“An absolute must!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extreme Zip Line Adventure

Extreme Zip Line Adventure
Edificio Marina Golf Local 13-C, Calle Mastil, Marina Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta 63732, Mexico
+52 888 526 2238
Website
Improve this listing
Visit like an insider
$109*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Some say less is more – we disagree!! More is more fun when it comes to adventure, and the Extreme Adventure offers the most activities packed into one fun-filled day of adventure. Enjoy thrilling rides on a series of zip lines, including Mexico’s longest and fastest, an exhilarating off road ride in a Polaris UTV and much, much more. Be as extreme as you want to be, since all activities are completely optional – making the adventure a perfect day, with family fun for everyone. Book your activity online and get 3 tours for the price of 2 - with 15% off all tours.
“An absolute must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I am just about to turn 60, and I had never zip-lined before. This whole experience was terrific!! The staff is kind, helpful, and enthusiastic. Rick is so light-hearted and funny. Paula is a doll--so sweet and helpful. Cesar, Luigi, Joshua, and Andthony were right where you need them at all times. If you do only one thing at PV, this is the adventure to indulge in. Really. Truly!

Singapore
7 attraction reviews
“Safety first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Our extended family of 7 signed up for this activity online. I was a little hesitant that my 10-year old could do the zip lines but since her cousins were going, we decided to join the group. Am I glad I did! Edgar and his crew (Andrea, Eli, Uli, David and Stolskin) were with us every step of the way. Every thought was given to our safety, including double ropes for every zip line and several harnesses to make each station safe. My daughter was too light to go by herself on some zip lines so she went with one of the guides. It was a bit unnerving to be up in the trees and seeing the ground 22 meters below but I was confident that we were safe in our harnesses that were always hooked up to a rope. I was so confident about our safety that I actually let go and did the upside down zip line. That was really freaky but it was really quick. Flying on the zip lines was exhilarating but getting to some of the stations was an extreme workout! My daughter found the treks up the mountain very tiring and lagged behind everyone in our group. No matter how slow she was, however, there was always a crew member behind us to make sure that she made it up. We didn't drive the ATVs ourselves; each one of us was driven by a crew member. My daughter and her cousins were in one ATV and they absolutely loved it. They got a little dirty from the muddy waters that we crossed but it was still a thrill to go through that rugged terrain. The superman station was the best experience ever and we have our go-pro videos to prove it! I would definitely recommend doing this activity with older children (about 10 or older) but my 8 year old nephew absolutely loved it. Thank you again to Edgar and his crew for such a memorable day and thanks to Uli for the wonderful pictures.

Chelan, Washington
“A thrilling adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Heading to PVR this excursion was the one I was most looking forward to. Not only did it live up to my hype, it blew it out of the water. It started with a long ride up into the jungle. Our guide Stolzkin (Ruso) kept us entertained, chatted with us, and by the time we hit the Sofa King restaurant, he knew all of our names.

The location is very remote. I couldn't imagine what lay behind the dense forest, but I would soon find out. The adventure begins with detailed instruction on safety, which seems like it's a bit much until you see how seriously every staff member takes it, and how comfortable you are in their hands. The staff is high energy, highly-trained, and a lot of fun. They travel with you throughout your day, and you are joined by a photographer (ours was Alejandra) whose photos were so good, there was no question we would buy the whole CD.

We were a group of 9, but there were 13 total in our group. As we climbed higher and higher ( this is not for those who have trouble walking, climbing, and even some pretty intense hiking) and began riding the zip lines, the communication and coordination between our many staff members was astonishing. There is a path you follow the entire day and the guides lead you confidently and efficiently from one spot to another. Zip lining upside down was a little freaky but exhilirating. The two-man race was great. I found myself wishing I could go back and do some of them again. Little did I know how the Superman would reinforce that thought.

At one point we zip lined to a tree that had no way down from it...that is besides a rope. This was the free-fall rappel. I was a little nervous about it, but for no reason. It was easy, great, and over too fast. We were often given the option of skipping some activities (not all though. Some must be completed) but none of us was interested in skipping any of it.

The ladder climb was physically demanding...ok it was hard. But totally safe, no one rushing you, and very cool to complete. All in all, the first part of the adventure was everythingI had hoped for and more, including a (safe, but slow) tightrope walk, and a 'surfing' zip line.

At this point we started to hear the ATVs and let me tell you - complete thrill. My daughter was (thankfully) too young to drive (must be 18) so I got to drive the whole way. When they warn you to bring a change of clothes, believe them. The mud bog driving was all it was advertised to be. We were drenched, dirty, and laughing the whole way.

Finally, it was time for the BIG hike up to Super,an. I wasn't sure all of our party was going to make it. It was super hot. But kudos to the VA staff. They had cold water strategically placed throughout the day which really helped. We shot arrows, which was a bit odd, but fun, and then it was time to fly.

Let me just say that I finally understand what it must be like to be a bird. Flying through (not just over, but literally THROUGH) the jungle at more than 60 mph was the single most exciting thrilling and adrenaline rushing experience of my life. I am certain that zip lines are forever ruined for me, as I can't imagine anything being better than this. Best part was the GoPro they put on our helmets and the video that i willingly bought of the ride.

Finally, a peculiar finish down an enclosed waterslide that a) cololed us down, b) cleaned us off, sort of, and c) brought us back down to near the end of the tour.

Waiting for us were fruit, chips and salsa, drinks, and the option of buying more food if we wished. Photos were ready for us to view on computers, and we quickly bought the full CD with videos, because, how could we not?

It was a long ride back to the starting point, and you definitely see a different side of Mexico than the fancy resorts. But in the end, I cannot say enough positive about Stolzkin, Rick (from Tacoma!), Paula, Cesar, Joshua, and Marlon, not to mention Alejandra, our photographer. They do this several times a day, but we felt like their only group when we went. Highly trained, focused always on our safety, fun, encouraging, all of them.

The excursion is spendy, but I would pay it all again just to ride Superman. The rest of the day was icing on the cake, and it was awesome. Thanks Vallarta Adventures - for a day I will never forget!

Visited June 2014
10 attraction reviews
“Extreme without altering the natural environment around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Extreme experience as I mentioned, I took my nephew with me and we love the entire experience the zip-line "superman it's a must", staff treat you like your best friend especially tour guide Andrea. best part the company tries not to alter the natural environment as possible.

Saint Charles, Missouri
“Thoughtful employees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I felt very safe with she staff's knowledge of alI the activities. I personally only went through 3 zip stations, as I am very afraid of heights. The other 4 people in our party continued through them all including the Superman-they loved it. I was still able to do the ATV and water ride. The employees personally escorted me around to meet up with my group.

Visited June 2014