We stayed from 8/31-9/4. We had an AI package and had a great time. We would rate them 3.5/5 because they messed up our restaurant reservations, but we bumped them 4/5 because of few exceptional staff members.
1. Very clean (way better than many US hotels)
2. Staff. I always thought latinos/spanish people are way more warmer and welcoming than say white europeans. The staff at sunset plaza will make sure that you drink too much and eat too much.
** Special mention Sentriano/Centriano who was beyond exceptional in service while serving the pool area.
3. Location - amazing sunset views; close to downtown
4. Food - we tried both italian and mexican. Both were extremely satisfying.
1. Small resort (I would 3-4 days is max you can stay here)
2. Lack of any evening entertainment; no shows or dances; very quite
3. The bartender in the lobby bar was acting weird when we asked for a drink
4. They messed up our dinner reservation for the japanese restaurant and because of that we could not eat there. We were stuck with 2 restaurants - mexican (almost every day) and italian (dinner). We are from san francisco so that was limiting and a disappointment for us.