Although all the reviews for this resort were exceptional, I still had my doubts about this place because of a few reasons:
1. My expectations tend to be over the top
2. The last resort I stayed at in Jamaica was AMAZING, so I didn't think this would beat it (Secrets St. James - Montego Bay)
3. I have a hard time believing other people
Let me tell you, this place is AS ADVERTISED. From the moment you step into this Resort it is truly magical. Javier, the Resort manager was at our car door when we stepped out, greeting us with a smile and a hand shake. We were brought into the resort and handed champagne. The check in was as smooth as could be. Not many questions or inquiries, just give your confirmation information and get your room key. But WAIT, Not until you get your complimentary massage! Seriously! A massage. And that wasn't the only complimentary massage through the stay. The views from each of the rooms are amazing and I must say the rooms are spectacular. They are clean and spacious. I am very obsessive compulsive with bathrooms especially and this met my OCD expectations. Very luxurious shower that you don't want to get out of. There were some doubts about the food based on what people wrote on trip advisor. The food was excellent. They had very good steak options for dinner, along with fish and chicken if you like that kind of stuff :). Their lunch options also provide a variety. We were by the pool most of the time for lunch so we just ordered off the pool menu. For me, this was Buffalo Wings and a Deli Sandwich. Great food. Breakfast was great as well. French Toast was great including all their omelet options. Each night, our waiter was Jorge. He did an excellent job. They do get busy at times and that should be understood. If you don't get your drink right away, theres no reason to get upset. Where are you going anyway? Enjoy it and take the scenery in. Order the steak medium-well, I mean, this is legit!
The swimming pools are always clean as well are the hot tubs that sit above the pools on a separate floor which I though was a nice touch. All of it overlooks the ocean and reveals a spectacular view only seen in beautiful paintings. One afternoon, Ruth gave an amazing massage to my wife and I. They offer mini cooking lessons and bartending lessons. Keeps you entertained.
The only real cons to the Sunset Plaza Resort is one that they cannot control. The resort next to it is somewhat loud during the afternoon, but that lasts only for a few hours. Let me emphasize, this party resort only is loud for a few hours. It does not get loud at night or in the morning. It starts about 12 PM and lasts until about 4 PM. I am not sure it was even every day. It might have just been the weekend we were there, but i have hard the same from other people as well. Aside from that, there were no cons.
Would I go back here again? There is no doubt! Sunset Plaza Beach -PV was above and beyond what I expected. By the way, why would you not get all-inclusive? I noted that there were quite a few who did not get the all inclusive. Its worth it. Dont worry about tabs and all that other stuff, go All-Inclusive in my opinion. Unless you plan on dining out a lot, but my wife and I didn't leave the resort. We got in our comfort zone and stayed there.
Once again, you can't go wrong with this place. We visited a few other resorts around the area. After walking through, we were running back to our haven. This place is worth the cash. Spend a little extra and choose Sunset Plaza Beach!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsClick, HotelTravel.com, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta