I have walked past it several times without stopping. Thankfully, last night I did! All the tables are outside on the plaza and the kitchen is literally a "hole in the wall." You quickly forget all that when you get talking with the owners of the place, who are from Italy. They are clearly having a great time and it shows in their welcome to you, their service and (most importantly) their food! It's always nice to see some neighborhood kids come up to the window to see the chef create his pizzas and have him chat and laugh with them -- a true family restaurant! While they have a full Italian menu (which I will go back and try), I was there for the pizza, and I have to say it is the best I have had in Puerto Vallarta. The crust is thin, all the ingredients are fresh, and they are cooked in a wood-fired brick oven. They have some signature pies, a nightly chef's special (which I had -- yum!), and a "create your own." Their have a good wine and beer selection that is very reasonably priced. If excellent food and reasonable prices outweigh great scenery and elegant surroundings, then this is your place. I will definitely be returning!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Toronto
“Amazing . Athentic Italian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My husband has to have his fix of Italian food wherever we travel. I was a bit leary when he came up with this suggestion , since the location is not the quaintest. However , the service was great. Charming owner from Napoli served us and the chef making the food was singing a joking as he was preparing the food. Great authentic wood oven pizza and my husband had the fettucine bolognese which he raved about ( said the sauce was better than he'd had in italy),They offer wine and beer (limited drink menu) House red was good. This is not a place to go for a quiet romantic dinner or lunch but if you love authentic italian food than this is a must! This place is definately on our list of restaurants to return to in Puerto vallarta.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Brunswick
“All time best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is our 3rd Winter in Puerto Vallarta and we have become regulars at this restaurant. All the tables are outside and you can see the chef busy making pasta while singing. The waiter is very nice and will explain everything about the menu . We have brought many of our friends there and all of them were very impressed and had to return for more of the authentic Italian cuisine.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Onanole, Canada
“Great Pizza and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have pizza a lot in Puerto Vallarta. This is probably the best I have had here. The service was great because we were the only people in the place. This was a little bit scary but it was not becasue of the food. It is because of their rather awkward location. Right by the bridge going to old town you have to look hard to find the place as it is literally a hole in the wall. Dont let that stop you/The combination pizza and calzone was not only interesting but the crust,sauce and flavor was outstanding.They have a top notch wood fired oven and pizza was done to perfection. We look forward to trying the home made pasta on our next trip.Elegant dining it is not but good food at quite reasonable prices it is.I also like getting my diet pepsi in a glass bottle. The beer is quite reasonable. If you dont mind the setting..give it a try.

Visited January 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Authentic Italian Food in Puerto Vallarta!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I recently spent the Christmas holidays with my family in Puerto Vallarta. There were a total of 8 of us, ranging from the grandchildren, to the grandparents. We tried Bella Napoli on our first night. EVERYONE was super impressed! Having personally travelled throughout Italy, on many occasions, and having just returned only 6 weeks earlier from Napoli and the Amalfi coast, I can tell you this is as authentic as it gets! There is a lot of discussion in the reviews about the pizza, and rightfully so. My one son, who has never been to Italy, but has tried other "Neapolitan" style pizzas, said this was the best pizza he has every tried! My 2 grandsons also gave it the "best pizza award". I tried a pasta dish (Fettucini Ragu) which was also excellent. All of the pastas are made fresh, right in front of you. Not just cooked fresh to order, but actually made from scratch! No pre-cooked mushy crap like you get in most North American Italian restaurants. Our group tried numerous other restaurants throughout the week, but on our last night we all agreed that Bella Napoli was the best we had found in PV. As such we all went back on our last night and again enjoyed an OUTSTANDING meal. We were welcomed back, and sincerely thanked for our business. My grandsons ( 9 and 11) ordered an extra meal at each restaurant we ate at throughout the week to give to the "Chiclet Kids" along the Malecon. They too were happy to get a repeat performance of Bella Napoli pizza!!

• Visited December 2012