Amazing! My family - hubby and ( girls 14 & 11) came at the end of June 2013. It was the week their rainy season started, and it included a tropical storm. That was really our only negative on the whole trip. We wanted to spend more time lounging around the pool but it was overcast and rainy most days, except for one. The service was superb! My daughter turned 11 on the trip and they made it so special. They called ahead to the restuarant(Bubba Gump - downtown) and told them it was her birthday and they had a dessert and sang to her. Then when we came back they had a dessert in our room and wrote happy birthday on the plate. She felt so special. All the butlers were so helpful in answering questions and having recommendations. ( we liked to go out everyday and see the town and experience new things) We did all- inclusive one day which we all really liked. We were surprised at the prices of food everywhere. Every dinner or lunch was at least $50-$70, so it made sense if we were staying all day to do all- inclusive. My girls loved ordering piñadas all day. The waiters at the pool always came around to see if we wanted anything. They enjoyed swimming at the pool because it wasn't crowded and loud like other hotel with kids everywhere. My only suggestion is to have some things for kids ages 10- 18. They have a great kiddie area but it's for smaller children. Then they have 3 huge hot tub areas but it's only for adults. And they have a whole separate pool and area just for adults. So, it would be awesome for a couple getaway. But, my girls still had a great time, we all did. The room was amazing. We had a kitchen and living room. It was very upscale, new and spacious, and the view was amazing! They not only cleaned it everyday and straightened up, but they had a turn down service at night and made their bed ( pull out couch) and left chocolates on their pillow. My girls were very spoiled! They loved it! It was such a nice family vacation and the hotel was a major reason for that. I would recommend Sunset Plaza to everyone, it is so worth the money and makes for a great vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta