Sunset Plaza Hotel may be one of the best hotels I've ever stayed. From its modern decor to its wonderful staff, Sunset Plaza also sits on a very convenient location between the airport and Romantic Zone. The staff are amazing in this hotel, helpful and they really appear they care. The pools are also immaculate. Location is perfect. For those of you that can't go without your US fast food fix, KFC, Burger King and Subway is only a 5 minute walk. Bank of America customer? The bank Santander will allow you to access your B of A account for free-- and it is also walking distance from the hotel. So why 4 stars, not 5? A couple of things. The room is elegantly appointed BUT the placement of the electrical outlets are very inconvenient. There were no available outlets next to the coffee machine-- I had to carry the coffee machine to the bathroom every morning to make coffee. You want to charge more than one device? Tough luck-- there is only one accessible bedside outlet, the other accessible one is 4 feet above the floor with no place to rest your device. Another negative is the food. I know, why give a negative review to a hotel based on food? This hotel has an All-inclusive option. They have three restaurants, the one near the pool serves food that are at best ok, bland but ok. The "Japanese" restaurant was a joke. The person who cooked us our Sukiyaki needs to go to a real Japanese restaurant and taste what Sukiyaki is supposed to taste like. The third is an Italian restaurant-- and after tasting the food at their "Japanese" restaurant, we did not dare eat here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsClick, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta