This place is simply top notch. You're greeted by the Manager, Javier upon your arrival and he actually came out of the hotel and opened our cab door for us. The place is right on the beach and offers several pools and hot tubs (some for adults only). The resort is small with only 100 rooms or so and it didn't feel crowded when we were there. The staff members are also top notch. Alejandro in the Adults Only pool was absolutely wonderful. Juan, Daniel and David at the Conceirge desk gave us several wonderful tips on activities and restaurants while we were there. As stated above, Javier is great and he went above and beyond to allow us to use the "hospitality suite" when we needed to check out but had five hours to kill before our flight.
The all-inclusive package is the way to go as the drinks continue to flow and the food is plentiful. There are only a couple of restaurants at this resort but they change up the menus so it's not like going buffet style. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all very good. The place is quiet, relaxing and everyone who was staying here was really nice. We met some great people who we hope to see again in the future!
The one bedroom ocean suite was very large and the housekeeping staff did a great job with keeping it absolutely spotless. The bed was insanely comfortable, the patio was large and had several pieces of furniture to sit/lay on. There are also TVs and DVD players in the suite and yes, some of the channels are in English. But you're not going to be in your room that much anyway, right?
We will return to Sunset Plaza very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta