“Unforgettable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Canopy River

Canopy River
Francisco Medina Ascencio 1989 | Villas Vallarta Local H2-A, Puerto Vallarta 48310, Mexico
+52 (322) 222-0560
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the leading tour provider here in Puerto Vallarta and Nuevo Vallarta that offers Ziplining, Rappel, horsback riding, hiking, bike riding, Tequila tasting, and ATV tours. As a green company, we follow all rules of environmental protection and are part of a Select Group advised by the Mexican National Forestry Commission. aware that trees don't have to disappear to live an experience of adventure, excitement and adrenaline. At Canopy River, we are committed to blowing your mind and giving you memories of a lifetime. Canopy River Zip lining is located in the Four Elements Nature Park just 15 minutes from downtown Puerto Vallarta.The most beautiful exploring adventure Mexico has to offer. Jungles Forest and Rivers come to life right before your eyes. Nothing eles like it in Vallarta Dont miss out on Vallarta's Hidden treasure Canopy River Zip lining Nature Park.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
San Francisco, California
“Unforgettable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'll never forget this day! The first couple zips I was terrified, to be honest. Sweaty, shaky…the guides were incredible, VERY calming, trustworthy, empathetic. If it weren't for them I would've likely chickened out, and I'm so glad I did! Once I relaxed into it, it was amazing, truly. And we loved the free tequila tasting that followed our trip!

Visited January 2014

Regina, Canada
“"Exeeded expectations!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was the first time ziplining for both my daughter and I and are we ever glad we did. The sights and the experience was amazing. A particular note about the guides - they were fantastic! Their humor really put me at ease but they were also very professional and confident when it came to safety. There was a couple in our group that I would guess was in their 60's and the youngest of us was 8 and everyone had a blast. This tour is the first thing I describe to anyone who asks about my trip because I'm still so excited about it. Definitely a 'do-again'.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have never been ziplining and let me just say I am so glad I went! Me and my 2 sisters and my sister's husband went ziplining and had the time of our lives. It was such an incredible experience! I was extremely pleased especially with the guides. They were so funny and so nice. They definitely made our ziplining experience amazing. I forget all of their names but we went on Thursday December 26, I think a few of their names were Romeo, Gerardo, and Moses? I can't remember exactly but we went during the morning and there were about 6 or 7 of them including the photographer. They were awesome!! To top it off we got to ride mules back and it was so much fun! We purchased a DVD full of pictures and they all turned out very well! The ziplining experience and the photos are definitely worth the price you pay! The food at the restaurant there was also fantastic. It was real authentic Mexican cuisine that you won't get at your hotel. It was sooo good! I would highly recommend visiting Canopy River! Hopefully you'll be lucky enough to get the same group of tour guides we had! :)

Minneapolis
4 attraction reviews
“River Adventure Extravaganza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Our first trip to PV with another couple and this was the only excursion we booked. It was the only one we needed! What a wonderful day filled with excellent memories! We booked from the Riu Resort via Apple Vacation representative who recommended. It felt a bit strange at first because we were supposed to meet at the Splash Inn which was a ways away, but the transportation showed up and we rode in an open jeep thingy all they way up the mountain, which was nice for taking pictures. We zip lined several times, over canyon gorges, rappelled twice (kind of scary at first, but then fun), did some "extreme bridging" as friend dubbed it, last zip line was thru the chilly river water (but would do again in a heartbeat), then tubed for a small bit and took some mules back up the canyon valley. What an experience! We didn't get the pictures, but I now wish we would have, as a photographer, I was bummed I couldn't take my camera with, but also kind of glad that I didn't have to worry about it.

Definitely wear shoes appropriate for hiking, something with grip. Also, strongly suggest bringing a dry set of clothes & shoes (including undergarments)!

You can bring your camera with as they will have a locker area for you to put your things in before you start the adventure.

Excellent memories, our group talked about it for the rest of the trip! Soo much fun and the instructors/guides were ALL friendly, had a great sense of humor and were fun!

San Francisco, California
“Great zipline/mule-ride experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Great experience Ziplining followed by a fun mule ride back to the base camp. The staff were extremely friendly and spoke good English. We had a party of 8 and all felt extremely safe with them.

Clean facilities with storage lockers while out on the ziplines. The kids in our party (11/12/13/13), and the adults all enjoyed the thrill of the ziplines. There was a little climbing involved between the lines (dirt trails), but the staff were patient and allowed plenty of time for the climb with several water breaks during the experience.

Photos were pretty good & came on DVD. We felt they were pretty good value.