“Great Diving Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 187 activities in Puerto Vallarta
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are a Dive Center offering PADI Certification courses since 1980 in Puerto Vallarta with a multilingual staff (Spanish, English and French)Snorkeling and Specialty Courses.
Owings, Maryland
“Great Diving Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Rarely post comments to travel boards but based on the great service provided by the Silent World Divers shop, I believe it was warranted. My wife and I recently spent a little over a week in Puerto Vallarta and since we love snorkeling we decided to try scuba diving. We heard of several tour companies offering a ‘discover scuba’ excursion. This is where you can try scuba without signing up for any PADI certifications to see if you want to pursue it further without any large investment. After a few days into our vacation we decided to try a ‘discover scuba’ outing with one of the larger tour companies. Before the initial dive we were given rudimentary training on safety, the equipment and on diving. Once in the water at about 10 feet we did some simple drills with the dive master and then went for our dive. We enjoyed it so much we decided to do a second ‘discovery’ dive two days later. After the ‘resort’ dives we decided we would like to pursue PADI certification but wanted to use a smaller dive shop. Following recommendations from others and since it was not too far from where we were staying we visited the Silent World Divers and made arrangements for scuba certification. Yadira really went the extra mile to ensure we had what we needed for study aids, book materials etc. prior to the training in the pool. I cant say enough how patient and thorough she was during the training. She made sure we very familiar and comfortable with every aspect of what we were doing in the water and with the equipment which really made the entire experience quite enjoyable. The two ocean dives were great. After the many drills on and under the surface, she showed us many spectacular sights during the dives. Yadira gave us awesome personal service, along with her boat crew the day of the dives. Cant praise her or them enough. We are returning soon and will be visiting Silent World Divers again for our open water certification.

Mark and Melinda

Eastlake, Ohio, United States
“Divemaster Course and lots of Diving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I enjoyed my three weeks in Puerto Vallarta a lot. Im sad its all over. I dove with Silent World Divers almost everyday. This is a very good dive shop and charter.
The main reason for my visit to PVR was to obtain my Divemaster Certification. Yadira is a very good intsructor and has more patience then I do..haha. But I managed to get it together enough to pass all of the Criteria to pass the course. Rodolpho and Roger were also very experienced divers and were very easy going and great to work with. I would recommend them to my firends for sure. Small groups of divers. No cattle car. With 50 divers. Maxium we had about 8 divers..was just perfect. Very enjoyable:)

Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
7 attraction reviews
“In the dark”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Unfortunately, I have to give a stronglr negative review to this dive shop, and definitely would not dive there. My son and I elected to further our qualifications by enrolling with Silent World Divers to do the PADI advanced underwater course. We read the PADI section on night dives prior to joining the boat to do our initial dives that night. In the PADI manual it clearly states that a diver should carry two torches in case of failure. We were supplied with only one torch each. The shop had planned to use glow sticks as the backups. The ones they purchased were non-functioning. The dive masters regulator was frozen and required pliers to open the screw that attaches the reg to the tank. It was stiff all the way , making me wonder about thecregularity of equipment service. There were two other tourists who had their own gear including wetsuits. The divemaster Rodolfo and his assistant wore wetsuits. We were told we didn't need them. There weren't any other wetsuits on the boat. We entered the water, the two other tourists following the other dive shop diver and ourselves followed by Rodolfo dive master. After about 10 minutes, my sons torch blew due to a leaking O ring. I turned to tell Rodolfo , who had maenwhile returned to the boat, without telling us. Apparently his solitary torch had blown also. We tried to signal the other dive shop diver but he didn't notice us. We surfaced with our solitary torch. In the second dive , Rodolfo had managed to borrow the other tourist's spare torches, so we had one light each. The second dive was notable for my son's concern about the air that was leaking from Rodolfos tank where the regulator attached. The stiff screw made a complete seal inappropriate. Thinking about what had happened, later that night we elected not to continue with them. We rang early the next day and were told we would be charged anyway as the boat required petrol and lunch had been provided. So our one and a quarter nightdives cost us over $500 US. For us it was safety rather than money. I have dived over 20 years in more than 10 countries. This is the worst PADI shop I have encountered. In the future I will stick to their larger centers.

Visited November 2012
rodolfo r, Gerente at Silent World Divers, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
it is so sad to read a comment like this from you , let me explain you what really happens that night i am pretty sure you and your son were too nervous to have a fair point of view: about the torches supposedly I asked the other divers were mine not theirs, my scuba gear is always in perfect condition because my life depends on it, if the lamp of your son was flooded was by his inability to set it up, is impressive the amount of details you remember about our alleged shortcomings and that you don't remember to wear your weight-belt before go into the water, anyway we appreciate your comments have a nice day !
Vancouver
“Great Diving Experience with Silent World”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had the pleasure of working with Silent World Divers this past week. Myself a PADI instructor and wife a DM took 4 students to Puerto Vallarta to complete the open water dives for a course we were teaching. I'm very happy we ended up working with Rodolfo, Yadira, Lorenzo and of course the excellent captain Chuy at Silent World Divers. They were very professional, knowledgable, and helpful throughout the course. We look forward to returning for some more great diving!
Thanks Silent World!

Salt Lake City, Utah
“USE THEM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Wow! thats what i can say about our experience with SLient World DIvers. My family and I came in on a Cruise and wanted our kids to expereince scuba diving....my wife and I are certified. I found them on the internet after searching different dive shops and comparing prices. They by far beat the others, offered more and the experience was AWESOME! my kids are still ranting about how awesome it was. They were patient with the kids, took the time to show us things while diving and had sodas, water, sandwiches, fruit and snacks in between our dives. We even got a DVD with pictures and Video with all the kids diving. PRICELESS! I honestly cannot say enough of how awesome they are. When we return to Puerta Vallarta, that is the ONLY dive shop we will dive with now. Thanks again Silent World Divers.