This was my second trip to Mexico in the last two years. My first trip was over the top and near perfect so my standards were very high to say the least. Overall the staff at the hotel was excellent and have no complaints there. Most of my issues come from either the policies the hotel has and the resort itself. I purchased an all inclusive option when booking which is supposed to provide all you can eat, drink ETC. Upon checking in I learned they are a few exceptions to what is and is not included. Though the list was small the mistake could be costly to some who may not understand. The bar in the hotel has a section that is not included and is only addressed by a very small sign in the bottom corner. We were also informed by our butler that if we get room and wanted a drink we would be charged full price for it unless we order food with the drink. I feel this is very absurd policy considering you have already paid for the food and beverage via your all-inclusive package. Dining in general at the resort was very slim to say the least. They have a deli which has limited hours, an outdoor diner and an italian restaurant for dinner. I didnt know until I got there that I wouldnt be able to eat at the italian restaurant due to a dress code. I packed tropical for my vacation and the restarant will not admit anyone with shorts or sandals. People in my party were told by their butler that there were unfortunately no exceptions either. My last issue deals with the beach itself on the resort. The beach was very very small and not clean at all. There was garbage all thru the sand and was hounded constantly for excursions and merchandise all day long. If your considering staying in the hotel zone I would suggest another place based off the issues I had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta