“One of the best tours in PV” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peace Home Tours

Peace Home Tours
Ignacio L. Vallarta #228 | corner of Ignacio L. Vallarta and Lazaro Cardenas streets, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
224-4407
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #48 of 211 Activities in Puerto Vallarta
More attraction details
Owner description: The most interesting and complete tours in Puerto Vallarta. Two offerings, Home Tours and Botanical Garden & Zoo Tours with all proceeds funding charitable programs.
San Jose, California
“One of the best tours in PV”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I found out about the Peace Home Tours by chance. We had wanted to do a tour of the local houses for our upcoming trip and so I searched online. When I read the description of the tour and that the proceeds go to providing meals for the poorest residents in Vallarta, I had to buy the tickets. As for the tour, I was surprised and delighted. The houses were magnificent and included a private mansion at the top of Conchas Chinas (the Beverly Hills of PV). The guides were informative about the houses, the artwork and provided excellent conversation. After the tour, we went to a restaurant on the South Side and had food and drinks. It was great fun.

One thing to note from the tour is that the average income for a worker of the hotels in Vallarta is around USD$400 per month during the high season and $0 during the low season. The average worker supports 3-4 people in their family. When there is no work, they have no money and no food. Peace provides food to these families.

All in all, it's a great way to give back and meet new friends.

Visited March 2013

Punta de Mita, Mexico
“PEACE Home Tour review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a terrific outing where all proceeds go toward PEACE's "food for work" program. Each fee produces 10 meals, if I recollect correctly.

Wonderful homes and views, well organized, fun tour guides. Excellent outing which takes place each Tuesday where different homes are shown.

Visited February 2013
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Peace Home Tours 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was an amazing bus tour! Wonderful sightseeing as well of the southern part of Puerto Vallarta. Our hosts were great and really knew the homes we were visiting. The 10,000 SF home--with the ocean view--breathtaking!!!!! You are also giving your money towards a great cause. I would HIGHLY recommend this trip. I will be back in 2014 for another tour!

Visited January 2013
San Francisco
5 attraction reviews
“A wonderful way to see a part of PV you likely will not otherwise...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed the PHT. I saw four homes I never would have been able to on my own ranging from traditional PV architecture style from 40 years ago to an ultra-contemporary house to houses built into the hillside across from Los Arcos. The volunteer guides are knowledgeable, personable and helpful. If I were to visit PV again, I would do this trip. And to know the tour money helps Mexicans help themselves is a great side benefit.

Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wow! Great activity for Puerto Vallarta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I have been coming to Puerto Vallarta every year for over 10 years. This was my first house tour. It was really fun! I saw a side of Puerto Vallarta I would not normally see, and the volunteer tour guides ensured that everyone was well informed and had a good time. Best of all, the money they collect goes towards a good cause, one well worth supporting. I'm definitely planning on another house tour on my next trip to PVR.

Visited January 2013