My family of four (2 boys ages 3 years and 9 months) stayed at this resort from June 25 - July 3, 2013. We were on the all - inclusive plan, and had a wonderful time at this resort. There are many reviews singing the praises of this resort, and they are all true. I specifically want to comment on a couple of points that I was unclear about when I was researching this resort prior to my trip: 1. food quality, and 2. convenience for staying with young kids.
1. FOOD. This was my first time staying at an all inclusive resort (except for a Carnival cruise, which was HORRIBLE and I hated). After that Carnival experience, I was very wary of choosing an all inclusive, because I like good food. I think of myself as a mini-foodie: I love good food, trying new restaurants and cuisines. I wanted to try all the great restaurants PV has to offer, but practically, I have 2 young kids (plus a non-foodie husband) so getting out to new and exciting restaurants three times a day seems more exhausting than exciting at this point in my life. Let me tell you: the food at this resort is DELICIOUS. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner were all delicious. They have two main restaurants - the Mirador and Luciano's. Luciano's is the Italian restaurant, reservations required, open only for dinner. This wasn't bad...we went once with our kids, but the restaurant is trying to be a little fancier, so we were very conscious of not being a nuisance with our little monsters :). The food was OK, but nothing I miss or think about. The food at the main restaurant though was really good. There were 2 menus in rotation during our stay, and they had plenty of options to choose from. The staff were always willing to accomodate any special requests for my boys, making things not on the menu on a regular basis. On our first meal, the waiter and kitchen made up a "baby food / soup" for my little one without us even asking. SO THOUGHTFUL. The waiters and staff all work exceptionally hard to make sure all your needs are met
2. YOUNG KIDS: We had no problems with our children here. We got a great crib when we checked into our room. Every single person we met was super nice and sweet to us and to our children. I think this might be part of the culture though, because througout our trip, I didn't get a single dirty look or withering stare (like I do sometimes at home in the US!!). We had a regular room with 2 double beds. This was a bit tight, truth be told, but it was fine. We didn't want to waste money upgrading, and they weren't giving it away free. :) Everything was always clean. They have a cute little play area and kids club, which is a nice size, and right next to the restaurant. The kids pool is the perfect size, and we spent all our time there. The boys LOVED it. The beach is tiny, but I've heard PV isn't known for their beaches.
All in all, we had a wonderful time in PV, and Sunset Plaza was a HUGE contributor there. I would whole-heartedly recommend this hotel to families, couples, anyone really.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.