We had a wonderful week at the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa when we were there, June 15 -22, with our daughter, her husband and our two grand kids (ages 4 and 2). This was our second visit to the resort and if anything it was better as the resort has matured, the dining experience more refined and the staff more seasoned over the two plus years since it opened. Sunset Plaza offers an all-inclusive option for one's whole or partial stay.For those who want to prepare their own meals, the kitchen is fully equipped and the resort is a 10 minute walk to a very large supermarket.
We had a luxuriously appointed two bedroom three bathroom unit - with wonderful views of the ocean from each room with large balconies.. We are owners of the Vacation Club and chose the all-inclusive which all of us enjoyed. The best part was that there were no buffets and the quality of the food and service was excellent. Both of the the restaurants had good variety and options the menu changing often. The deli was good for snacks, especially if you are going out for the day and need a packed lunch. We enjoyed everything, and our grand kids were pleased with the food choices and quality. A suggestion we think will further improve the guests' experience here would be to have a BBQ night with cold salads and Mexican specialties (and let it be a buffet for one night a week - it would be a good change) in an informal setting with good music.
Our grandchildren enjoyed the kids club very much and Gloria, the instructor was very creative with the arts and crafts that she organized for the children. .
The pools, including the kids area were most pleasant with adequate seating around or near them, as were the three Jacuzzi's at the terrace level above the Mirador restaurant. The water in the pools was heated and it was nice and warm which has not been the case in many other Mexican resorts We appreciate the policy of not allowing guests to reserve lounge chairs in advance which is an issue in many other resorts. A suggestion here would be to have a few more large umbrellas for those who do not want to sit in the sun.
We were very pleased with the members of the staff we dealt with. They were friendly, helpful and courteous at all times. Mr.Javier Vergara, the resort manager, was a good listener, helpful, attentive, observant, kind and responsive. He sets a good example for the staff and a positive first impression for the guests. This comment also goes for our butler, Ivan who is also an asset to the resort. The bartending staff, Ulysees and Pablo were most accommodating and pleasant as were the servers, Eduardo and Beatriz. The restaurant staff (Jose, Miguel, Humberto, Martin, Cesar, Jorge and others), were very helpful and responsive to our needs and could not do enough for us.
Lastly, we wish to acknowledge the enthusiasm of the events team - who did a lot to make the activities special with cooking lessons, kayaking and pool games.
The resort is peaceful, very comfortable, located on the ocean front, close to the Malecon in central Puerto Vallarta, We are planning to return next year and often thereafter. It is the best experience we have had in a Puerto Vallarta resort. Shell Vacations Club (SVC) which we belong to has very good resorts but in our opinion Sunset Plaza may be one of the better ones associated with SVC.
We would recommend (very highly) this resort for those who want comfort, luxury, convenience, location together with very good service, excellent food at the restaurants, very friendly staff, and all that the west coast of Mexico has to offer - good views, excellent climate, friendly people, varied things to do, and a relaxed vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.