We stayed at the Sunset Plaza from 1-8 June. Staff was excellent, property was excellent, well maintained and very quiet (good for me as I like sitting by the pool reading and drinking margaritas).
I was worried about the food and drinks given some comments but I found it to be very good. If a drink was too weak we just would ask for additional shot and servers took care of us. What the resort/ Luciano Menu calls a Filet Mignon is most definitely not a Filet Mignon; it was very tasty however and probably a ribeye based on looks, fat content and tenderness. There was a foul odor detectable in our bathroom (may have been from the window or ventilation system). I suspect it was the ventilation system because as long as it was on we couldn't tell. Concierge was trying to get us to sign on the dotted line for excursions but the 5 year old didn't have the kind of attention span to bring on 6 or 8 hour trips; don't begrudge her the hard selling tactics it is her job after all but now I know better.
Breakfast sandwich was delicious but pack your insulin.
We went on an all inclusive package, it was worth it given what we paid for and the quality off site. Gratuity is not included but I recommend it as the staff works hard and have excellent attitudes.
Last 2 nights Thurs and Fri, there was a convention of some sort and the pool had a DJ, kids liked the dance music and they didn't play into the wee hours so it was fun.
Kids loved the pool, kids zone and got to release newly hatched turtles. Nearby Soriana (grocery store) is 4 blocks to keep fridge stocked. If you are put off by desparate street and beach vendors Mexico is not the place for you, a polite "Gracias, no" usually does the trick.
Note: Rainy season starts in Puerto Vallarta in June, if you like sunshine Fall is best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As one of the newest resorts in the Puerto Vallarta Hotel Zone, the Sunset Plaza Beach Resort and Spa boasts an incredible location. It is only a 5-minute cab ride to downtown Puerto Vallarta, where a wide array of world-class restaurants, shops, and galleries are available for your pleasure. Plus, you won`t want to miss the on-going display of local art, and a nightly show of the famous Papantla Fliers.Comfort is also one of hotels strengths; apart from hotels privileged location within Puerto Vallarta’s hotel zone, the tranquility of hotels beach is palpable. Everything is flawlessly harmonized to insure that your dream vacation encounters the perfect scenario.100 suites all front ocean view with huge terraces.Amenities include a large fitness center and spa, activity Kids Club, two full-service restaurants Mexican and Italian a self-service deli, a lobby lounge, and the poolside Aqua Bar. Whether you plan to visit for a family vacation, a romantic retreat, or an unforgettable wedding or honeymoon, plan to make Sunset Plaza Beach Resort your destination ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sunset Plaza Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Plaza Beach Resort And Spa
- Sunset Plaza Beach Hotel Puerto Vallarta