“Kokopelli--- Yes You Can” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 42 nightlife in Puerto Vallarta
Type: Bar/ Clubs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: To all our Kokopelli friends, regretfully we have closed our doors in Puerto Vallarta for low season but will re- open in a new location Fall 2013.... Same fun! good food and drinks .... karaoke bar with special live music nights... Featuring the great sounds of the 60's 70's and 80's .. New location has an outstanding view of the Bahia De Banderas Bay... Of course Javier,Rick and Deb ...will be on hand to make sure you have a great time....THE LEGEND OF KOKOPELLI moves to the Rivera Nayarit. We hope to see you this fall. Contact us on Facebook or trip-advisor... .
Victoria, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Kokopelli--- Yes You Can”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

We checked out Kokopelli Karaoke and Dance Bar as we knew that two of the partners had lived in Victoria. We are not normally club people, or karaoke singers. To our surprise we had a total blast. The club is beautifully appointed, funky and fun. After a few drinks, and with support from Deb, both my hubby and I tried our hand at singing. We had fun dancing to the live band. This is a great place to learn a few dance moves. We slipped out the door at 2 AM, but the place was just hopping...

Visited February 2012

Surrey
“Favourite P.V. night spot..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I had a great time at this warm and friendly night spot ...We instantly felt like family. We enjoyed great music, dancing and service. This place had a "One of A Kind" artsy feel, with it's bold graphics and decorating. The Karaoke was fun, and only made better by the constant flow of couples dancing away to your tunes. When we return on our next trip to Puerto Vallarta, I know that my personal song list will be waiting for me, and all that will be needed after that is a "tall cool one", and the warm company of our hosts, Debra, Rick, and Javier..muchos wonderful...

Visited December 2011
Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome spot with everything in one place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I am not big on writing reviews ever as I don’t normally think of places highly enough afterwards to take my time and write about them. There are of course exceptions and this place was it for us. We had partied hard the night before and were not even planning to repeat the evening. We walked by this place called Kokopelli. It caught our eye as it didn’t look like a club or restaurant yet it was both of those things and more. At first glance I guess we assumed it was an art gallery or something due to all the vibrant colors. Kokopelli has a warm entrance and a staff that is truly there for us to have a good time. They do not seem to care if we are tourist or locals. Their main objective is clearly displayed that they want everyone that enters to feel comfortable, relaxed and part of the family. We received a warm welcome from one of the owners Javier Banos. He is bilingual which is great because we don’t actually speak Spanish. He was polite, attentive and at all times engaged in the club along with attending the restaurant downstairs. We had a few appetizers which is truly terrific as most places do not like to comingle. We were so comfortable and euphoric that literally hours passed before we realized it was morning. We had danced so many great latin favorites, listened to their live band sing and actually allow regular patrons to go up and sing with them, karaokee without judgement and just outstanding mix drinks. I dont even recall a moment that I had to flag my waiter down. It was almost like personal private service at my table. Also important to me is airconditioning which the club had although some may argue not cold enough although from all the dancing it was hard to drop body temperatures. It as well has a pool table and although I do not care for it I thought it tastefull and in a controlled environment.

My wife and I decided to catch a taxi home so that we can rest. It dawned on my wife later that day that we forgot our tequila glasses in a bag at Kokopelli. At first we just shrugged it off as to oh well what are we going to do their just shot glasses. Later we decided to call Kokopelli and they said they had our bag there at the front. I told them that we would pass by around 5pm as we were going to Plaza Caracoal for movies with friends afterwards. Upon it being 5:30pm I had decided that cancelling with Kokopelli wasn’t really necessary as I had only mentioned going at 5pm as a possibility. The waiter from the night before was there at the movies with our bag of tequila shots and 4 courtesy drinks or the choice of 20% off our next meal. We thanked the waiter and offered him 50 pesos as thanks. He declined professionally and stated it was honestly his pleasure. Although Kokopelli is only like 5-7 minutes walking distance from Plaza Caracoal it was still very nice that theywould of sent the waiter to deliver. It is important to note that the waiter was great the night before when he waited on us and wasn’t paid 15-18% TIP. It was refreshing to see him like and or love his job. As my wife and I reflected about this vacation, I can honestly tell you that one memorable thing we discussed was our awesome night we had at Kokopelli. I hope to go there again soon as they have live band, karaoke, dancing and much more. Real shame that we found them with two days before we had to leave. Next year though you all better believe we will be going to KOKOPELLI ! ! !

Visited May 2012
Javier B, Owner at Kokopelli Karaoke & Dance Bar, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. We are so happy you had a good experience at Kokopelli... We remember you and your wife ....great dancers.... ! We hope your travels bring you both back to PV soon .... And of course back to kokopelli. Thanks again for taking time to share your experience on trip advisor.
Regards
Javier Rick & Deb
Melbourne, Australia
“Best Bar and Club in Puerto Vallarta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Best place for Live Music and drinks! Drinks are so cheep!!!!!

Would recommend this place to anyone visiting PV

Karaoke is so much fun!, Love the Dance floor so much room!

Visited February 2012
Windsor, Canada
“Great place to have fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Just got back from vacation in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We dropped in at the Kokopelli Bar for a quick refreshing drink and ended up staying for hours. The owners were so accommadating and the drinks went down just fine. They also have great entertainment and a dance club if your so inclined. We had a blast. So if your in the area make this part of your to do's...

Visited March 2012