We just got back from our stay in PV and Sunset Plaza. It was an amazing and wonderful time!!! We were very impressed with the hotel and the quality of service. One thing to remember when you are there.....this is Mexico.....the pace is much slower......that is their culture and you are visiting their country. I have read other reviews that have stated that the quality of the service was undesirable but to the hotel's defense this is a new hotel and they are still working out the kinks. Everyone we came in contact with worked hard and were invested in making our stay the best ever! From the food (which was very good), the drinks, the butlers and maid service, the towel boys, the waiters, the bartenders, the pool staff and front desk......everyone was amazing! I would suggest that if you choose this hotel, tipping does help with the service. That is where the people make their money and they are more attentive to people who tip. We traveled with a teenager and two 20 some year olds and they also had a great time.
The rooms surpassed our most optimistic expectations. We did originally have two deluxe rooms but upgraded one room to a suite. It met and exceeded American hotel standards.......all rooms have a ocean front view and it was gorgeous. We kept sliding glass door open every night to listen to the ocean........we also were able to watch whales right from our balcony every morning.
We did go out a few times and I recommend that you take the bus service.......cheap and reliable.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone...whether you are traveling alone, with couples, with teenagers or children.....they cater to everyone. We will go back and stay at this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta