We just got back from our honeymoon at the Sunset Plaza Hotel in Puerto Vallarta and we have to say it was a lovely and relaxing resort. We were anxious at first because we're more of a quiet couple and we were not looking for loud music or big crowds. The Sunset Plaza was a perfect fit for us in terms of size, atmosphere and service. The resort is on the newer side (built in 2010) and we were greeted by the hotel manager Javier when we first arrived himself. It was very safe and secure knowing that the even the entrance to the parking lot was staffed by hotel security who checked each taxi and person that came through.
The view of the ocean is incredible from each of the rooms and the pool. The facilities were very clean and well kept. The rooms were very comfortable. There is a personal safe in each room as well as an outer balcony which has a table and a couple of chairs for you to eat a leisurely private dinner while looking at the ocean.
The food was pretty good. We would recommend anything with flour tortillas as they make them fresh and tasty every day! The orange juice tasted like it was fresh squeezed. We wish there was a little bit more variety of food choices, but instead of a buffet, they cook to order which we would take any day.
The staff at the hotel were excellent and very knowledgeable of the area and had lots of good recommendations for activities. Hazael helped us a good deal with directions and recommended a great restaurant for us with a breathtaking view of the downtown area.
We would recommend this resort to others who are looking for a more quiet and relaxing experience for couples and families alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa