We loved our stay here! The hotel and grounds were beautiful. The rooms were spacious, well-kept, and very clean. All rooms have a balcony and an ocean view. Service by the hotel staff was exceptional--they were very friendly. They did a great job of making us feel as if we were the only people in the hotel and that they were just waiting to take care of us. As a resort, it was relatively small. We had planned to spend much of our time but found there was so much to do outside of the resort in Puerto Vallarta that we didn't want to be on the resort property too much. The location was very good--just a short, cheap taxi ride to the downtown area. We purchased an all-inclusive package, which wasn't a terribly expensive option, but we found we didn't use it for much other than pool-side drinks, breakfast, and a few lunches. There were too many other good restaurants in PV to stay on the resort for all meals. We traveled without kids, but there was a really nice looking kids' play area with its own little pool.
The only drawback to the resort was the LOUD resort next door--if we had wanted to take an afternoon nap with the patio doors open, it would have been rather distracting. The party next door quieted down around 7 or 8 at night, but it was a wild during the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta